• 2 weeks later...

In preparation for the third and final DLC mission release, PA just released this in-universe magazine article on the Alicorn super submarine.

https://ace7.acecombat.jp/clm/column04.php

Translation by https://twitter.com/Task_Force23/status/1199200521535524864

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nlc1F4VkbF55k7hn3Amkm4kL__ZybGE0hLdK_BdbZec/edit

ac7frimg_01.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been lagging at this game, but this was a nice surprise; I was gonna buy all the dlc missions this afternoon when I saw that the PS Store had discounted the season pass by 50%. So for 12 bucks and some change I got all the skins, planes, and extra missions.  It looks to be part of a big summer sale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, bought the game on PC over the weekend because of this news. Been having a blast bringing my PC save up to par with PS4. Cheat Engine and easy-peasy mods make it that much more fun, too. Someone on Nexus Mods released a mod for the TLS that changes its behavior to more closely mimic its portrayal in AC5 and AC0, rendering the Falken et al completely broken in campaign mode.

There's even a mod by the same user to make all unlocked parts, including multiplayer-only ones, usable in campaign. No more Level 1 parts only.

Whoever that modder is, I'd love to learn how they bypassed the encryption on the game files to edit them. Imagine modding the ADFX-01 Morgan's burst missile to finally have the range and power that it should have.

Imagine then opening up Cheat Engine and giving yourself infinite ammo and zero reload time...

Unfortunately, those three missions we got on launch will be the only official VR missions for 7. That said, the DLC missions for 7 are far more interesting than the main campaign, which was a good return to form, but clearly rushed due to the rather insane development hell that hit the Project Aces team, so if you haven't got the game yet, I would recommend picking up any edition that has the DLC missions come included.

2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I'll probably have to dust this off and give it a go again.

I spent more time with the AC5 pre order bonus then I did with AC7

I mean.. I feel like that's a zero-brainer.  The -only- reason I considered pre-ordering was for that, but my PS2 copy still works.

That being said, the inevitability of this edition is why I never bought AC7 at all.  Though, I have to wonder how much other DLC won't be included in the "premium edition." <_< 

I don't see any more paid DLC being released for 7 after this. No doubt PA are already well into preproduction for AC8, and considering how small the studio is, they probably don't want to split the team's efforts between 8 and 7. Could be wrong though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm guessing it's 1/144 again?

Why can't people just make models big enough to see on a shelf? :huh: 

YES!!! !/72 Hasegawa please.

10 hours ago, electric indigo said:

I would be a little less annoyed if Koto wouldn't sell those at the price of 1/48 kits.

Yeah, the prices are actually obnoxious, which makes the small size that much more painful.

Comparatively, I can go pick up Bandai 1/144 Star Wars kits for single digit dollar amounts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Yo, that's a nice surprise. Isn't the X-49 big, too? Like nearly bomber size? Or maybe it just feels big.

Acepedia says:

The aircraft's specifications are as follows:

Width: 30.11m
Length: 17.20m
Height: 3.82m
Weight: 39,940 kg
Max Speed
Japanese Release: 5,068 km/h
International Release: 4,693 km/h

B-52 stats:

Length: 159 ft 4 in (48.5 m)
Wingspan: 185 ft 0 in (56.4 m)
Height: 40 ft 8 in (12.4 m)

Edited by slide

On 11/29/2020 at 3:41 AM, electric indigo said:

Here's a comparison shot:

VjPWFbe.jpg

Does anybody know the differences between the Infinity and the Electrosphere version?

Maybe the Infinity version comes with the story intact? :p 

If it's supposed to be that big a plane, and it's only that big compared to 1/144 aircraft... I'm guessing it's around 1/400-1/500.