Consolidated Megazone 23 Toy/Model Thread for 2017-2018

RavenHawk

Been constantly refreshing Mr.k Twitter this month just on the off chance some news is available :D wonder if the Proto Garland is any closer but more so eager for the Hargan and Carrier :lol:

Seen these images also probably from the same posts as you RavenHawk.

D2qz2mNUkAAVgBC.jpeg

D2qz2mUVAAAzJav.jpeg

Nice find, daBlah!

Can anyone translate any of the text? I'm curious what they're from, since they look better than the typical deviantart fan stuff. I wonder if they're from one of the 3 Festival Times MZ23 books (been wanting to get my hands on them, but can't quite justify the costs of using an intermediary to get them through Yahoo Japan Auctions, on the occasions when they show up).

That is correct, the concept/design was featured in Festival Times and referred to as: Lost Possibility Megazone 23 – Special Contents: Concept of New Megazone. It's from c. 2008 and planning at the time: Keisuke Hirota and the mechanical design: R-AREA.

abc0527d95acca3f4f26d9d9f6a14029.jpg

It features:

The Crossline Garland (has wheels for feet)

Army Garland GR-II (featured in above post but in army green vs. traditional colors)

Strike Garland (blue and white version with armor parts)

Garland 1+1 (unique 2-seater garland)

Moto Flagger (an updated flagger that looks like a Madox-01 flying head that turns into a motorcycle)

Sport Garland (looks like a crotch-rocket, think Kawaskai Ninja meets MZ23)

Maneuver Slave B-Type (updated Hargun from pt. I)

Maneuver Slave A-Type (updated Hargun from pt. II)

Maneuver Slave C-Type (maybe updated Hargun pt. III ?)

Special Ghost Harland (highly stylized VF-27 lucifer-like: plane/quadruped/robot)

Mystery Garland (looks like a cross from Maximilian from Black Hole and a re-imagined cylon)

2 minutes ago, Bobby said:

That is correct, the concept/design was featured in Festival Times and referred to as: Lost Possibility Megazone 23 – Special Contents: Concept of New Megazone. It's from c. 2008 and planning at the time: Keisuke Hirota and the mechanical design: R-AREA.

abc0527d95acca3f4f26d9d9f6a14029.jpg

It features:

The Crossline Garland (has wheels for feet)

Army Garland GR-II (featured in above post but in army green vs. traditional colors)

Strike Garland (blue and white version with armor parts)

Garland 1+1 (unique 2-seater garland)

Moto Flagger (an updated flagger that looks like a Madox-01 flying head that turns into a motorcycle)

Sport Garland (looks like a crotch-rocket, think Kawaskai Ninja meets MZ23)

Maneuver Slave B-Type (updated Hargun from pt. I)

Maneuver Slave A-Type (updated Hargun from pt. II)

Maneuver Slave C-Type (maybe updated Hargun pt. III ?)

Special Ghost Harland (highly stylized VF-27 lucifer-like: plane/quadruped/robot)

Mystery Garland (looks like a cross from Maximilian from Black Hole and a re-imagined cylon)

Good to know those pics are from that. Thanks.

I've been trying to get my hands on this one, plus the two more after it (it was listed on the cover as Vol. 0, and I came across auctions for Vol. 1 and 2).

Yes, Volumes 0, 1, & 2 and as a fan I can highly recommend all three of them! That was a tremendous guess you made btw!

edit - after closer inspection the bike that daBlah posted is slightly different (way more pointier) than the way it is actually shown in Vol. 0

Edited by Bobby

3 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Yes, Volumes 0 - 3 and as a fan I can highly recommend all three of them! That was a tremendous guess you made btw!

Thanks! So, I guess I should just suck it up and pay the fees to get them through an agent.

Honestly, I don't know how else you'll come across them AND it be with a seller who's willing to ship international ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are some really cool lego builds (vol.2) and unique art in them I've never seen anywhere else (like Bahamote B.D Coffee Vending Machines - vol.1). Even one of our forum's VF-2SS gurus, SAVE, had an ad in one for his website otaku2.com (now defunct) in a fun, McDonalds-esque style, promoting a MegaMac 2 sandwich :D 

Edited by Bobby

8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I guess I should just suck it up and pay the fees to get them through an agent.

Just get 'em sent to me, RavenHawk.  I'd be happy to ship them to you at cost, just so I'd have a chance to look at them first.  ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

In the black& white, bottom panel. Looks like the mech BD flew off in at the end of MZ23 pt2 . It was also what his underling was piloting when they thought they finally captured the main character..I remember he used a laser sword to kill an invading “drone” as well and was ultimately killed in it. 

Top panel looks like concept art, as does the shiny cgi stuff.

Are they gonna reboot MG23??

Stylistically, it's definitely very reminiscent of the Festival Times books. Is this a new MZ23 manga, which is reprinting some of that work?

Super tempted to preorder it (assuming I'm reading the Google translation correctly).

21 hours ago, Bolt said:

Are they gonna reboot MG23??

It sounds like yes.. at least they’re trying to..:ph34r:

Apparntly the “Strike Garland” I posted above is from  the teaser. The production hasn’t really even started and it’s been talked about for a year. Doesn’t sound like anything new since it’s first been kicked around a year ago..we will see in August- October..no one hold their breadth...

Edited by Bolt

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I'm still waiting on my Arcadia crowd-funding Garland.

... and I'm still waiting to be incredibly envious, when you get it. :)

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Didn’t Arcadia release a new and improved Garland?

Yes, but if you contributed a certain amount for the MZ23 crowd funding campaign you got a special blue and white Garland.

I see you can buy the strike parts an event soon! 

"AKIHABARA HANGAR

【THE AKIHABARA CONTAiNER × #メガゾーン23 There is also a limited sale of strike parts that can only be obtained by crowdfunding only.

Please get it at this timing

period

May 11 (Sat)-May 22 (Wed) Details

(link: http://akihabara-container.jp/event/256/) akihabara-container.jp/event/256/

"

D6b6tELU0AAn8eA.jpeg

Just paid for my strike parts. Looks like they're selling it in two other flavors though? A kit version on the cheap, one version for the blue/white toy and then another version which has one yellow part and darker trim that will be a regular release maybe? If anyone has the scoop, let me know.

Edited by jenius

4 hours ago, jenius said:

A kit version on the cheap, one version for the blue/white toy and then another version which has one yellow part and darker trim that will be a regular release maybe?

According to the image posted above, jenius, the set on the left is intended for the regular Garland, and the set in the middle is intended for the blue/white release... and they're all event-only exclusives.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Now how to get my hands on one...

1 hour ago, daBlah! said:

Same... Been watching for auctions of them after the event only seen 2 items for sale from the event :sorry:

52 minutes ago, jenius said:

Well jeeze, I want a set for my regular release too :(

I posted the AmiAmi links for the exclusive white Garland and its Strike Parts on the Arcadia Garland thread back in 2017. Which is sad to say, besides that it's being expensive it's already sold out too.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-034794

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I posted the AmiAmi links for the exclusive white Garland and its Strike Parts on the Arcadia Garland thread back in 2017. Which is sad to say, besides that it's being expensive it's already sold out too.

Those I bought, but now there's an event exclusive strike set for the red Garland I want also.

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This new ones appear to be priced significantly below what AmiAmi was asking (which I simply couldn't justify spending at the time), which is why I'm being slightly optimistic on maybe getting my hands on one of the new sets. Then again, as a convention exclusive, they'll probably be tripled in price by the time they hit the secondary market, anyway.