What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Wait, the variants of the original armored VF-1 come with better hands???

So I need to buy a spare copy of one of the new ones to donate hands to my original armored VF-1?

I honestly don't know. The original Armored VF-1 kit came with both the original VF-1 Battroid hands and a set of original Armored VF-1 hands. On second glance, these appear to either be taken from MG 1/100 Gundam kits (MG Sinanju? Sazabi?) or other third-party articulated hands (like these Hobby Base ones).

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 10:03 AM, KOG Water Dragon said:

So I need to buy a spare copy of one of the new ones to donate hands to my original armored VF-1?

Above photo came from an article of a finished model from a hobby magazine. I'd compared the instruction sheet for both kits at Hobby Search, the hands are and feet are not new parts. 

On 10/20/2022 at 7:03 PM, KOG Water Dragon said:

Sorry, but those feet and hands are not included. 

This is why you always link the source instead of just the images

https://hjweb.jp/article/758204/

The feet are beefed up with styrene

ftvJxIF.jpg

While they don't specify which exact hands they stole from another kit other than it's "movable type", from the extra pics it's pretty safe to conclude these are layered injection hands probably from a recent Bandai MG. It has the pip for clicking into the weapon handle slot that's needed because the movable fingers can't hold anything.

CDkDri8.jpg

Unpainted pics show the extra styrene sheet on the back of the hand to give it the VF-1 detail

DAMO7gQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I preordered the scout last night. Kinda surprised how fast they’re pumping out these variants. Also surprised this came out before the heavy missile version. I really think the scout is a bigger transition and now I’m confident that the regult variations will all happen very soon. Now we gotta see what project will be beyond the regults. Glaug, armors, gnerl who knows, I hope there’s more to look forward to

3 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Surprised they are doing scout before heavy missile pod type.

Yeah, me too. I’m just super happy that they are doing the scout type since it’s the most drastic change from the standard Regult. I’m pretty sure the heavy is on the way soon since it’s just a replacement of the missile pods.

4 hours ago, Big s said:

I preordered the scout last night. Kinda surprised how fast they’re pumping out these variants. Also surprised this came out before the heavy missile version. I really think the scout is a bigger transition and now I’m confident that the regult variations will all happen very soon.

4 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Surprised they are doing scout before heavy missile pod type.

I suspect they’ve already done the design and tooling for all the variants, and they’re just staggering the releases so they don’t overwhelm people’s hobby budgets. I’m sure people are more likely to buy multiple copies when only one model is released at a time. I also think it’s logical to spread out the two missile types with the recon one in between. Since the recon is the most different of the four, it’s the riskiest investment. They wouldn’t want people to be tired of buying Regults or decide they can’t afford any more by the time the financially riskiest variant hits the market.

Really excited to see this one. I’ve procrastinated on buying the light missile variant - need to order a couple.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt