Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

16 minutes ago, treatment said:

hmmm.  bizarre.

from the tamashii.jp's rather funny eng-translation: http://tamashii.jp/item/12634/?wovn=en

you'd think for the msrp, the missiles and stuff are included as a given...

No mention of the clown hands either...but they'll be in the box.....but yeah...no holding my breath on the missiles...silly move

or maybe they goofed up and painted them with black-tips and will not be ready! :rolleyes:

missile-amm1.gif

19 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No mention of the clown hands either...but they'll be in the box

Clown hands are pictured.

Some ordinance would be nice but I’ll be happy if they release them with the super/strike parts. 

ED592504-5D05-4C34-B631-30D3C818BC74.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm just happy it's under 20,000yen, that means I have zero reason to hunt Yamato 1/48s anymore.

Yeah I still look for the military paint schemes but the DX looks way better. Fingers crossed for CF, Low Viz, Stealth etc. 

35 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

It also has barrels molded into the cannons alongside the intakes.  This thing rocks.

Ah, the old "what are those things."  I've seen those called laser guns, or sensors.  Same thing with the red dots on the front of the nose cone (some say guns, some say sensors).

I just rewatched SDMF, and I can say that 100% they shoot lasers out of the red dots on the front of the nose cone, multiple times (in different episodes).  Not so sure about the things on the intakes, but it is possible (the animation is pretty rough sometimes).

Or you could chalk it all up to animation errors.  But it is the 80s, everything that could be a weapon, is a weapon.  And some things that couldn't be weapons, are still weapons.

This is a good looking piece. Somehow, I've managed to not have bought any version of a 1J in all my time collecting Macross stuff. This would be a good excuse to do so, but the Bandai pre-order insanity just isn't for me. I've tried that song and dance with the 31s and the process has been less than enjoyable. Might grab one if a non-crazy opportunity presents itself, otherwise it'll be living vicariously through pictures here.

46 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Clown hands are pictured.

Some ordinance would be nice but I’ll be happy if they release them with the super/strike parts. 

ED592504-5D05-4C34-B631-30D3C818BC74.jpeg

Yep...already knew that.....the pilot fig is also pictured.....yet it is mentioned in the contents list...;)

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

FWIW, I just measured one of my Yamato 1/48 Valks and it is exactly 270 mm, depending on the antenna angle and leg position so these will probably scale nearly perfectly together. I personally don't care if they are off by a bit.

Nice, can’t wait to do Spider-Man meme with Yamato and DX valks :)

BAC383BB-9B39-4D9E-93E3-38790261168A.jpeg

27 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yep...already knew that.....the pilot fig is also pictured.....yet it is mentioned in the contents list...;)

My bad didn’t realize you were referring to the content list :D

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

My bad didn’t realize you were referring to the content list :D

No worries.....maybe the Yamato 1/48 ordinance may work.....if not, pretty sure someone will make some cool "option parts" via Shapeways....think there are already 1/48 figues and other stuff on there.....need the pop-up pilot seat!

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Ah, the old "what are those things."  I've seen those called laser guns, or sensors.  Same thing with the red dots on the front of the nose cone (some say guns, some say sensors).

I just rewatched SDMF, and I can say that 100% they shoot lasers out of the red dots on the front of the nose cone, multiple times (in different episodes).  Not so sure about the things on the intakes, but it is possible (the animation is pretty rough sometimes).

Or you could chalk it all up to animation errors.  But it is the 80s, everything that could be a weapon, is a weapon.  And some things that couldn't be weapons, are still weapons.

According to the Macross Mecha Manual "reverse vernier thruster nozzle mounted on the side of each leg nacelle/air intake."  Makes sense to me although it was never depicted in use in the show. The "18 low-thrust vernier thrusters" were never shown in use in the show either.  I honestly never knew what those were back when I first watched the show.  The appeared to be giant screw heads to me.  The blisters on the nose cone were depicted as lasers on several episodes, but I think they should have also been thrusters.  Since the show was riddled with production errors, only Kawamori knows for sure.

1 minute ago, DewPoint said:

According to the Macross Mecha Manual "reverse vernier thruster nozzle mounted on the side of each leg nacelle/air intake."  Makes sense to me although it was never depicted in use in the show. The "18 low-thrust vernier thrusters" were never shown in use in the show either.  I honestly never knew what those were back when I first watched the show.  The appeared to be giant screw heads to me.  The blisters on the nose cone were depicted as lasers on several episodes, but I think they should have also been thrusters.  Since the show was riddled with production errors, only Kawamori knows for sure.

everyone knows those red dots shoot missiles and the wings have built-in machinge guns! :unknw:

gallery_12176_640_254574.jpg

@Slave IV I would be cautious knowing this is Bandai... remember how they made the VF-19 that is about the same height of Arcadia’s YF-19 but still they clearly play in 2 different scales. 

@jvmacross you are so right about 1:48 stuff on shapeways. I am not too much in the VF-1 ordnance but I have already prepared a TV and DYRL pilot in the more and more obvious case that their pilot doesn’t scale properly. 

2 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

@Slave IV I would be cautious knowing this is Bandai... remember how they made the VF-19 that is about the same height of Arcadia’s YF-19 but still they clearly play in 2 different scales. 

@jvmacross you are so right about 1:48 stuff on shapeways. I am not too much in the VF-1 ordnance but I have already prepared a TV and DYRL pilot in the more and more obvious case that their pilot doesn’t scale properly. 

I'm not too worried about it either way. I just noticed in one of the Bandai promo pics, it showed a lady holding the figure with a graphic that showed it was 270 mm. So I measured my Yamato to see where that was and it was 270 mm...

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Not sure where they got the 'lot of die cast' from....:D. Probably about the same amount present in a 1/100 albeit scaled up....(and they called those 'High Metal'...). I expect it to be lighter than your average 1/60 DX Delta....but we'll see.  Aside from the obligatory T-bar, feet and internal joints, that'll most likely be it as far die-cast is concerned.

14 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Yes, that extra room is for the special stand that will come with the figure on the initial PO release

10 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Same picture set included this pic....;)

Cool thanks guys!