I heard the movie would be screened in France and Italy within this year, and it's so earlier than in Japan.

We have to wait until the next year.

I envy the fans in Europe...

• 4 weeks later...

It's been sold out for me since you posted the link Noel. Maybe Sebastian scored one during those short periods where hlj reopens the preorders?

I preordered mine at Amiami, don't want to miss this beauty and end up empty handed.

29 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It's been sold out for me since you posted the link Noel. Maybe Sebastian scored one during those short periods where hlj reopens the preorders?

I preordered mine at Amiami, don't want to miss this beauty and end up empty handed.

Cool! Congrats Ignacio. ;) Btw, you're going to get DX Kairos too?

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool! Congrats Ignacio. ;) Btw, you're going to get DX Kairos too?

Yes the Kairos is definitely on my preorder list. I also have M&M's on preorder, Stick's cyclone from Sentinel, the new Garland from Arcadia, the Legioss from ET and next week I should be receiving the MG RX-171 Hazel from Anime Export.

My wallet hates me.

• 5 weeks later...

I watched it friday night and i really did not like it. It basically goes against everything i loved from the Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger Unverse.

Very unbalanced movie, a lot of narration during the first half and a lot of action in the second part. The story seems to be slightly inspired from the new shin mazinger zero manga but the concepts in the movie are way too compicated to be explained clearly in 95 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Vortech said:

By god, this was a horrible movie, I watched it for free in theaters, but even watching it for free I felt like it was a rip off, as it stole 2 hours from my life. 

Glad I didn't buy the MB either, as the movie killed Mazinger for me.

In my toy collecting experience, you don't need to hate the toy just because the source is not good. Even if I didn't follow the overall Mazinger Z experience after the 70's, I still appreciate the modernized design of the Metal Build release. The only reason I didn't bought one is because, I'm trying to streamline my collection. If I have extra budget, I would love to get one and the Infinity if ever that one gets made. Why not, right? It looks cool. And just so you know, I didn't enjoy Macross Delta, but here I am buying DX Valkyries from that series. And still looking forward to what's going to get released from the compilation movie. Just my 2 cents on toy experience versus source experience. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

58 minutes ago, Vortech said:

By god, this was a horrible movie, I watched it for free in theaters, but even watching it for free I felt like it was a rip off, as it stole 2 hours from my life. 

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

In my toy collecting experience, you don't need to hate the toy just because the source is not good. Even if I didn't follow the overall Mazinger Z experience after the 70's, I still appreciate the modernized design of the Metal Build release. The only reason I didn't bought one is because, I'm trying to streamline my collection. If I have extra budget, I would love to get one and the Infinity if ever that one gets made. Why not, right? It looks cool. And just so you know, I didn't enjoy Macross Delta, but here I am buying DX Valkyries from that series. And still looking forward to what's going to get released from the compilation movie. Just my 2 cents on toy experience versus source experience. ^_^ 

So Vortech, not taking anything away from your experience - you're perfectly entitled to like or dislike what you want. I haven't seen it, probably won't see it so I have no opinion on the movie itself. :)

I have to agree with Noel on this point, I haven't seen one full episode Delta but I love the Valkyrie designs (the 31) and I have fond memories of watching Mazinger as a VERY young kid here in the States and I like the MB design so I'm picking up a couple of them.

So much of my collection is based on "this looks cool to me" all the while I've not watched one episode of Gundam, Delta, this show, that show or the other one.

-b.

1 hour ago, Vortech said:

We might be in the minority but I didnt like it either. I almost fell asleep during the first half :lol: 

I think im still buying the Metal build, just waiting on reviews to see how it scales with Riobot Mazinkaiser. 

8 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So Vortech, not taking anything away from your experience - you're perfectly entitled to like or dislike what you want. I haven't seen it, probably won't see it so I have no opinion on the movie itself. :)

I have to agree with Noel on this point, I haven't seen one full episode Delta but I love the Valkyrie designs (the 31) and I have fond memories of watching Mazinger as a VERY young kid here in the States and I like the MB design so I'm picking up a couple of them.

So much of my collection is based on "this looks cool to me" all the while I've not watched one episode of Gundam, Delta, this show, that show or the other one.

-b.

Everyone has their own methods of collecting, and I'm not knocking how anyone collects.  I personally need a connection with things I collect.  Just gave my 2 cents on the movie.  I was always on the fence with the Mazinger MB, as it doesn't really fit my collection, and the common problem of every collector being space.  Kinda wanted it for MB completionist sakes, but again the movie killed Mazinger for me.  Delta wasn't that bad, and had its memorable moments.  I'd rate Delta as a 4 out of 10, the Mazinger movie would drop into the negatives.  Literally one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life, and I consider myself to be a movie buff. 

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

We might be in the minority but I didnt like it either. I almost fell asleep during the first half :lol: 

I think im still buying the Metal build, just waiting on reviews to see how it scales with Riobot Mazinkaiser. 

Yeah that was a tough movie to stay awake in.  I had to fight the Z monster in the 3rd qtr of the movie.  The movie felt like it was 4 episodes that played back to back with the intros and ending themes cut.  The sound was off a bit too, the characters voices were all too loud, it sounded like they were yelling at the top of their lungs the whole movie, but that could have been attributed to the theater.  

I thought the Mazinger body missile scenes would be more dramatic a la the Metal build promo pics, but nope. 

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here Noel, but I watched the movie and I liked it. Hadn't seen anything Mazinger Z related in 30 years, since I was ten. The movie was ok, not the end of all be but not the worst movie either. It might help that I'm not a harcore fan. 

Loved the MB the moment I saw it. It's a great modern representation IMO. I have a preorder with AmiAmi so I'm very excited with this release.