What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

7 hours ago, Big s said:

How stable does it feel? Do the joints feel like they hold the weight well or is a stand something to consider?

Very stable, easy to balance.  A stand is only necessary for dynamic poses (which is what it's designed for).

flight.jpg.3508684129f19d3df453c404b3f80fa2.jpg

7 hours ago, Big s said:

I noticed that the included decal sheet seems to have quite a bit of little Zentraedi language decals. Is there a guide to which ones to properly use together?

The instructions include a detailed marking guide, and even explains what the markings represent (in Japanese, at least).

markings.jpg.e6a4c9e78f81e09d6242d0427f63992c.jpg

I was surprised to see the Roman alphabet represented...!

alphabet.jpg.c5f167f9d4e1bf27cec5d7a7c8d00433.jpg

7 hours ago, Big s said:

it looks like there are clear parts for the smaller sensors on the body but no explanation that they show on how those attach. The body looks like those are just molded in the plastic. Do they jut glue on top?

You'd have to drill holes if you wanted to mount those parts.  I'm more likely to use them on my ol' Bandai Regults, I think.

35 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Is it white like that to the naked eye?

Yes, the plastic is a clean, bright white... but being a model kit, you're expected to paint it. 😝

2 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

It looks like the Hasegawa is too small - much like the Bandai. 

Depends on what you're displaying them with! 😅

shot.jpg.d7d125a8a3bdbe8a3bb87e28941ee8b6.jpg

Zentraedi scale is a very subjective thing. ;)

Thanks tekering for answering all my questions. It seems weird that they have it where the holes have to be drilled for those sensors instead of having a simple attachment like a peg hole since those clear parts are included. And that’s an interesting guide for the markings. And I’m glad to hear it’s nice and stable.

Here’s hoping for more Zentraedi kits in the near future 

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Very stable, easy to balance.  A stand is only necessary for dynamic poses (which is what it's designed for).

flight.jpg.3508684129f19d3df453c404b3f80fa2.jpg

The instructions include a detailed marking guide, and even explains what the markings represent (in Japanese, at least).

markings.jpg.e6a4c9e78f81e09d6242d0427f63992c.jpg

I was surprised to see the Roman alphabet represented...!

alphabet.jpg.c5f167f9d4e1bf27cec5d7a7c8d00433.jpg

You'd have to drill holes if you wanted to mount those parts.  I'm more likely to use them on my ol' Bandai Regults, I think.

Yes, the plastic is a clean, bright white... but being a model kit, you're expected to paint it. 😝

Depends on what you're displaying them with! 😅

shot.jpg.d7d125a8a3bdbe8a3bb87e28941ee8b6.jpg

Zentraedi scale is a very subjective thing. ;)

I imagine the Hasegawa will be smaller than the Moscato version..

3 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Saw that a few weeks ago. Great effect .

6 hours ago, Big s said:

Thanks tekering for answering all my questions. It seems weird that they have it where the holes have to be drilled for those sensors instead of having a simple attachment like a peg hole since those clear parts are included. And that’s an interesting guide for the markings. And I’m glad to hear it’s nice and stable.

Here’s hoping for more Zentraedi kits in the near future 

Probably done because that future variants don't need these sensors.  It is similar to what Hasegawa does on aircraft models for ordinance pylons.  You need to drill out the holes to mount the pylons, otherwise, you have a nice, clean surface for an unarmed aircraft.

The sensors are not in the way of the missile and light missile types. Those would just replace the rear top guns and  those appear to be made to be removed and easily replaced. I think the scout would probably be replacing quite a bit of the body armor anyway. I have to check out more pictures of the scout to be sure, but those are really the only variations 

So after checking some images it appears that they could probably reuse the back armor plate and that has four of those sensors that are on the standard one, and the front looks like it would take a few redesigned parts and the side thruster housing has a couple antennas that the standard doesn’t have. Anyway the variation is so drastic in the front that it doesn’t look like it would even use the sensor spots from original 

Got my regult in a bit early. Just had to open that box and pull out the runners to take a look. Lot of work ahead to get rid of the seams, but at least it has very few parts with mold lines. And another thing is that it’s been a long time since I’ve done a hasegawa kit and I forgot how shallow the panel lines are. I’m probably gonna have to carve them a bit deeper since their so faint, I’m worried that after primer, paint, gloss, decals and top coat they will just disappear before even getting to the weathering.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

Got my regult in a bit early. Just had to open that box and pull out the runners to take a look. Lot of work ahead to get rid of the seams, but at least it has very few parts with mold lines. And another thing is that it’s been a long time since I’ve done a hasegawa kit and I forgot how shallow the panel lines are. I’m probably gonna have to carve them a bit deeper since their so faint, I’m worried that after primer, paint, gloss, decals and top coat they will just disappear before even getting to the weathering.

