Tom Clancy's JACK RYAN on Amazon Prime Video

no3Ljm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B073RPZK88

Tom Clancy's JACK RYAN

When CIA analyst Jack Ryan stumbles upon a suspicious series of bank transfers his search for answers pulls him from the safety of his desk job and catapults him into a deadly game of cat and mouse throughout Europe and the Middle East, with a rising terrorist figurehead preparing for a massive attack against the US and her allies.

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan follows an up-and-coming CIA analyst thrust into a dangerous field assignment for the first time. The series follows Ryan as he uncovers a pattern in terrorist communication that launches him into the center of a dangerous gambit with a new breed of terrorism that threatens destruction on a global scale.

qjV6OaD.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

• 11 months later...

Finished it over this weekend. I love it. It's like I watched an 8 hour long movie. ^_^ 

Here's my only gripe. Beware that it might contain some spoiler. So click the tag at your own risk.

Spoiler

They've spent too much time setting up the bad guy's character in every episode to understand where he's from, and why he became like that only to be eliminated fast in the last episode. But overall, it was great.

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Finished it over this weekend. I love it. It's like I watched an 8 hour long movie. ^_^ 

Here's my only gripe. Beware that it might contain some spoiler. So click the tag at your own risk.

Hide contents

They've spent too much time setting up the bad guy's character in every episode to understand where he's from, and why he became like that only to be eliminated fast in the last episode. But overall, it was great.

I liked it as well, my biggest gripe:

Spoiler

The whole UAV operator story-line had zero impact on the rest of the series, unless I missed something.  IF I wanted to watch a movie/story about a UAV operator wrestling with the impact of his job I would watch Good Kill again.

58 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I liked it as well, my biggest gripe:

Reveal hidden contents

The whole UAV operator story-line had zero impact on the rest of the series, unless I missed something.  IF I wanted to watch a movie/story about a UAV operator wrestling with the impact of his job I would watch Good Kill again.

Spoiler

You're right. I forgot about that guy. If I forget about it, it means that there's no significance why they bothered adding him to the storyline. All the while I thought there will be a big impact on the story about him.

I viewed the drone pilot as them introducing us to part of the duo that Ryan always uses in the books; of course this is after he is CIA head honcho, and then POTUS.  I've only read the one book dealing with J. Ryan and he isn't actually in the book, but his dad is trying to track down a murderer in D.C. area; who eventually turns out to become part of Ryan's Dynamic Duo.  In the book, the character in question was a Vietnam Vet who then did Underwater Demo before "going off the deep end".   Don't know the backstory to the other part of the Duo used in the Ryan verse.  

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Really enjoyed this as well, and while I couldn't help but be reminded of Jack Bauer's 24, Jack Ryan managed to avoid falling into the more annoying tropes of 24. 

Would definitely check out any follow-up seasons.

-b.

Like getting kidnap twice in one night? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Really enjoyed this as well, and while I couldn't help but be reminded of Jack Bauer's 24, Jack Ryan managed to avoid falling into the more annoying tropes of 24. 

Would definitely check out any follow-up seasons.

-b.

Agreed. Good series overall. I'll watch more if they do more.