What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

Would be neat of them to just drop a finely details VF-27 out of nowhere.

Otherwise it's looking like gluing my Bandai kit into a static, solid brick is inevitable due to ABS joints aging. Redoing all the surface detail to cover up the gimmick gaps and oversized panel lines is not something I'm looking forward to...

1 hour ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Otherwise it's looking like gluing my Bandai kit into a static, solid brick is inevitable due to ABS joints aging. Redoing all the surface detail to cover up the gimmick gaps and oversized panel lines is not something I'm looking forward to...

I'd buy that!!

On 12/3/2022 at 11:31 AM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

And can we get a YF-29 and YF-30 too, please.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:31 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

VF-27 would be awesome!

@KOG Water Dragon 

A YF-30 wouldn't be that far off, as they could reuse parts of the VF-31 Kairos. Speaking of which ... A VF-31AX would be possible, as there is only little re-tooling needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, Urashiman said:

VF-27 would be awesome!

@KOG Water Dragon 

A YF-30 wouldn't be that far off, as they could reuse parts of the VF-31 Kairos. Speaking of which ... A VF-31AX would be possible, as there is only little re-tooling needed.

There's way too many differences between the YF-30 and VF-31 for Hasegawa to be able to re-use pretty much any part of the VF-31, other than *possibly* the "feet". And while I'd have to study the layout of the runners in detail to be sure, I do know that the VF-31AX would require at least a new forward fuselage, canopy, outer wings, and weapons pod, possibly more. Which leaves basically just the legs and the central fuselage/inner wing assembly. 

(Please take a good look at Anymoon.com's comparisons of the YF-30 and the VF-31, while the two have similar layouts, none of the *details* are the same shape). 

Attempting to reuse parts where they really shouldn't have is how Hasegawa ended up screwing up the TV-versions of their 1/4000 SDF-1 - the TV version has a concave undercut on the bottom of the main gun booms that's very prominent, but it's missing on the model because Hasegawa tried to re-use that subassembly from the DYRL version of the kit, and the DYRL version of the SDF-1 didn't have that undercut.

• 2 weeks later...

No new Macross kits in March, but they are repopping some 1/48s

1/48 YF-19 http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/mc01/
1/48 Super VF-1 Max/Milia colors http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65827-3/
1/48 VF-1 photoetch http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65793/

But in non-Macross news, they're doing a 1/72, full action Xabungle which might be a good indication of how any future all new tooling battroids kits from them might work

On 1/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

No new Macross kits in March, but they are repopping some 1/48s

1/48 YF-19 http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/mc01/
1/48 Super VF-1 Max/Milia colors http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65827-3/
1/48 VF-1 photoetch http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65793/

But in non-Macross news, they're doing a 1/72, full action Xabungle which might be a good indication of how any future all new tooling battroids kits from them might work

YES!  Finally they are re-releasing the photo-etch for the VF-1 1/48!  Those are going for stupid prices on the auction sites.  Need about 3 or 4 of them.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TommyWMan said:

How long has it been since Hasegawa has done a new fighter mode mold? Would love to see a 1/48 YF-21 or a Chronos.

Honestly couldn't say. It's been some time since they've done a "new fighter mold" , rather than a repaint with different decals. Since Macross isn't, by far, their only game in town, they seem content to make us wait. I'm not even sure they still hold a Macross Plus license (M7..?). Let alone , have acquired the Macross 30 license.🤷

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I'd LOVE to see them tackle some of the lesser known stuff -- Cat's Eye??? / Star Goose??? - Maybe even Zent Capital Ships???  Prob won't ever happen, but it's nice to dream...

Yes ! Lol. This thread is mostly a wish list ! 😅

Edited by Bolt

If we're getting all wishlisty....

1/72 YF-24 fighter

1/72 YF-29 fighter

1/72 YF-30 fighter

1/72 VF-2SS fighter

1/72 VF-171 fighter (yes yes I know Wave has one)

1/72 VF-27 fighter

1/72 VF-1D battroid

1/72 YF-19 battroid

1/72 YF-21 battroid

1/48 VF-1D fighter

1/48 VE-1 fighter

1/48 VT-1 fighter

1/48 YF-21 fighter

1/48 VF-11 fighter

1/72 Destroid Spartan

1/72 Glaug

1 hour ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

I’m simple. I’d like to have a 1/48 VF-1D fighter and a 1/72 VF-1D Battroid.

That would be a new mold, for sure. 

7 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

They came out with the VF-31 and SV-262 molds just a few years ago. And the -25 either a bit before or a bit after that. I'm still hoping for an Armored/Tornado kit of that.

Armored Tornado would be cool. I believe Bandai did one. 

6 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

If we're getting all wishlisty....

1/72 YF-24 fighter

1/72 YF-29 fighter

1/72 YF-30 fighter

1/72 VF-2SS fighter

1/72 VF-171 fighter (yes yes I know Wave has one)

1/72 VF-27 fighter

1/72 VF-1D battroid

1/72 YF-19 battroid

1/72 YF-21 battroid

1/48 VF-1D fighter

1/48 VE-1 fighter

1/48 VT-1 fighter

1/48 YF-21 fighter

1/48 VF-11 fighter

1/72 Destroid Spartan

1/72 Glaug

Oh please, don't hold back.! 😜

28 minutes ago, Bolt said:

That would be a new mold, for sure. 

Armored Tornado would be cool. I believe Bandai did one. 

Oh please, don't hold back.! 😜

Hasegawa managed to do VF-1D for 1/72 fighter and 1/72 gerwalk, so I don't think it's too outrageous to think they could do a 1/72 battroid. I'm not sure if it's popular enough to justify a 1/48... but it IS pretty popular right? What Macross fan doesn't know the scene it comes from?

And er.... I WAS holding back. 🤣

5 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Hasegawa managed to do VF-1D for 1/72 fighter and 1/72 gerwalk, so I don't think it's too outrageous to think they could do a 1/72 battroid. I'm not sure if it's popular enough to justify a 1/48... but it IS pretty popular right? What Macross fan doesn't know the scene it comes from?

And er.... I WAS holding back. 🤣

1/48 VF-1D would be great. And certainly cheaper and more customizable than the Bandai toy. Still, it would be a new mold. Same for the 1/72 version batroid, Its a different chest piece, as well as  canopy and head. Even so, I'm actually surprised Hase hasn't done these yet

On 1/26/2023 at 3:48 PM, Bolt said:

1/48 VF-1D would be great. And certainly cheaper and more customizable than the Bandai toy. Still, it would be a new mold. Same for the 1/72 version batroid, Its a different chest piece, as well as  canopy and head. Even so, I'm actually surprised Hase hasn't done these yet

I think when campaigning for a new model, it’s worth distinguishing between a completely new mold and tooling a few additional parts for a new variation. If you look at the 1/72 VF-1D, I think the fighter version involves about 30 additional parts on two sprues (one solid and one clear), plus decals, of course. Looking at the images here, you can see what was added to the 1/72 kit in the parts diagram from the instructions:

Hasegawa VF-1D

While that’s obviously additional cost, it’s more affordable than tooling a completely new model. It seems like a reasonable investment to offer a new 1/48 fighter variant. I’d like to have the VT-1 and VE-1 in 1/48 also, but those would be completely new models with the addition of the Super parts, which are unique to each of those variants.