WIP: Alternate Weapons Pods for VF-31

Sanity is Optional

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's some of the dumbest setting info I've read regarding macross.

Guess what space is full of? Gamma radiation.

Guess what spacecraft are shielded heavily against? Gamma radiation.

LOL.

I only translated it!

Though... as the targets were Zentradi battle pods, etc., it begs the question: were those Mobile Weapons adequately shielded against it?  They are cheap as chips, after all. ;)

Nah, EVERYTHING has to be shielded, space is chock-full of radiation, everywhere.

Our atmosphere is the only thing that's shielding us from it, and it's not perfect. Heck, you pick up a few X-rays of dose just taking a plane flight because the altitude is higher.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! Can I ask a big favor, and have you make some hardpoint brackets to fit on the “shields” of the VF-31 Super Parts?

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, we just need re-designed shields that include the rotation joint necessary to get the weapons facing forward.  The pylons should be mounted directly on the shields.  How Bandai managed to screw that up is just one more mystery for the ages. :p 

I kinda prefer the shields being clean, they look a LOT better without a bunch of holes front+center when I want to display without the reaction missiles (like on my 31J).

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, we just need re-designed shields that include the rotation joint necessary to get the weapons facing forward.  The pylons should be mounted directly on the shields.  How Bandai managed to screw that up is just one more mystery for the ages. :p 

Bandai always miss obvious details in favor of brilliant/excessively engineered gimmicks. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...