Shoji Kawamori at AsiaPOP Comicon Manila -- August 27, 2017

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.

Sorry if I just got back after a very long time, and a bit too late to post, but this weekend, and especially this Sunday, we'll be having none other than Shoji Kawamori at APCC right in Manila; he'll be holding a workshop and Q&A starting at 2:00pm Manila Standard Time, and as an aside there's also a small exhibit featuring some of his work. :)

https://www.facebook.com/apccmanila/

20882849_1205195439585122_4449783863928576897_n.jpg

Edited by soul.assassin
Adjustments

IMG_5005.thumb.PNG.44b24f993b9a445d7e1bd8614dd314fa.PNG

Pic from facebook.  Prices in pesos for Kawamori's autograph.  Congrats to anyone who met him and got his autograph there.  It truly is an awesome experience.  Meeting him in person, getting his autograph on one of my favorite Max Valks, and attending his panel with my wife at AX was amazing.

I was able to attend and meet him today. I had my VF-1J chunky monkey re-issue and Perfect Memory signed. It was amazing to meet him in person. He was very nice and accomodating to fans. A lot of fellow fans brought a lot of their Macross stuff and his other works to be signed. Met a lot of other fans as well while in the queue.

If you're in the Philippines do try to go and meet him. Talked to some of the convention staff and they said he'll be at the Walk of Fame before and after his talk at 2pm tom Sun.

IMG_3517.JPG

Glad to meet him 3 decades after watching the original series. Dayum, the greatest honor one can get in this lifetime. :D

Actually he's present throughout the whole weekend for the signing sessions, but the better icing on the cake was the symposium.

IMG_20170827_223310 (1).jpg

IMG_20170827_223333 (1).jpg

Edited by soul.assassin
addendum

Very envious too. And I was disappointed his attendance was known like less than 2 months before the event. I don't live in the capital so attending events like this needs planning. I hope he comes next year to the Philippines again (or maybe Singapore?).

It truly was an awesome experience. His one-hour talk about his and Macross history was very enlightening. For me I had my Yamato VF-1J Hikaru signed, my Macross Frontier, and a postcard that they gave away for free. Best thing was I had a Gerwalk artwork done, and he forgot to fold the backpack. He then told me that artwork is now one of its kind in the world because of that mistake.

It was also humbling that he asked to take a photo with me after I gave him a gift, which was a small photo of my VF-1S and Minmay with some minor photo editing on the LED monitor background.