What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

Exactly the same here, I just don't understand the appeal of SDs at all (other than they are the opposite of my aesthetic - fast and sleek).

3 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Exactly the same here, I just don't understand the appeal of SDs at all (other than they are the opposite of my aesthetic - fast and sleek).

Same here too. I only appreciate it if it's super cute. But I don't buy them. The only time I bought an SD is the Makurosu figure which I already sold it last year. :lol: 

Edited by no3Ljm

Sd kits and toys don’t really do it for me either. I do think they have a roll in increasing the popularity of a franchise. There’s also that whole attempt at trying to get your girlfriend into your hobby, when she’s not into models, so you try something odd like getting her a hello kitty gundam kit and hoping that changes her mind. I guess they can be used as a gateway drug to the hardcore crack that is mecha modeling building 

6 hours ago, Big s said:

so you try something odd like getting her a hello kitty gundam kit and hoping that changes her mind

That actually worked for me (she named ours "Hello Kitty-San"). Not that she's actually building Macross kits now, but I get far less crap about them showing up at our house and she occasionally asks really good technical questions about the build process.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

That actually worked for me (she named ours "Hello Kitty-San"). Not that she's actually building Macross kits now, but I get far less crap about them showing up at our house and she occasionally asks really good technical questions about the build process.

That’s a pretty good example. Now you can show her some of the delta stuff and get her into the whole idol aspect of macross and some of those kits. Then eventually she’ll see a regult and think it’s a super cute walking egg and then she’s hooked. The downside will be that you’re gonna need at least 2 of every kit

22 hours ago, Big s said:

That’s a pretty good example. Now you can show her some of the delta stuff and get her into the whole idol aspect of macross and some of those kits. Then eventually she’ll see a regult and think it’s a super cute walking egg and then she’s hooked. The downside will be that you’re gonna need at least 2 of every kit

She's been eyeing the two Bandai SD Special Sets that arrived during the holidays, and I was looking at the box art for the Max and Milia Egg Planes the other day and she said they looked adorable, so I might be in trouble....

16 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

She's been eyeing the two Bandai SD Special Sets that arrived during the holidays, and I was looking at the box art for the Max and Milia Egg Planes the other day and she said they looked adorable, so I might be in trouble....

Those Bandai kits are surprisingly nice. Easy build, transform well/easily, and a decent amount of detailing.

46 minutes ago, Goodman Models said:

I wonder if a Fan Racer is coming down the line!

Maybe Hasegawa will repop an Angel Bird in either scale and pack in a resin Fan Racer as a limited edition release. I can really see them doing that. It's a tiny plane and they do limited release resin pack ins from time to time.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:42 PM, Podtastic said:

The slow pace of Macross  releases of  anything other than a valkyrie or an idol is beyond painful.  

YF-21 in 1/48???? almost 12 years waiting :(

Still hope for some Zentradi capital ships and other battle pods types and armor suits. PLEASE!!!!

2 hours ago, joscasle said:

YF-21 in 1/48???? almost 12 years waiting :(

Still hope for some Zentradi capital ships and other battle pods types and armor suits. PLEASE!!!!

I'd like to see a factory satellite and maybe even Boldoza's fortress (TV and Mover versions) done out.

4 hours ago, joscasle said:

I bought 3D stls for the ships but still hoping for the Regult Scout and Powered Armour. Seriously, who wouldn't buy the Queadluun-Rau?

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

'd like to see a factory satellite and maybe even Boldoza's fortress (TV and Mover versions) done out.

Yes. The DYRL version fortress was at least done as a 3D print.

10 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I bought 3D stls for the ships but still hoping for the Regult Scout and Powered Armour. Seriously, who wouldn't buy the Queadluun-Rau?

Yes. The DYRL version fortress was at least done as a 3D print.

Queadluun-Rau!!!! PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

11 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Or in less than 48 hours?

Hasegawa tweeted out that they're back to the usual thing of announcing June and July releases together to pre-empt Shizuoka Hobby Show.
Announcement will be April 1st at 13:00 JST

Hope they have SDF Zentraedi stuff, and that its not just vapourware.

10 hours ago, Big s said:

But I’d love to be surprised and see some of the armors

That would be absolutely fantastic, especially if they did the DYRL version of the Nousjadeul-Ger that Bandai failed to release.