What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

Arrived yesterday! Well worth the 5 day shipping , which was about $1 more than the model, lol. It's gonna be till the weekend before i start opening bags. Very excited!F2A60197-0FDB-4A17-B3BF-A2DF7D75F830.jpeg.336c76f7a22dee0106a9cf2f41843abd.jpeg3E55C160-0C2F-4316-9E5A-0F38EA0A927D.jpeg.eda568c99ea075f0a01552a5ba5f0e6b.jpeg

Excited for part 2 !

Edited by Bolt

On 7/6/2022 at 10:57 AM, Bolt said:

Arrived yesterday! Well worth the 5 day shipping , which was about $1 more than the model, lol. It's gonna be till the weekend before i start opening bags. Very excited!F2A60197-0FDB-4A17-B3BF-A2DF7D75F830.jpeg.336c76f7a22dee0106a9cf2f41843abd.jpeg3E55C160-0C2F-4316-9E5A-0F38EA0A927D.jpeg.eda568c99ea075f0a01552a5ba5f0e6b.jpeg

Excited for part 2 !

Man, I've been curious about this kit too.

As for new kits...id like to see more 1/48s  instead of endless variations of vf1 and 19.......complete the macross plus set in 1/48. i wanna see zero and frontier in 1/48 also.

As for  slight variations and decals...... i really wish they would complete the Macross R variants they started.

of course uhhh...feel free to make a vf9 and 4 as well 😃

i_view32_2022-07-14_00-42-25.png

i_view32_2022-07-14_00-42-39.png

i_view32_2022-07-14_00-42-55.png

i_view32_2022-07-14_00-43-03.png

i_view32_2022-07-14_00-43-26.png

i_view32_2022-07-14_00-41-24.png

i_view32_2022-07-14_00-41-56.png

Hasegawa released their 1/72 GBP-1 kit which looks good and has cool artwork.  Although, I'm disappointed in the shortcuts they took especially with the legs.  They released a pretty nice battroid kit a long time ago.  I'm not asking for a variable Hasegawa VF-1, but we've had integrated armor GBP-1 model kits more than 40 years without any innovation occurring.  Hasegawa has the money and means to have made a proper removable armor GBP-1 kit, which no one has done in plastic.  There's really no excuse for that in 2021/2022 with all of technology available.  Sure you can buy a toy like the Bandai HMR, but us model builders have seen what's possible with full interior detail tank kits in 1/35 scale.

Who can say how much more or less it would have cost Hasegawa to have taken their existing battroid kit, and then make the GBP-1 armor able to fit over it.  While taking into account the nosecone and joints being strong enough to support the weight.
Just so you know it's feasible, a small Japanese garage kit company consisting of a few people are the only ones to have accomplished the feat.  Not only did they make a 3 mode perfect transformation VF-1 in only 1/100 scale, but they made a GBP-1 set that fits on the valkyrie and looks good.  Hasegawa cannot even do that with a fixed mode battroid they already made many years ago.

Bearing in mind the Experten kit is more than 10 years old and done without the millions of dollars in resources and all the employees Hasegawa has at their disposal.  The Experten kit obviously costs more, but that's only because so few were made so it's more valuable.  I'm lucky to have an Experten 1/100 VF-1J with GBP-1 set, and then an individual set.  Amazingly enough, Experten did the same with the VF-11 heavy armor battroid set and super armor.  3 mode perfect variable and the armor sets.

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/.../1100vf-1jgbp-1-.html

IMG_20200618_141803.jpg

5.png

6.png

Edited by ChristopherB
OCD

You're right. You are lucky. That's an awesome kit ! I agree Hasegawa could have done an add on kit. Or maybe a special batroid kit (that's improved) and comes with the GBP. It wouldn't have to weigh much, in plastic.
Though it's resin, even the  Neo Grade 1/72 version is designed to attach/glue to an existing Hasegawa batroid, as well.

5BBA8544-A3A0-4D58-A95E-AC609A42C48B.jpeg.7cc4acb69a770835499b8aae5b95c833.jpeg

54 minutes ago, ChristopherB said:

Hasegawa released their 1/72 GBP-1 kit which looks good and has cool artwork.  Although, I'm disappointed in the shortcuts they took especially with the legs.  They released a pretty nice battroid kit a long time ago.  I'm not asking for a variable Hasegawa VF-1, but we've had integrated armor GBP-1 model kits more than 40 years without any innovation occurring.  Hasegawa has the money and means to have made a proper removable armor GBP-1 kit, which no one has done in plastic.  There's really no excuse for that in 2021/2022 with all of technology available.  Sure you can buy a toy like the Bandai HMR, but us model builders have seen what's possible with full interior detail tank kits in 1/35 scale.

