Consolidated Megazone 23 Toy/Model Thread for 2017-2018

RavenHawk

Well it arrived and the pain is now less ;) I'll leave it to the reviewers to review but one thing I'll quickly mention I'm particularly happy abut is the whole thing is finished in a very nice matte finish which may resolve some of the chipping issues the previous gloss white version had around the chest plate. In love the colors...what a cool piece!

special_color_garland.jpg

5 hours ago, jenius said:

I am debating if I should review it or maybe just update my red Garland review

You've had more bad luck when it comes to breakage (especially concerning Garlands) than anyone else I know...

And when it comes to a Garland so stupidly expensive even I wouldn't buy one, your reticence is understandable.

I mean, why risk it?

Strike Parts are really cool! In bike mode it makes your Garland kinda look like the GR-2 Mass Production Type Bike Mode from Part II!

20190525_165353.jpg

20190525_165603.jpg

The shoulder armor mechanism is really slick with how it folds around in both slave and bike mode. Rocket launcher panels open up to reveal missiles and there is a foldable scope on the telescoping beam cannon.

10190525_163446.jpg

One thing I had hoped to not have to do is you have to remove the taillights to fasten the backpack weapons holster. 

20190525_163036.jpg

A single complaint is the long range beam cannon is sooo flimsy it just comes apart easily but still looks cool.

20190525_163205.jpg

Strike Parts for Garland!

20190525_162956.jpg

20190525_165624.jpg

Edited by Bobby

7 hours ago, jenius said:

I think I accidentally ordered a second set of strike parts. I will definitely be selling them if I did... won't know for sure until the end of the week.

These are the Kickstarter ones, not the event-only ones (that come in three versions)?

I thought the crowd-funding toy was a baby blue that just looked a little washed out in the photos... turns out it's really lavender... huh.  Did we get Arcadia'ed again on color?

EDIT - looking at the crowdfunding campaign, purplish seems to be right.

Edited by jenius

On 5/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, jenius said:

I think I accidentally ordered a second set of strike parts. I will definitely be selling them if I did... won't know for sure until the end of the week.

Let us know when you find out. :D

I officially have two sets of strike parts. I think I ordered the crowd funding strike parts thinking the XI  Garland would just be too much... then went and ordered the XI Garland which comes with Strike Parts when my will was broken.. So, I just got a second box that looks to be the exact same strike parts that come with the XI Garland. Would have been cool if my mistake had at least netted me some other trim color on the standalone strike parts. 

Well I got brave enough that I actually transformed it. Proof:
Arcadia-Garland-XI-12.jpg

I also updated my original video review and fixed the couple issues that were pointed out here and included this toy so it's now better and more comrpehensive

The lack of instructions for the strike part coupled with the fact it's clear you actually have to remove parts from the toy to install them made me decide to take a break from these toys until I can find some more clear instructions that prove to me I'm doing things right. 

• 1 month later...

Here's Arcadia's list of display for the upcoming WonderFest 2019 Summer in July 28, 2019.

Macross:
- 1/60 SV-51y D.D. Ivanov Unit
- 1/60 VF-0D Shin Unit [Premium Finish]
- New item

Megazone 23
- 1/24 Proto-Garland (Diecast)
- 1/24 Hargan (Diecast)
- 1/24 Transporter

https://arcadia.ac/user_data/wf2019summer.php

34 minutes ago, jenius said:

Macross new item? Maybe some timing on the Megazone products.

There's the katakana that says 'Decomasu' ( コマス ) . So not sure what it is actually. But it's under the Macross list.

Patiently waiting on word of potential release dates for Megazone line up. Pretty much an instant buy line up with those 3 listed. There's another pair of Megazone 23 figures making an appearance at wonderfest again this year if anyone is attending. Proto garland and the gr2 in resin kit full transformable. I can't remember the scale at the minute but have the images.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

There's the katakana that says 'Decomasu' ( コマス ) . So not sure what it is actually. But it's under the Macross list.

https://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/05/01/jargon-in-the-figure-industry/

Kahotan's blog has some definitions for common industry jargon, including 'decomasu' decoration master (or what we like to call the painted prototype). Curious if this is just the painted prototype of the VF-0D that we've seen with some concrete release-related info or if it is a prototype of another figure that Arcadia has been working on?

9 hours ago, technoblue said:

https://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/05/01/jargon-in-the-figure-industry/

Kahotan's blog has some definitions for common industry jargon, including 'decomasu' decoration master (or what we like to call the painted prototype). Curious if this is just the painted prototype of the VF-0D that we've seen with some concrete release-related info or if it is a prototype of another figure that Arcadia has been working on?

Thanks technoblue for that insight. Yeah, it might be a painted PF VF-0D or entirely new painted prototype of upcoming product.

As far as the last line goes from their site, it says using Google Translate as:

"Other items and new products such as 'Decomasu' will be exhibited."

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks technoblue for that insight. Yeah, it might be a painted PF VF-0D or entirely new painted prototype of upcoming product.

As far as the last line goes from their site, it says using Google Translate as:

"Other items and new products such as 'Decomasu' will be exhibited."

Thanks, no3Ljm! The google translation makes it seem like Arcadia has more to show everyone. I hope that's true. Just two weeks to go to find out.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Thanks, no3Ljm! The google translation makes it seem like Arcadia has more to show everyone. I hope that's true. Just two weeks to go to find out.

You're welcome sir! If that's another VF-1 PF announcement, then that's another celebration for me -- money saved. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...