Is there a Minmay Squadron?

JValk

Just looking at my Bandai valk decals that came with my chunky vf-1a, and saw that next to the skull decals for the skull squadron, etc., there was a fin decal for a picture of minmay intertwined with a dragon. Is there a canonical minmay squad out there, or is that just a possible fictional squad? Would be interesting to see if there was a custom Minmay valk that could be done that wasn't a "Minmay Guard" - something with a green paint scheme perhaps.

Just looking at my Bandai valk decals that came with my chunky vf-1a, and saw that next to the skull decals for the skull squadron, etc., there was a fin decal for a picture of minmay intertwined with a dragon. Is there a canonical minmay squad out there, or is that just a possible fictional squad? Would be interesting to see if there was a custom Minmay valk that could be done that wasn't a "Minmay Guard" - something with a green paint scheme perhaps.

Actually, that logo was intended for the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie of United Nations [spacy] Air Force 8th flight (troop/platoon).

Ok... I thought you were going to ask if Minmay ever piloted a Valkyrie squadron...

And the worst thing is that I can imagine it... Minmay being a heavy-duty Valkyrie pilot..... shooting down the enemy while singing...

Oh... wait... isn't that Macross 7? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently a japanese website has a description of the Minmay Guard at www.mo-xie.com/king_html/macross/001.htm but i cant read it - and babelfish gave me this :

MINMAY GUARD

Giving heaven? Star person (Zentradi) mark outer space? Fighting? Bundle empress? Year 20? Akemi mark Hayasi (Lynn Minmay) resident in 2013? Line Ryo earth šŸ mark round performing singing/stating meeting, in one ”b êt right ‘´ â‹. Ž§ charge "preservation? Entire world most very important person "mark duties? Engaging in falling arriving at Ryo "earth? Combination outer space? Special work? ? ? Special weapon system? ? ? Aviation? 87th special? Support? ? Line? "Mark circumstances, other things? Usual suffering name? "Akemi? ? "(Minmay Guard).

Global distance? Bundle empress Akemi „performing coming arriving at Ryo month sphere, resident in lunar surface Clavius base? Line Ryo prosperous name? "ASHES TO ASHES" mark? ? Performing singing/stating meeting (Ÿ feeling? Resident in? ? Edition? Picture << MACROSS yes ‘\? Profit? >> Mark most end tangible? ). Akemi? ? Mark VF-1S forming? Resident in meeting? ? Line precaution? ? Duty? Mark regulation desk body, right on surface? Direction outside Ryo prevention character, easy? ? Mark heaven? Star person (Zentradi)? Live violent rebellion? ? Genuine duty? Right? "Work? Akemi weapon Hayasi "? Line? ? Harmony research analysis? Correct right Akemi? ? Work? Weapon system? ? ? Aviation? Post section? Mark duty? . ? Section? Work? ? Combination? Inside? Expert several most numerous sections? Ž§ Prominence, nature Ž§? ? Mark? U? Associate –ç right most ‰Õ carving/moment. Removal Ryo thought nucleus? Line? Mark? Line skill? Outside harmony ability, appearance –ç right importance? U? Associate.

”b êt performing singing/stating meeting? Fixed neck next coming out? Resident in << Model Graphix >> 2002 with respect to October, Noboru? Mark work right reason morphism tail table –í charge? Equipment? ? Kobayashi —C mediating/helping? Line model production ˜¢ human work, ”V empress suffering? Mountain stream? Leaving edition? Work? << MACROSS remodelling? ? 3 >> (? Number 65766 and 1200 day origin) mark partial contents ˜° March of 03 guess coming out. ”V empress month sphere performing singing/stating meeting? Fixed? Coming out? ˜° 2003 August, Ÿ? ? Mountain stream? ? Second ?c Akemi guess coming out Ryo? ? ? ? ? (Month sphere performing singing/stating meeting), limit ˜°? Inside capital toy spreading/displaying? šS 500 ?c. ”V empress military officer? ? Giving VF-1S? The same FAST Pack equipment? Joint limit quantity 5000 ?c? šS (? Number 65768 and 3800 day origin).

Is there any chance I can get my paws on a JPEG?

There were some links on www.mo-xie.com/king_html/macross/001.htm that you could've followed to get some pics.

minmei guard (page 2)

minmei guard (page 3)

minmei guard (page 4)

Holy CRAP! That Strike VF-1S is absolutely GORGEOUS with the Minmay Squadron decals on. B))

BTW If you want to see the alternate Minmay Guard scheme applied, Here They Are.

But remember, these are schemes for the Minmay Guard - I guess there really isn't a "Minmay Squadron" per se, as answered above. That lil decal I saw (i would scan it in to show you but my decal sheet is gone atm for customization purposes) led me to think so, but no go - that painted logo of Minmay with the dragon is more of an "Memphis Belle"- type logo on an individual valk.

hmm if you want a custom one, i think anazasi may be opening up the shop soon for orders again? i don't know - but that's where i got my sheet. Here is his Decal Sheet thread, or just pop him a PM.

if you want the official "blue" set, hasegawa put them out - look at the list of macross dealers we have in the "Where to Buy" forum, one of them might have them still. if you want the "pink" minmay guard set, it comes packaged with the actual hasegawa model kit, which i think Monkey Nugget just got a re-order of, an some other dealers will probably have this set on hand as well. good luck with your Minmay hunting!

Edited by JValk

• 1 month later...
Actually, that logo was intended for the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie of United Nations [spacy] Air Force 8th flight (troop/platoon).

These are bad mistranslations. It is not part of the United Nations Air Force and it is not part of an 8th Flight/Troop/Platoon.

Where did you get that information? Just curious, I saw a Minmei guard model on E-Bay.

Macross Hobby Handbook 1, p. 23.

Also, on the Staff/Credit page it is said the logo is based an original drawn by Kazutaka Miyatake.

Kazutaka Miyatake did not draw this logo. It was drawn by ARTMIC. It is not written anywhere in the Macross Hobby Hand Book that Kazutaka Miyatake was involved in this logo.