Who can say how much more or less it would have cost Hasegawa to have taken their existing battroid kit, and then make the GBP-1 armor able to fit over it.  While taking into account the nosecone and joints being strong enough to support the weight.
Just so you know it's feasible, a small Japanese garage kit company consisting of a few people are the only ones to have accomplished the feat.  Not only did they make a 3 mode perfect transformation VF-1 in only 1/100 scale, but they made a GBP-1 set that fits on the valkyrie and looks good.  Hasegawa cannot even do that with a fixed mode battroid they already made many years ago.

Bearing in mind the Experten kit is more than 10 years old and done without the millions of dollars in resources and all the employees Hasegawa has at their disposal.  The Experten kit obviously costs more, but that's only because so few were made so it's more valuable.  I'm lucky to have an Experten 1/100 VF-1J with GBP-1 set, and then an individual set.  Amazingly enough, Experten did the same with the VF-11 heavy armor battroid set and super armor.  3 mode perfect variable and the armor sets.

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/.../1100vf-1jgbp-1-.html

IMG_20200618_141803.jpg

5.png

6.png

Personally I’m not a fan of transforming kits. They usually end up being hand grenades or they make too many compromises. But I do agree about hasegawa being a bit behind the times. They are more of an aircraft model company though. They do need a better vf 1 battroid. It looks good and all, but kinda floppy and falls apart around the hips. They seem to be getting better with mecha though with each new release, but that armored one I think would look better if they did the lower legs different. Personally I don’t mind that the armor isn’t removable since the kit is pretty cheap. I think they were going the realistic route and kept the small feet and hands from their earlier battroid rather than the magically bigger hands and feet from the anime.

• 2 weeks later...

If they're gonna keep doing these... I hope they get around to doing a 1/48 version of the Minmay Special.

But a 1/48 VE-1 and VT-1 would be better. Kinda surprised they haven't done those yet.

I think they've actually done most of the schemes that were released originally in 1/72, aside from the Minmay Special, Rollout colors, and the 25th/35th Anniversary schemes.

Edited by KOG Water Dragon

17 hours ago, Firefox21 said:

They should do a 1/48 VF-1D

I’d love to see that. As much as I’d like to have a VE-1 or VT-1, the D is a simpler kit for them to tool, just adding the cockpit section, head, and chest plate, if I recall correctly.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:14 AM, no3Ljm said:

1/48 VF-1A 5Grand
October 2022 Release
Y4200

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Surprised they picked the 5-grand valkyrie instead of what I thought was the more popular minmay 2009

91byhh00FaL._AC_SX679_.jpg.a0278b8bd626ef04c44a2d0865afe632.jpg

That said, it's pretty lazy for Hasegawa to just up-scale their previous rebox decal variants. At least give us NEW decal variants. I'd love a Minmay guard Super VF-1J

Edited by Duymon

3 hours ago, Duymon said:

Surprised they picked the 5-grand valkyrie instead of what I thought was the more popular minmay 2009

91byhh00FaL._AC_SX679_.jpg.a0278b8bd626ef04c44a2d0865afe632.jpg

That said, it's pretty lazy for Hasegawa to just up-scale their previous rebox decal variants. At least give us NEW decal variants. I'd love a Minmay guard Super VF-1J

You can buy a chinese reprint of those decals through eBay (at the cost of a normal Hasegawa VF-1 kit).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132264740955

gonna order 1 for the collection just to support Hase, though I really do wish that Hase made brand-new schemes , not just upscales of previous 1/72 VF-1 reboxes.

Depending on the decal setup (if they do both full blue/gold or if they just do the gold lines and you need to paint the blue) this could be a pretty easy valk kit to finish

Edited by Duymon

• 3 weeks later...

Hasegawa milks molds BETTER than any model company out there! It's not just the Macross kits either. You gotta give them that. Just two missiles and a new decal sheet - whole new model kit! 😉 - MT

3 hours ago, MechTech said:

Hasegawa milks molds BETTER than any model company out there! It's not just the Macross kits either. You gotta give them that. Just two missiles and a new decal sheet - whole new model kit! 😉 - MT

Yet there's still no 1/48 VF-1D! I can understand not doing the VE-1 and VT-1 yet, since there's a fair number of new parts needed, but plain old VF-1D shouldn't be that hard...

It's a lot easier to do pure decal variant repops though.

At this point, the only VF-1 schemes released in 1/72 that aren't available in 1/48 are the Minmay Special, Rollout colors, and 35th anniversary scheme.

• 3 weeks later...