What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

This one still looks like it will have quite a bit of seam line work though. Looks like the legs still are split in the middle on a lot of parts along with the side thrusters and maybe a few more places. It’s definitely an improvement over past releases though and even Bandai would have ended up with a lot of parts with seams due to the design 

4 hours ago, MechTech said:

Hasegawa is REALLY stepping up their game! I was VERY impressed to see how they have taken a bunch of their newer kits and basically made them like gun-pla. It will help bring in more model builders to the hobby and it makes building easier on those who have been doing it for years. I'm also loving the various color parts sprues. The parts fit, even on weird shaped parts is incredible too.

Unless you guys miss all that puttying and sanding!:D - MT

1000% And no.....I won't miss all that puttying and sanding, not one damn bit. I understand their may be a bit on some of the seams due to the design, but I'm fine with that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the notice that the regult is on it’s way. 

Hobbysearch has the instructions up Incase anyone is interested in previewing how things go together. And they have multiple pictures of the box showing several spots that say standard type, so more than likely we’ll at least get some missiles in upcoming releases and still hopefully a scout 

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Just received a "Now in your Private Warehouse" notification from HLJ for the Regult kit. :yahoo: It's still in stock on HLJ if anyone has been waiting to order one.

Yeh, got mine as well. Uhhggg..shipping is more than the damn kit. SIIGGGGHHH. I miss pre-Covid days shipping prices.

38 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Just received a "Now in your Private Warehouse" notification from HLJ for the Regult kit. :yahoo: It's still in stock on HLJ if anyone has been waiting to order one.

I shipped mine this morning.

48 minutes ago, Big s said:

Just got the notice that the regult is on it’s way. 

Hobbysearch has the instructions up Incase anyone is interested in previewing how things go together. And they have multiple pictures of the box showing several spots that say standard type, so more than likely we’ll at least get some missiles in upcoming releases and still hopefully a scout 

Excellent.

Yep, got mine waiting to ship as well. Just need a couple more things to show up and then it'll be on its way. I can't wait. The Armored was a whole lot of fun, I imagine this will be as well.

By the by, for me in the US of A, shipping prices seem to favor DHL on the low end (~$40-60 shipping) but lean back in EMS's favor sometimes dramatically as I add more and more items (~$75 EMS, ~$110!! DHL once I added both Regult kits, a MG Deathscythe Hell, HG 00 kit, some Kotobukiya MSG kits, and other tools). So it seems like shipping services are returning somewhat to their pre-pandemic hierarchy. Just wish the prices would start to ease downward, too. :lol:

I've got the Armored and Regult in the warehouse too... just waiting on that darn Plamax VF-31 nose to release...

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Yep, got mine waiting to ship as well. Just need a couple more things to show up and then it'll be on its way. I can't wait. The Armored was a whole lot of fun, I imagine this will be as well.

By the by, for me in the US of A, shipping prices seem to favor DHL on the low end (~$40-60 shipping) but lean back in EMS's favor sometimes dramatically as I add more and more items (~$75 EMS, ~$110!! DHL once I added both Regult kits, a MG Deathscythe Hell, HG 00 kit, some Kotobukiya MSG kits, and other tools). So it seems like shipping services are returning somewhat to their pre-pandemic hierarchy. Just wish the prices would start to ease downward, too. :lol:

This is hilarious as I'm like 90% sure I bought a MG D-Hell from you like 5 years ago along with a MG Wing KA and a Bandai Armored VF-25F... still haven't touched any of them either. Could have saved you the DHL cost, just charge you a restocking fee. lol

In my experience lately (mostly HLJ and Mandarake orders,) EMS is always been cheaper by about $20-30USD only anything larger than a shoe box. Lately, I've found it easier to give into EBAY markups because the cheaper MSRP cost overseas + shipping (with SAL/Japan Post export being closed) is about the same with less wait.

