WIP: Alternate Weapons Pods for VF-31

Sanity is Optional

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

Thanks to Sanity is optional can offer you the missile POD for the DX VF-31 in resin with a price of $20 USD (without shipping)

the missiles can make in red, yellow or white  also if are looking for a specific color we can try to match it

if someone are interested send me a PM

Edited by valhary

@valhary was nice enough to send a sample my way, and I can confirm it ought to go together fairly well (once flash is trimmed, and the usual resin-related stuff).

Depending how careful you are with a drill, ought to be able to get the door hinges working using 0.5mm pins.

Here's some images of the sample he sent, fitted together after some basic trimming.

Spoiler

20190422_183759.thumb.jpg.6a01c1b845ab9bb9ca3044b28892876a.jpg20190422_183928.thumb.jpg.72e0dfb5a44135950eaf1f9628d2e02b.jpg20190422_184106.thumb.jpg.ae50ecd7ac34680d5b301568acff1ffc.jpg

11 hours ago, valhary said:

Hi everyone! 

Thanks to Sanity is optional can offer you the missile POD for the DX VF-31 in resin with a price of $20 USD (without shipping)

the missiles can make in red, yellow or white  also if are looking for a specific color we can try to match it

if someone are interested send me a PM

How much is international shipping? Got my locally printed copy. It's worse than the cheapest Shapeways. Cleaning it will take too much time. 

• 2 weeks later...

The description says this pod is equipped with a long time charging device that stores all the energy that is not consumed by the aircraft and the armor parts and converts it into plasma blasts. 

To me the one in the circle is able to make the larger “weed boom” big blasts and the two smaller canons make the “pew pew” rail gun like shoots. 

Edited by Xigfrid

19 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Sorry for the question but I tried to look online and struck out.  I know the other one goes pew pew but does anyone know what the circled one is?

It's a drone charger for remotely recharging the MDP-001W Cygnus drones used by Walküre.  http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/VF-31/VF-31.php#OFFENSIVE_SYSTEMS

In my RPG stats for it, I also gave it the capability of microwaving opponents (not that Walküre would do anything like that, as the equipment was designed to try to save people from Mal, not cook them! LOL)  Which is based on the gamma radiation attack from the searchlight on the SDR-04-Mk II Phalanx.  Which is actually a thing! :crazy:

2 hours ago, sketchley said:

It's a drone charger for remotely recharging the MDP-001W Cygnus drones used by Walküre.  http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/VF-31/VF-31.php#OFFENSIVE_SYSTEMS

In my RPG stats for it, I also gave it the capability of microwaving opponents (not that Walküre would do anything like that, as the equipment was designed to try to save people from Mal, not cook them! LOL)  Which is based on the gamma radiation attack from the searchlight on the SDR-04-Mk II Phalanx.  Which is actually a thing! :crazy:

No, it's not. The drone charger is on the pod used by Delta platoon.

The cannon pod pictured is used by the UN Spacey on Kairos units (not Siegfrid) that do not have drone launchers in the legs.

The whole point of making these alternate pods is because they don't have that ****ing drone charger.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

@sketchleyHe wants to know what the right side part of the bottom  pod does. Dunno if you guys got around with translations but would love to see your translation.71CskCW-nqL.jpg.a51946931f4f661123ff948199ab827d.jpg

This is from Xigfrid awhile back in this thread using Google Translate: 

How it works? It looks like these plasma canons have capacitors that are continuously charged during flight to allow the cannon to blast limited but powerful blasts. Here is the google translate:

”Continuous Beam Cannon Unit A charged particle beam cannon unit of dual specification that can be used as a turning turret. With a combination of turret and energy capacitor, with constant energy charge! Approximately 5 shots can be launched per gun barrel. Once equipped with a chemical laser cannon as an option of Superpack (Strike Pack), there was limitation of the gas capacity that could not be precision fire and electric power supply source, it was never easy to use equipment. This equipment for VF-31 /.0 has no high anti-ship capability like the old strike pack, but because it supplies energy from the body of the energy conversion armor which is not used, it can constantly charge it, There is sufficient effect for versus VF etc. The aim is arbitrary or ARIEL-111 automatic control of the pilot, but the rear seat personnel may operate”

4 hours ago, wmkjr said:

@sketchleyHe wants to know what the right side part of the bottom  pod does. Dunno if you guys got around with translations but would love to see your translation.

Ah... I got it.  I wasn't looking close enough at the pict, and I was assuming you guys wanted the official setting explanation (VFMF being not part of the official setting ;) ).

Regarding the picture, it's described as "Twin Beam Cannon Unit" (did Google really translate "Twin" as "Continuous"?! LOL)

It doesn't say anything about the right side (circled in the model picture above) part, and basically says it's like the Twin Beam Super Pack from the Strike Valkyrie.  From the description, I'd presume part of the thing on the right is a capacitor, but it just may merely be the housing for the twin beam barrels when the pod is stowed away.

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The whole point of making these alternate pods is because they don't have that ****ing drone charger.

What... you don't like the idea of being able to 'accidentally' irradiate your opponents?  :p

Here's the official description from the SDR-04-Mk II Phalanx: "In addition to illuminating approaching enemies for ease of targeting by the Destroid defence units of the SDF-1 Macross, the laser searchlight can be used to directly attack enemy pilots with radiation. As it is generally considered inhumane, it's use is highly frowned upon, and almost never used. The attack involves scorching the enemy fighter in the cockpit area with deadly gamma radiation."

As you can see, irradiation is merely "highly frowned upon" by Unified Forces' commanders.  ;)