Since I also made and painted the new Workroid legs (more curved) and I began to smooth the Cheyenne II, i had both out of the detolf so I decided to shoot side by side just to show off the slight but real differences between both designs. 

After much thoughts, I decided to redesign the complete shoulder articulations to reduce the number of articulation axis in order to drastically strengthen them. The posability should remain the same, I will probably test it with next order. 

IMG_5620.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5618.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Little preview of the work destroid (Fireman version). This assembly uses the double ball joint shoulder, which is working great with this version since the hands end are light and doesn't carry any weight compared to the armed versions.

Tomorrow I will have the tougher shoulder assembly on the bench test.

IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5786.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

IMG_5789.JPG

I am not particularly waiting a warmer/drier weather since I can spray indoor (with a lot of air flow for those wondering) and keep the paint to dry in a warm /dry place. I am waiting for the new replacement shoulder parts to arrive (together with the Speaker Pod hey:) so I can assemble them and have the whole destroid to be smoothed/primed and then painted.

I already choose the colors:
-Tamiya TS-46 Light Sand spray as a base color
-TS-42 Light Gun Metal for the metallic parts on the hands, feet and body
-bluish grey acrylic color for the rifle part of the hands
-off white acrylic color for the big laser guns

For primer and the base color, I just use the TS cans as is or lightly heated in hot water. For smaller details (metallic accents by example) I generally spray a small quantity of TS paint in a plastic bottle cap, so it can decant 3-4 min and I can brush paint it over the base color before it dries in the cap. I also use masking when necessary.
The acrylic colors are washed or brush painted. I don't have the required space to install an airbrush, I wish I had.

On 12/28/2017 at 1:21 PM, Xigfrid said:

Since I also made and painted the new Workroid legs (more curved) and I began to smooth the Cheyenne II, i had both out of the detolf so I decided to shoot side by side just to show off the slight but real differences between both designs. 

After much thoughts, I decided to redesign the complete shoulder articulations to reduce the number of articulation axis in order to drastically strengthen them. The posability should remain the same, I will probably test it with next order.    

Xigfrid, you rock, man !. Bandai, Arcadia, and Hasegawa should take notes from you !. Awesome work !.

• 4 weeks later...

I wished I had more time to spend on this one, unfortunately I have been busy with other projects and gathering more references from the delta scramble game. A few extracts show that you can actually play the Cheyenne II ! Exciting!

But it is still on the bench, don't worry :)

IMG_5791.PNG

IMG_5951.PNG

IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6325.JPG

IMG_6326.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Great job! I'd make it dirtier since it's a ground pounder. I'm waiting for the next promo to order more stuff like the speaker pods and work destroid parts.

I believe Shapeways used to have a 20% promo in March, but you still can grab 15% discount any time with "Extended print delay" (the function is quiet buggy, leave my a PM if it doesn't work). I also will order a second speaker pod for Arad's 31. God Arad is going to be expensive: Arad with Supers+ speaker pod and a second with Armor packs!

I also found some nice rubber tires to replace the standard wheels, I much prefer the feel of rubber tires particularly to make great poses on the glass shelves like in the Detolf.

7 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Awesome job, but -- this is not a jibe at your work -- I find the placement of the anti-personnel gatling gun absolutely hilarious.

That's why the Cheyenne is so manly! Joking of course, I believe this design would have never been approved with nowadays criteria.

On 27/02/2018 at 12:41 AM, MechTech said:

This came out great Xigfrid! Congrats! - MT

Hey thanks MechTech, but my customs can't be compared to yours.

22 hours ago, Tage said:

Xigfrid! Done it again! Amazing work mate. So so amazing. 

You know I am watching you and your VF-5000: go paint it already!

On 28/02/2018 at 9:01 AM, Xigfrid said:

You know I am watching you and your VF-5000: go paint it already!

Hah I will! The guys i'm printing it from had forgotten another couple small parts so i'm waiting on those again. 

Started work on my next project though while i wait for them, so keep an eye out for that ;-) 

But also Monster Hunter World is too good, i'm struggling to rip myself away haha.

Just came across this thread, wow is about all I can say.

I wish I had the 3d skills needed and I would have a way of making all the parts and figures I have always needed.

• 1 month later...