Possible group buy/interest  list, Capt needs 30 kits for either the Auroran or Sparta. 

Spartas =  20

Auroran = 19

Both = 14

1. Major Focker - Spartas
2. Convectuoso -  Auroran and Spartas
3. CoryHolmes - Auroran and Spartas
4. 505thAirborne - Auroran and Spartas
5. derex3592 - Spartas
6. Hiriyu - Auroran
7. DarkArchon3000 - Auroran
8. gingaio - Spartas
9. Ignacio Ocamica - Auroran and Spartas
10. MILKAUTICO - Auroran
11. Mechapilot77 - Spartas
12. Jorawar_b - Auroran and Spartas

13. Enphily - Auroran and Spartas
14. rksc- Auroran and Spartas
15. Seto Kaiba - Auroran
16. Major Tom - Auroran
17. Lorindor - Auroran and Spartas
18. Tekering - Auroran and Spartas
19. Lord Uglor - Spartas

20. Rogueload - Auroran and Spartas
21.  Podtastic - Auroran and Spartas
22. Sandman - Auroran or Spartas

23. Tober - Auroran  and Spartas
24. Jetjocky - Spartas
25. Treiz - Auroran and Spartas

VHT-1-Spartas-Veritech-Hover-Tank-5.jpg

VHT-1-Spartas-Veritech-Hover-Tank-12.jpg

VHT-1-Spartas-Veritech-Hover-Tank-86.jpg

VHT-1-Spartas-Veritech-Hover-Tank-93.jpg

AGACGuy2.jpg

super_agacs_by_yui1107-da71j5c.png

10bb44d7696ff202.jpg

Ajax3DRender02_zpsf4d6a7a9.jpg

Ajax3DRender01_zpsdda38824.jpg

Ajax3DRender04_zpsf2743b97.jpg

Ajax3DRender05_zps29812f5c.jpg

post-26-1101785930_thumb.jpg

post-26-1103581443_thumb.jpg

post-26-1103581488_thumb.jpg

post-26-1103581598_thumb.jpg

post-26-1103581670_thumb.jpg

robotech___first_meeting_by_leelf-dav7sus.jpg

super_ajacs_front%20.jpg

super_ajacs_top2.jpg

Edited by jorawar_b
Update

7 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Wouldn't this belong in the Anime/Sci-Fi section? I don't remember this in Macross... Maybe it's time for another rewatch.

it was in the robotech masters/southerncross series right after macross/robotech

31027094271_3bf28c56fa_b.jpg

Edited by jorawar_b

1 minute ago, jorawar_b said:

it was in the robotech masters/southerncross series right after macross/robotech

That ain't part of Macross, friend... Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross is a completely different show that is unrelated to Macross except in that the two shows had the same sponsor and were both at least partly animated by Tatsunoko Production.  It was an absolute, unqualified disaster in Japan and was canceled for low ratings a little over half of the way through its planned broadcast run.

3 minutes ago, jorawar_b said:

maybe someone will 3d print one a non variable just in case a variable is not feasible to make.

Oh, it'd have to be fanmade... the Southern Cross series is a forgotten flop in Japan, and for The Show That Must Not Be Named Toynami has said they have no interest in pursuing a license to make Southern Cross toys because the American adaptation is almost as unpopular in the west as the original was in Japan.

1 hour ago, captain america said:

The Auroran and Spartas are both great designs. I'm contemplated whether I should dip my toe back into the sculpting arena.

I will gladly sell my brother's left kidney for a Cap'n designed Hovertank or Hovercopter mecha :)  (not my kidney's though, they're important to me).

In that vein: Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please!!!!!!!!

10/10 would buy both mecha.

Captain America, if and I do mean if you said what the hell I'll go ahead and make for the first time ever a properly made & proportioned Sparta & Auroan in 1/48 scale, we'll have to change the old thread entitled "No love for Southern Cross" to "Southern Cross is Back!". Lots of Hovertank fans out there! 

I would love to see your take on both designs and then my wallet will slap me for buying them! :p

2 hours ago, captain america said:

The Auroran and Spartas are both great designs. I'm contemplated whether I should dip my toe back into the sculpting arena.

A non variable kit (a variable might not be possible to build  or expensive) in 1/48 or 1/32?  I hope you do make all three I would be in on the group buy if there was one.

Edited by jorawar_b

4 hours ago, jorawar_b said:

A non variable kit (a variable might not be possible to build  or expensive) in 1/48 or 1/32?  I hope you do make all three I would be in on the group buy if there was one.

That brings me to the crux of the Auroran issue: I've never seen (published or otherwise) any diagrams of just how it transforms. The Spartas on the other hand, is relatively simple.

35 minutes ago, Hiriyu said:

I trust Toynami about as far as I can throw an Eldorado, but heck yeah. Bring on the Auroran.

Toynami's not making one... they've gone on the record to say they have no interest in Southern Cross because they don't think there's enough interest to guarantee a decent return on investment.

1 hour ago, gingaio said:

Design looks cool, but a helicopter in space always struck me as...dumb? 

The Hovertank, on the other hand...a modern version of that toy would be a dream come true. 

One of the good things about the new Robotech RPG is it filled in little gaps like that.  In this case, it was a joint mecha between the TASC space forces and the TC air forces.  Kind of like the F-35, one mecha to streamline parts commonality and ease manufacture.  It also leads to the silly concept of a helicopter mode on a spacecraft, but it's hardly the worst offender when it comes to anime mecha :)

12 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how the transformation is depicted in the series:

An unmitigated partsformer.  <_<

With swingbars! I mean, if that is partsforming, than the old 1/55 Valkyrie is a partsformer.

Honestly, it looks like a design that was INTENDED to become a toy. There's actual concern for real-world engineering present in the design, and animation of features that make sense for a toy but not an anime robot. I mean, the thing is ugly, but let's be fair here.

Also, YouTube has an updated version of that 3D-modelled transformation.  Says WIP03 instead of WIP01.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkRgXjyt3-Q

13 hours ago, gingaio said:

Design looks cool, but a helicopter in space always struck me as...dumb? 

The Hovertank, on the other hand...a modern version of that toy would be a dream come true. 

If you think about the "tank" it's similarly dumb... exposed driver and all. The space variant at least solves that. 

15 hours ago, jenius said:

If you think about the "tank" it's similarly dumb... exposed driver and all. The space variant at least solves that. 

If you think about it the "transforming robot" is dumb. So let's not think about it. Space helicopter is an awesome idea. So is robot hovertank.

20 hours ago, Lorindor said:

The helicopter mode wasn't used in space. That mode was never even seen in the show, except briefly mid-transformation.

Correct, sir.

Like the Spartas, the Auroran is technically a triple-changer which has a spacecraft mode and that's what I remember most. Once I get past the 1/48 Gamo, I'd be game to tackle something like this, but it's a complex design and I'll easily need 30 orders to cover my time/labor.

2232b83f69875769.jpg