What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Think they'll do a Gnerl fighter?

I hope they do. A fighter is a little easier for hasegawa since the moving joints aren’t where hasegawa shines. And they have been doing more space craft. I’d expect a gnerl more than I would a destroid.

20 minutes ago, Big s said:

I hope they do. A fighter is a little easier for hasegawa since the moving joints aren’t where hasegawa shines. And they have been doing more space craft. I’d expect a gnerl more than I would a destroid.

Plus it's not all that hard: it's a fairly basic shape (flattened cone with 3 round engine nacelles), and shouldn't be too hard to make-

gnerl-lineart.gif.a09fc25608db716a0585dc371c803c28.gif

Plus it's not all that hard: it's a fairly basic shape (flattened cone with 3 round engine nacelles), and shouldn't be too hard to make-

I’d definitely be all in and pick up a few for a display 

That would be huge at 1/72! A Battroid is about the same size as a normal Zentradi, so imagine a model that can fit a Battroid in the cockpit!😱

Still, would get!

Pretty cool.  I'll be getting one and the Heavy Missile Regult when it comes out.  I'll take a Q-Rau and N-Ger if they release them and fudge them in the background with my HMR.

5 hours ago, Thom said:

That would be huge at 1/72! A Battroid is about the same size as a normal Zentradi, so imagine a model that can fit a Battroid in the cockpit!😱

Still, would get!

They’d probably make it closer to the regult body size, but somewhat longer. I don’t think it would be a super large kit. But it would be a nice size

Was checking out that regult with the small missiles and the description mentioned a new material for the joints for better stability. Their first regult is a fairly stable, but does feel a little jelloish. If they actually improved those joints this would be great for the extra weight on the top. 
It’s also nice to see that thee preorder price is only $21. 

54 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

THEY BETTER DO THE FREAKIN SCOUT POD 1ST!!!!! 

I’m pretty sure that since they did the small missiles, the heavy missiles will be next. The scout will need pretty much a whole new body.

44 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Yeh, I realize the heavy missile will be next, I just reallllyy hope the do the recon scout after that. We've NEVER had but one mass produced kit of that one to my knowledge! 

I think there were two. The little nichimo and the bigger one Arii I think. 
either way I would love a hasegawa version of it

On 6/2/2022 at 3:13 AM, Thom said:

That would be huge at 1/72!

Around the size of this kit?

431221588_images(28).jpeg.14bd748fb611afc28a800ee4fa6ef376.jpeg

On 6/2/2022 at 3:13 AM, Thom said:

Still, would get!

Yes!

On 6/2/2022 at 5:43 AM, sh9000 said:

Pretty cool.  I'll be getting one and the Heavy Missile Regult when it comes out.  I'll take a Q-Rau and N-Ger if they release them and fudge them in the background with my HMR.

This.

Edited by Podtastic

15 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

On the topic of Zentraedi craft, I found this pic online that shows the pilot inside their respective craft (probably been posted here before, but I figured it couldn't hurt to repost it if that's the case):

521983480_zentraedipilotpositioncraft.jpg.dee1cd103c266927a16fc14fe2de1bd5.jpg

If you want a proper size comparison of Zentraedi mecha, look at the resin models I've made over the years. They were all designed to accomodate a proper Zentraedi soldier while remaining faithful to the visuals of the line-art. So far, every other manufacturer has failed in that respect.

I love HLJ, but I've got a $30 Regult sitting in their warehouse with a $50 FedEx shipping option only - come on HLJ, open up EMS or Slow Boat to help us out in Canada.  (Warning to fellow Canadians, they offer no other forms of shipping to Canada other than FedEx or DHL).  I'm not ordering anything else until some other options for shipping open up.  (when I pre-ordered there were more options, didn't know things would get worse over time - I thought things would get better?)

4 hours ago, wm cheng said:

I love HLJ, but I've got a $30 Regult sitting in their warehouse with a $50 FedEx shipping option only - come on HLJ, open up EMS or Slow Boat to help us out in Canada.  (Warning to fellow Canadians, they offer no other forms of shipping to Canada other than FedEx or DHL).  I'm not ordering anything else until some other options for shipping open up.  (when I pre-ordered there were more options, didn't know things would get worse over time - I thought things would get better?)

I think is japan's mail service the probem, not the store.

5 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Oh flaunt that Canada has a reliable and functional postal service why dont you.😅

2 hours ago, Thom said:

That's why I'm real hesitant to buy from HLJ right now. Love the products and the pricing, but the shipping more than often doubles it.

Same; whatever you save on price the shipping utterly murders you on.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:39 AM, wm cheng said:

I love HLJ, but I've got a $30 Regult sitting in their warehouse with a $50 FedEx shipping option only - come on HLJ, open up EMS or Slow Boat to help us out in Canada.

The solution to this, of course, is to add three more Regults to your warehouse, and maybe throw in a 1/48 VF-1 or two. Then the shipping doesn’t seem as high when you’re getting so many kits at once!

Couriers care more about volume than weight. By the time you get to a box that's like 30x30x40cm you can pack like 15kg in there and the price will be the same as it if was 3kg.

The solution is 10 extra kg of photoetch, files, drill bits, chisels and maybe a dozen magazine issues or so. :D

I just received my shipment of five Regults from HLJ yesterday. I paid ¥4,520 for Surface Parcel, which they were offering to the US, but it took almost exactly three months to arrive from when I ordered March 15. I went a little overboard, buying five of them, but I’ve waited for years for a quality Regult kit. I want to have a couple spares in case the first build doesn’t go well (with paint and weathering, etc.).

The model does look a bit small for 1/72, but I think it will make up for it in appearance. I have in mind building a Macross City street fight diorama with a couple VF-1A battroids at one end of the block and several Regults at the other end, so some forced perspective would offset the relative scale of the two models.

29 minutes ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

I just received my shipment of five Regults from HLJ yesterday. I paid ¥4,520 for Surface Parcel, which they were offering to the US, but it took almost exactly three months to arrive from when I ordered March 15. I went a little overboard, buying five of them, but I’ve waited for years for a quality Regult kit. I want to have a couple spares in case the first build doesn’t go well (with paint and weathering, etc.).

The model does look a bit small for 1/72, but I think it will make up for it in appearance. I have in mind building a Macross City street fight diorama with a couple VF-1A battroids at one end of the block and several Regults at the other end, so some forced perspective would offset the relative scale of the two models.

Now you gotta get a few missile types so they can be bros. And hopefully soon a scout or two and maybe in the near future a Glaug to lead them all through backlog glory.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Did I miss it? Are we expecting a Part 2 in the future?
Just now...almost 3 months later, did that register in my old brain...

That... is a good question.

As it appears to be based on the "Operation Bulls Eye" from VFMF VF-1 Valkyrie Space Wings, Hasegawa may be aiming at producing a Part 2 AND a Part 3.

The aforementioned story introduces us to 3 variants:

• SVF-37 #710 (VF-1A, dark blue with light blue/grey highlights)
  • SVF-22 #408 (VF-1A, tawny with light grey/white highlights) - part 1 pictured above
  • SVF-13 #105 (VF-1J, light grey, with dark grey/light blue highlights)

Can anyone confirm if the GBP-1S have hardpoints on the forearms?  The VFMF book not only introduces them, but also has RMS-1 missiles or GU-11 gun pods mounted on them.