Consolidated Megazone 23 Toy/Model Thread for 2017-2018

RavenHawk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since the 1980s I've only watched the International version of Megazone 23 part 2, loved the dubbing work by the ROBOTECH voice actors. Some of the best dubbing I've seen in anime IMHO. 

This week I watched the Japanese language version for the first time and it seemed kinda awful, especially BD's voice. I was so used to him sounding more masculine in the english dub, lol.

International English dub

VS

Original Japanese language

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Hmm I wonder if they misprinted the label. 1/12 scale?

No it's correct. That one is designed by Cou.... Along with the 1/12 Hargan that fits with it. I'm under the assumption that this will be scaled down then for the 1/24 Arcadia releases as it's the same designer. He also did a 1/12 version of the Arcadia 1/24 Garland released 👍

5 hours ago, daBlah! said:

No it's correct. That one is designed by Cou.... Along with the 1/12 Hargan that fits with it. I'm under the assumption that this will be scaled down then for the 1/24 Arcadia releases as it's the same designer. He also did a 1/12 version of the Arcadia 1/24 Garland released 👍

Thanks for the info. Interesting that the mock-ups are first being done at a much larger scale for the Arcadia Garlands, and this must be quite an exception as I don't seem to recall it being done for other toylines..

49 minutes ago, MKT said:

Thanks for the info. Interesting that the mock-ups are first being done at a much larger scale for the Arcadia Garlands, and this must be quite an exception as I don't seem to recall it being done for other toylines..

Yamato initially designed the 1/2000 SDF-1 prior of 1/3000. I know the 1/2000 was not massly produced, but in a way, it ended up as their 'mock-up' to create the 1/3000.

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I am ridiculously excited for this to come out. That display space has been sitting there, just waiting... plus these might actually be fun to handle.

I've ran out of space in my IKEA 2x4 cabinet I've mounted on the office wall 😅 I've the 1/24, the feature garland and 1/15 garlands mingling in one cube.... The 1/48 garland and Hargan transporter still haven't been built but would look great in a scene on their own 😅

The 1/12 Hargan 3d print went for sale back in October time. It was 3d printed but I don't think the transporter had ever been for sale since. 

Mr.K indicated that the likelihood of the transporter seems tied to the success of the Hargan release. 

1 hour ago, daBlah! said:

I've ran out of space in my IKEA 2x4 cabinet I've mounted on the office wall 😅 I've the 1/24, the feature garland and 1/15 garlands mingling in one cube.... The 1/48 garland and Hargan transporter still haven't been built but would look great in a scene on their own 😅

The 1/12 Hargan 3d print went for sale back in October time. It was 3d printed but I don't think the transporter had ever been for sale since. 

Mr.K indicated that the likelihood of the transporter seems tied to the success of the Hargan release. 

I actually reorganized my Ikea display cases a few months ago, and specifically left room for this (one of those, "thematically, this would be the right spot for it" kind of things).

My Garlands are all spread out across 4 different shelves, next to each other, and then I have a Hargan-like figure on a nearby shelf, so just waiting...

• 2 weeks later...

o0960170615075940649.jpg.a0b3e7d483894f9a8651015dec9e2aad.jpgo1706096015075940650.jpg.4158c5551aeb94fa0604ee71d89a8028.jpg

The translated quote below seems positive if sales are good I guess...

It's colored!
Well, that's good. Simplicity, ruggedness and stylishness. … This balance is unbearable!

It is composed of finer parts than Garland.

This is the most fun transformation .

The 1/12 size one that was displayed on site is for shape verification and will not be commercialized, so be careful not to make a mistake. (Omitted here)

As a toy man, I want 1/12 as well. … If sponsors and patrons appear, or! ??

I want to go to GR-2 and Villedesau as it is.

ask! Everyone, buy it in the carton!

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12725965645.html

5 hours ago, MKT said:

Ha so its GR-2 & Wilde Sau after the Hargun.. Part of me wishes they do the E=X Garland next, but these other rare ones are also welcome!

I certainly hope that they finish out the Garland variants so that there's a nice full collection line. I've held off buying the only E=X Garland available for this long maybe it's worth while waiting to see if Arcadia deliver a much better version. I believe it was @jeniusreview that put the nail in the coffin on that piece for me 😅

The Hargan transporter seems to depend on Hargan sales at the moment so fingers crossed this will happen. The 1/12 scale one is done and tested but no color version yet it seems.