Yeah; Hasegawa's stuff seems to have a lot of faint panel lines. it doesn't take a lot to obliterate them.

I’m gonna probably drill those holes for the sensors instead of painting them, but I’m actually more worried about doing the penal line work. I guess over the years I’ve gotten to used to Bandai and wave overly thick panels. It’s like one extreme to another 

5 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Regult reinforcements have arrived. Such a pity I never got my 20 oversized rightsized Gurabs to deploy them against.

20220302_165602.jpg.cba52cb652b5254768b582ea8eab7540.jpg

That's a lot of work amigo! You'll be a pro after that batch 👍🏼

This seam looks tricky. I can't imagine cleaning this up as many times as @Podtastic will have to. Plus, all the other seams on the legs look time consuming too. 

I've got two on the way from hlj and will put them at the top of the pile. Can't wait to compare this to the Capn's version of the Regult. 

FTW.jpg.174ccc1a9d2cc8f475949157a9c56465.jpg.b4291fe7add3e736fdb69e22b74e0668.jpg

7 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Regult reinforcements have arrived. Such a pity I never got my 20 oversized rightsized Gurabs to deploy them against.

20220302_165602.jpg.cba52cb652b5254768b582ea8eab7540.jpg

Nice!! You'll have one very impressive Regult collection/display when you're finished! 

Post some WIP pics as things progress. B))👍

My recently acquired Scout Regult from Moscato has cooled me off from the Hasegawa (for now) . Plus I still need to build my Moscato Nousjadeul-Ger and Glaug 😅

But how about a Queadluun  Rau Hasegawa..? 🤩

2 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

This seam looks tricky. I can't imagine cleaning this up as many times as @Podtastic will have to. Plus, all the other seams on the legs look time consuming too. 

I've got two on the way from hlj and will put them at the top of the pile. Can't wait to compare this to the Capn's version of the Regult. 

FTW.jpg.174ccc1a9d2cc8f475949157a9c56465.jpg.b4291fe7add3e736fdb69e22b74e0668.jpg

Definitely a lot of seams, luckily most are just straight lines, so there’s not as many complications on those. The waist joint that the hips attach to have a couple of those shallow panels running across them. I decided to try to mark them with a panel line gundam marker as a bit of a guide to help scribe them a bit deeper and the marker is too thick to even stay in the lines. I think I’ll start posting stuff in the workbench section 

25 minutes ago, Big s said:

Definitely a lot of seams, luckily most are just straight lines, so there’s not as many complications on those. The waist joint that the hips attach to have a couple of those shallow panels running across them. I decided to try to mark them with a panel line gundam marker as a bit of a guide to help scribe them a bit deeper and the marker is too thick to even stay in the lines. I think I’ll start posting stuff in the workbench section 

To be fair, Gundam Markers are ridiculously thick.

30 minutes ago, Big s said:

In Japan, there are quite a few people who use 0.3 mm mechanical pencils for panel lining.  Maybe a similar sized art pen might work?

If you don't have either, what about trying with a regular (0.5 mm) mechanical pencil?  Worse comes to worse, you can erase it.

Edited by sketchley

3 minutes ago, sketchley said:

In Japan, there are quite a few people who use 0.3 mm mechanical pencils for panel lining.  Maybe a similar sized art pen might work?

If you don't have either, what about trying with a regular (0.5 mm) mechanical pencil?  Worse comes to worse, you can erase it.

Our very own @Lolicon is using Pencil and/or Flory Model Panel Wash for panel lining.

VF-31J panels 01.jpg

3 hours ago, sketchley said:

It’s not really that big an issue, I was really just setting up a guide line. I can just wipe away the scribble. I honestly don’t use them, just got one in as a bonus from some orders recently from USA gundam store. I was was just having a tough time staying in those thin lines. It looked like a preschool kid trying to color by numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, Podtastic said:

Nice! I preordered three of them from HLJ but haven’t had them shipped yet because I’m debating purchasing a couple more. It’s always a tradeoff, wondering how much another kit will add to the shipping cost. I may just hold off in case they announce the missile variants in the near future.

6 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

Nice! I preordered three of them from HLJ but haven’t had them shipped yet because I’m debating purchasing a couple more. It’s always a tradeoff, wondering how much another kit will add to the shipping cost. I may just hold off in case they announce the missile variants in the near future.

The cool thing about getting multiples is that they gave enough marking decals for an army

11 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

That would be a pleasant surprise. Be cool if it coincides with the Riobot Houquet release.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised at all. They just have to replace the rear gun attachments for the missiles. The scout version would be more of a surprise though. On that they’d have to do a lot of changes to the upper body, but I kinda wonder if the kit was designed with that in mind. If I remember the leg and gun parts were on separate runners than the body, so swapping in new ones for new parts might not be difficult