Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Hiriyu said:

I've never purchased from Amiami before. Are the preorder quantities granted "add-to-cart" or "check-out" first? Meaning, will I be racing to enter my card credentials against those of you that already have them saved?

Pre-enter all your details or you will be "cart-jacked" for sure. Amiami preorders have literally only last for a few seconds in the past.

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

16,480 Yen is the standard ~15% discount amiami gives on their Bandai preorders. NY should be coming in at under 14,000 yen but there is the extra wait...

Yeah I wouldn't want to wait for NY and order just the one from them.  It might be ok as a backup because you never know when the PO will be up on their site.  And the infamous circle of death...

CD Japan usually lists around the same time as HLJ, and I actually tend to use them as my secondary preorder source.  They don't tend to offer large discounts, and you have to pay up front depending on the payment source, but those details both work in your favor if you don't mind paying a bit more, since the site doesn't get quite as hammered as places like NY and AmiAmi.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, batteryoperatedsoul said:

Damn, so it is 3AM. Guess I'll go and pretend to sleep in my bed next to my wife and then pretend to get up to go to the bathroom at 2:45 am.

Wouldn't it be easier to tell her the truth? lol

QUESTION: So what merchant is the cheapeast??

Edited by Agent-GHQ

1 minute ago, Tober said:

Do CD Japan still often list early? I don't use them, but it might be worth preparing an account. Payment is upfront and not always discounted.

If you use a credit card you don't have to pay until it releases. They will do an authorization charge though. They usually list a bit later and you usually can't search for the link without an email link from them. Their prices are usually a bit higher too. But I like using them when I need to. They pack well, have been reliable and have no hassle cancellations.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

They usually list around the same time as HLJ, and I actually tend to use them as my secondary preorder source.  They don't tend to offer large discounts, and you have to pay up front depending on the payment source, but those details both work in your favor if you don't mind paying a bit more, since the site doesn't get quite as hammered as places like NY and AmiAmi.

To me, Hobby Search is the one that sells out the quickest... I don't think I have ever gotten to a screen where the "pre-order" button was available.  At T + 5 seconds, it's already sold out.

Edited by rdrunner

3 minutes ago, Agent-GHQ said:

Wouldn't it be easier to tell her the truth? lol

QUESTION: So what merchant is the cheapeast??

For some of us - NO!

Nippon Yassan is usually cheapest, initially. Their customer service is usually s**t tho. So if you have a problem, you will be fighting them. Similar situation with Anime Export.

Just now, Tober said:

For some of us - NO!

Nippon Yassan is usually cheapest, initially. Their customer service is usually s**t tho. So if you have a problem, you will be fighting them. Similar situation with Anime Export.

AE most times just won't respond at all. I order from them as kind of a last hope.

Well, whatever happens, this is a fun exercise :)

The last DX-style valk I bought new was a Yamato SV-51 Ivanov more than a decade ago. These insta-preorder hijinks are new to me, but I've got some good IPA on hand and plan to try to have fun with this, regardless of whether I snag one. Thanks for the tip @Tober

1 minute ago, Tober said:

For some of us - NO!

Agree with what you said about N-Y.  They also tend to be late on PO's... theirs opened a good hour and a half after the scheduled time.  They do have the cheapest *base price*, but they don't offer some of the cheaper shipping options.

So i'm going through stock photos in AmiAmi and the youtube product review with Kawamori and I don't see any missiles!!!!! WTH is this correct guys? 

I'm thinking.... what if the next run comes with a painted visor or a combo pack with the GBP armor. Gosh.,,,, do I really need another run of 1/48 line again?