30 minutes ago, Rock said:

This is hilarious as I'm like 90% sure I bought a MG D-Hell from you like 5 years ago along with a MG Wing KA and a Bandai Armored VF-25F... still haven't touched any of them either. Could have saved you the DHL cost, just charge you a restocking fee. lol

Lol. I don't remember ever having a D-Hell, though, hence why I finally bought one. (Or I guess not so finally, it seems. :lol:) I'm committing (...for the moment...) to getting a complete Wing EW 1/100 set of the boy band and their upgrades, as well as the TGs... So many TGs. I decided on a whim to buy a Mercurius/Vayaete conversion kit, which requires a MG TG each, and right around the same time the TG Fluegel came out and I had to get two of those, too... and now I'm considering getting another two to convert to a Leo and Serpent... I am going to be absolutely sick of that kit by the time I finally work my way through all the suits based on it.

My Regult went into my Private Warehouse as well.  I’m not sure when I’ll ship all of my items together from HLJ but once I do I know the shipping won’t be too high.  The longest I’ve had my items in my Private Warehouse is 539 days.

Edited by sh9000

Same here the Regult is in, but can't justify FedEx at $65cdn ($45 FedEx + $20 brokerage/customs & duty) for a $35 model.  Argh, FedEx and DHL are the only options for Canada.  How did @sh9000 have something in the Private Warehouse for 539 days?  They are only giving me 60 days till they automatically ship it - hopefully there will be a slower/cheaper alternative in the next 60 days for me to select to ship to me.

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Same here the Regult is in, but can't justify FedEx at $65cdn ($45 FedEx + $20 brokerage/customs & duty) for a $35 model.  Argh, FedEx and DHL are the only options for Canada.  How did @sh9000 have something in the Private Warehouse for 539 days?  They are only giving me 60 days till they automatically ship it - hopefully there will be a slower/cheaper alternative in the next 60 days for me to select to ship to me.

Hey @wm cheng. I shared some links in the Japan Post thread in the Toy Sections regarding HLJ's Private Warehouse. Hope it helps to ease your worries. :drinks:

I have an Armored VF-1, a Regult, and several other recent 1/72 and 1/48 Hasegawa Macross releases in my HLJ private warehouse... but the shipping is just too painful right now.

I also had a HGUC Nightingale in my private warehouse, but I eventually decided to buy one local and have HLJ restock the copy they had for me, because the cost of the kit plus shipping was a LOT more than what I paid for a locally sold copy.

57 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @wm cheng. I shared some links in the Japan Post thread in the Toy Sections regarding HLJ's Private Warehouse. Hope it helps to ease your worries. :drinks:

OK, thanks @no3Ljm... back to buying and worrying about shipping later 😛

Had a 1/48 Sonic Birds in the HLJ private warehouse, and just got notificaiton about the regult finally being in stock (only had a week left in storage on the VF-1A, so every day was saying 'release the regult...release the regult already')
Lowest non-sea shipping option was 5160 yen to socal, which is just a few dollars higher than my last purchase from December (similar box sizes)
Just posting this additional shipping comparison info if it helps anyone.

image.png.08452181b3ad699a467ff98a3451fb6c.png

image.png.58fc5fec3584ad8b13abc0cb6293769a.png

I recently had a set of decals shipped from Hlj along with a few other items. Since the pandemic they were giving a courtesy of holding items in the private warehouse, but they only bugged me every couple months to ship. They never got pushy about it and some of those items were on hold for over a year. The emails only said hey we have shipping options, but never said ship now or else.

The regult was only about $20 when I preordered it, so I had it shipped with a few other things to save on shipping. I think there are a few closer to home shops that have these listed, maybe check prices at local web sites. Near me Hobby Town gets the Macross kits every now and then, so maybe others will have them and it won’t be such a burden with cost

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I recently had a set of decals shipped from Hlj along with a few other items. Since the pandemic they were giving a courtesy of holding items in the private warehouse, but they only bugged me every couple months to ship. They never got pushy about it and some of those items were on hold for over a year. The emails only said hey we have shipping options, but never said ship now or else.

