35 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

If it's supposed to be that big a plane, and it's only that big compared to 1/144 aircraft... I'm guessing it's around 1/400-1/500.

Aren't the Morgan and Raven already large for fighters? A typical modern fighter wingspan is ~10-13m so those look about right to be the same scale if the Raven's wingspan is ~13-15m.

I thought someone mentioned the Raven being the size of a B-52?  Maybe I misread, but that still sounds like it'll work out to a wingspan of something like 5-6 inches.  I don't know what the actual dimensions of the Morgan kit are, but I can't imagine it's that much bigger than the 1/144 VF-31s I have.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooh. Noticed in the announcement that its shape apparently hews closer to its AC3 design than AC Infinity.

"This product is not a 3D model reproduction of "ACE COMBAT INFINITY", but PROJECT ACES proposes a shape that is closer to the original impression of "ACE COMBAT 3 Electrosphere".

Therefore, the title of the source work of this product is not either of the two titles, but the notation "ACE COMBAT series"."

Also, down at the bottom is a preview of the CFA-44 Nosferatu.

If this is the best we'll ever get of these Strangereal planes, I'll gladly take them. But my hope springs eternal for 1/72 renditions...

Edited by kajnrig

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really an Project Aces game; I recently found "Operation Wingman" on the Xbox Gamepass.  It's a K.O. Aces game however, from mission briefings, right on down to controls. 21 campaign missions and 20+ planes; currently only made it to mission 4 and still flying an F4 (first real unlock).  It does not have the "high G" turns, still adjusting for strafing runs.  Where it does go away from Project Aces, is in Special Weapons and available slots, one is not simply limited to one special weapon but up to four, all equipped through the directional layout.  Overall its a solid B so far, graphics aren't as good and the story is generic but the gameplay if extremely familiar and while energy bleeding hasn't become an issue in the campaign I can see how it would greatly affect the multiplayer aspect of  the game.  Worth a try, since it's free with Gamepass.

8 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

Not really an Project Aces game; I recently found "Operation Wingman" on the Xbox Gamepass.  It's a K.O. Aces game however, from mission briefings, right on down to controls. 21 campaign missions and 20+ planes; currently only made it to mission 4 and still flying an F4 (first real unlock).  It does not have the "high G" turns, still adjusting for strafing runs.  Where it does go away from Project Aces, is in Special Weapons and available slots, one is not simply limited to one special weapon but up to four, all equipped through the directional layout.  Overall its a solid B so far, graphics aren't as good and the story is generic but the gameplay if extremely familiar and while energy bleeding hasn't become an issue in the campaign I can see how it would greatly affect the multiplayer aspect of  the game.  Worth a try, since it's free with Gamepass.

Operation Wingman is an indie game loveletter to Ace Combat that has been on PC for a while and recently got ported to Xbox. Not a terribly high budget creation, but as I understand they did a very good job within the limits of what they could do.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2022 at 1:58 PM, Chronocidal said:

Ugh, for crying out loud, can we just get something in 1/72, please?

I don't mind the quick little desktop builds, but these are painfully insubstantial for the price.

YES!!! 1000% 1/72 from Hasegawa or FineMolds please someone that's experienced with actual real world fighter jets please.

I keep forgetting that Hasegawa did do one of the unique AC designs from Infinity (and they obviously cranked out dozens of those Idolmaster schemes :p), so I don't know why they couldn't make some bigger kits.

Don't get me wrong, the Kotobukiya ones are great little kits with some nice options, but the small scale makes for some ugly compromises. (I'm looking at you, incorrectly-mounted Morgan sidewinders <_<)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been enjoying the Enhanced Gunplay mod recently, fixes a lot of issues with 7 like the lackluster enemy AI and weak weaponry (missiles follow a predictive path instead of chasing the tail, aircraft and AA guns use a tweaked raycast and more accurate to real life rate of fire, special weaponry launches based on pylon count instead of the artificial 2-4-6-8 salvo of the regular game)

Recommend it for anyone on PC whose gotten bored of the base game.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

AC7's flight action is fun but I skip through the story cut scenes as they are boring AF. Only gripe is I wished the controls were more configurable for game controllers.

Well it is called Strangereal afterall.  Be thankful you aren't hearing "Go dance with the angels!" over and over and over; do miss the allied attack/cover option that 6 provided however.

• 4 weeks later...