Consolidated Megazone 23 Toy/Model Thread for 2017-2018

RavenHawk

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It’s from the 1987 animated show Spiral Zone.

3EF0EBCF-143A-4781-ADE8-FB7FB1B8835C.jpeg.332bae78be6a3e6e89389b2016562c1c.jpeg

Huh, I didn't recognize it since that build looked so much more awesome than what appears in the cartoon.  Thought it might have been from some Mars war anime I still haven't seen.

Ahh, Spiral Zone, the wholesome, low-key Walking Dead of my youth.

11 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Huh, I didn't recognize it since that build looked so much more awesome than what appears in the cartoon.  Thought it might have been from some Mars war anime I still haven't seen.

Ahh, Spiral Zone, the wholesome, low-key Walking Dead of my youth.

I didn't know that Bandai made some toys of it too. ^_^

CollectionDX has some cool photos and a review. This is the first time I've seen it. It looks cool. But I like the leader's ride more. I don't think Bandai made one since the one below is from Tonka which is more cartoon toy looking. ;)

rf02.thumb.jpg.750bcfe014899f20584a2b72454944a1.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

The Garland in the display was cool.  I think the museum did a good job of giving a sample of motorcycles in manga and anime with the small amount of space while keeping to the point of the overall exhibit.  There was also a Batmobile display but not every Batmobile that ever existed was in there.

Edited by sh9000

• 2 weeks later...

I like the cute little girl in the "7G" T-shirt, but she just barely fits into "maneuver slave" mode...  How's an adult male supposed to pilot that?

Usually, I complain that the pilot figure's too small; this time, it's the bike that's too small.  <_<

Hey, what's that cool-looking car... a "Night Striker?"  It that a model kit?

I'll have to Google it.

bg_nightstriker_b.jpg

crap, it transforms?!  :o

Damn, I gotta get me one of those!

Edit:  Found one on Amazon.jp for ¥22,000.  Bought!  ^_^

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Hey, what's that cool-looking car... a "Night Striker?"  It that a model kit?

I'll have to Google it.

crap, it transforms?!  :o

Damn, I gotta get me one of those!

Edit:  Found one on Amazon.jp for ¥22,000.  Bought!  ^_^

Yup, it's from TAITO's Space Harrier videogame clone.  It actually has more alt modes; which one you get depends on the ending path you choose.  As for the kit, there are two versions: the initial silver one and a second "black pearl" edition with a standing pilot figure.  They're both molded in color, so they should look ok right out of the box.  They look to be both good quality resin kits that will require little clean up, but I can't comment on the build itself since I haven't had time to put either of them together.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

It went to my spam folder so I had missed it. Probably will ship it slow style since I have such a huge backlog of review items on my desk already.

I also chose slow shipping for several reasons. First, let's be honest, I'm cheap. Then I'm never in a rush to get my toys. And most important, from my experience, in France if you use any kind of express shipping, you'll end up paying custom fees. Whereas using slow shipping options, I avoided those custom fees 95% of the time.

Got my notice from Anime Export, too. Just waiting for a return email with shipping cost. Pretty excited- this'll be my first Garland toy. Fingers crossed that it's free of QC issues.

Just paid for fast shipping, so hopefully, I'll have it by Tuesday, provided it doesn't get lost in the customs wasteland. 

Edited by M'Kyuun

I just posted this news about the Mikimoto artwork goal on the Megazone 23 Kickstarter needing to be fulfilled by the end of this month. Cross post here just in case. It would be nice to see some new artwork for this Blu-ray release.

2 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Just received my proto garland from amiami (dhl is fast) its my 1st megazone toy and it looks great, though I only could take it out of the box and look at it in craft mode due to the newborn in the house.

Nice. I hope Arcadia tightened up the shoulder joints and made the paint a little more durable especially around the knees. 

Played with it a bit and the shoulders are pretty stiff so far, as I do not have earlier version to compare with, am not sure if there is improvement. But so far I do have a bit of paint chipping due to the one transformation I did.27BB6D20-CC7B-4702-9401-6E974CA43E55.thumb.jpeg.55c3525a67354f03422181b1afd1f7db.jpeg

BB90AC16-D7EF-44AB-8AF1-C2305DB02E6F.jpeg

Edited by Guyffon

4 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Played with it a bit and the shoulders are pretty stiff so far, as I do not have earlier version to compare with, am not sure if there is improvement. But so far I do have a bit of paint chipping due to the one transformation I did.27BB6D20-CC7B-4702-9401-6E974CA43E55.thumb.jpeg.55c3525a67354f03422181b1afd1f7db.jpeg

BB90AC16-D7EF-44AB-8AF1-C2305DB02E6F.jpeg

Good to hear they addressed the weak shoulder joints on from the first Garland. I still wish they did something about the paint / tolerances. 

Edited by SuperHobo