Some GR-2 grunts would be nice to face off with the Proto Garland.

There are some nice ones like the Flagger and Hargan transport Flagger that could be nice pieces to see released in the scale. I'd like some time to CAD up the Transport Flagger for the 1/48 Hargan.

6 hours ago, daBlah! said:

I certainly hope that they finish out the Garland variants so that there's a nice full collection line. I've held off buying the only E=X Garland available for this long maybe it's worth while waiting to see if Arcadia deliver a much better version. I believe it was @jeniusreview that put the nail in the coffin on that piece for me 😅

The Hargan transporter seems to depend on Hargan sales at the moment so fingers crossed this will happen. The 1/12 scale one is done and tested but no color version yet it seems.

Some GR-2 grunts would be nice to face off with the Proto Garland.

There are some nice ones like the Flagger and Hargan transport Flagger that could be nice pieces to see released in the scale. I'd like some time to CAD up the Transport Flagger for the 1/48 Hargan.

Are you referring to the Good Smile/FREEing E=X?

I actually got two of them (right when they had their lowest price drop, so got there for like $90 a piece), and like them. It's one of those figures where I ABSOLUTELY 100% understand every complaint leveled against it... and they are completely justified... and it is super floppy... but the engineering is still very cool and it just looks so good next to my Arcadia Garland, so if you don't breathe too hard on it then it is gorgeous to look at.

I had missed the info on the Flagger somehow, and had assumed that the Flagger and Hargan were going to be a single purchase together. So the Hargan comes first, and if they sales aren't good enough then no Flagger? Well, I hope that we do get it, and within a reasonable time frame (or we're going to have some serious 3d printing going on to make up for it).

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Are you referring to the Good Smile/FREEing E=X?

I actually got two of them (right when they had their lowest price drop, so got there for like $90 a piece), and like them. It's one of those figures where I ABSOLUTELY 100% understand every complaint leveled against it... and they are completely justified... and it is super floppy... but the engineering is still very cool and it just looks so good next to my Arcadia Garland, so if you don't breathe too hard on it then it is gorgeous to look at.

I had missed the info on the Flagger somehow, and had assumed that the Flagger and Hargan were going to be a single purchase together. So the Hargan comes first, and if they sales aren't good enough then no Flagger? Well, I hope that we do get it, and within a reasonable time frame (or we're going to have some serious 3d printing going on to make up for it).

I've certainly had my moments that I'd look up for some Freeing E=X for sale. If I seen them for the price you got I could be swayed 😅

The Flagger Transporter I was on about was this one. Certainly hope the Transport truck one gets the go ahead with the hargan sales as Mr. K indicated.

flaggertransportertype.jpg.29284aa53fd1d3fc1e43bcb84416a0c2.jpg

I just noticed in the bottom of this photo the Garlands and the Hargan lined up nicely!

o0720128015075946088.jpg.be64371063f91af30a3c7d802aa340c7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Arcadia's Army Garland showed up at my door today..

Box art is simple but I do like it..

XhMMDCq.jpg

Here are the contents. Full sized Shinji, for the first time in his civvy clothes as rider on Bike mode, and half sized Shinji/soldier in suit & helmet for Slave mode.. I guess there's still very much value in keeping the older Yamato's Army Garland, since that is the only way to have a full sized rider in combat suit & helmet, plus the 2 extra Yui figures..

u6FRNKh.jpg

Unfortunately, Shinji's face suffers from the same affliction as the Proto Garland figures: unpainted eyes.. :unsure:

tDcnVEt.jpg

Still, the figure looks nice on the bike. When Arcadia switched to fixed pose figures, in concept I thought it was a step backwards compared to Yamato's articulated ones. But now, I think I prefer these fixed pose ones as they are much easier to get them on & off the bike, especially when the Yamato ones were in execution pretty awful due to their very fragile joints. Shinji here still has some head articulation though, his head being on a ball joint..

Nnz7qQO.jpg

Leaving it in Bike mode for now.. Bring on the Hargun Arcadia!

X8IIVCx.jpg

• 2 months later...