The regult was only about $20 when I preordered it, so I had it shipped with a few other things to save on shipping. I think there are a few closer to home shops that have these listed, maybe check prices at local web sites. Near me Hobby Town gets the Macross kits every now and then, so maybe others will have them and it won’t be such a burden with cost

HLJ is getting a lot more pushy about shipping now. I ordered a few things before the end of December, using one of those unlimited discount codes they were handing out, and I parked them in my Private Warehouse because I knew that the Regult would be coming out in February and I wanted to save on shipping. Got an email or two in January that tried to nudge me to ship my stuff, then it felt like every few days this month they were bugging me. They even tried to fake me out with a "48 Hour Shipping Notice" email, which when you read it after thinking, "crap, they're going to automatically ship my stuff," was them saying, "we can ship your stuff in two days if you act now." I've been a customer for 20+ years and have never seen them resort to tactics like this before. Makes me not want to shop there.

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

Had a 1/48 Sonic Birds in the HLJ private warehouse, and just got notificaiton about the regult finally being in stock (only had a week left in storage on the VF-1A, so every day was saying 'release the regult...release the regult already')
Lowest non-sea shipping option was 5160 yen to socal, which is just a few dollars higher than my last purchase from December (similar box sizes)
Just posting this additional shipping comparison info if it helps anyone.

image.png.08452181b3ad699a467ff98a3451fb6c.png

image.png.58fc5fec3584ad8b13abc0cb6293769a.png

It must be nice to be able to base shipping decisions on cost, rather than on avoiding postal theft.

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

HLJ is getting a lot more pushy about shipping now. I ordered a few things before the end of December, using one of those unlimited discount codes they were handing out, and I parked them in my Private Warehouse because I knew that the Regult would be coming out in February and I wanted to save on shipping. Got an email or two in January that tried to nudge me to ship my stuff, then it felt like every few days this month they were bugging me. They even tried to fake me out with a "48 Hour Shipping Notice" email, which when you read it after thinking, "crap, they're going to automatically ship my stuff," was them saying, "we can ship your stuff in two days if you act now." I've been a customer for 20+ years and have never seen them resort to tactics like this before. Makes me not want to shop there.

They’re likely running out of storage space to hold all the PW items due to people leaving them to accumulate for *years* at this point.

Space costs money, and keeping track of that huge number of already sold items also costs money, plus they’re responsible for if anything happens to the stored items.

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They’re likely running out of storage space to hold all the PW items due to people leaving them to accumulate for *years* at this point.

Space costs money, and keeping track of that huge number of already sold items also costs money, plus they’re responsible for if anything happens to the stored items.

That's what I assumed. They have a huge pile of stuff in their warehouse, some of it sitting there for 2+ years now, but they're a business and need to keep selling stuff to survive, which means adding more stuff to the pile, but they also don't want to alienate longtime customers who have been waiting for shipping prices to drop to more reasonable levels. It's not a great position to be in. At some point they might have to start automatically shipping items that have been collecting dust to make room and/or start collecting fees for leaving stuff in your Private Warehouse. I don't like either of those options, and neither will customers, but they're going to lose money either way. :unknw:

On 2/11/2022 at 11:21 PM, Big s said:

This one still looks like it will have quite a bit of seam line work though.

Yes, it seems there are seams.

seams.jpg.4f8c31799058a5d86c2b4bdd4a4bab45.jpg

Clear parts for the win!

FTW.jpg.174ccc1a9d2cc8f475949157a9c56465.jpg

648574764_clearparts.jpg.abaf75e910306331544f94bd8ac922fb.jpg

Some objective comparisons:

484570286_withBandai.jpg.51480d9e670cdd4f99282b3db1dbfe00.jpg

1047336123_variousbattlepods.jpg.467494847b0343931fdca6c2e26eeece.jpg

The eternal scale question:

1177424761_theeternalscalequestion.jpg.e73515f76673fe240b210052d488f37d.jpg

Edited by tekering

40 minutes ago, tekering said:

It's no HMR, but you can get a pretty good crouch out of it...

Hasegawa-kun.jpg.deb21ad8387c592be2936cadeec61263.jpg

Clear parts for the win!

FTW.jpg.174ccc1a9d2cc8f475949157a9c56465.jpg

648574764_clearparts.jpg.abaf75e910306331544f94bd8ac922fb.jpg

It seems there are seams.

seams.jpg.4f8c31799058a5d86c2b4bdd4a4bab45.jpg

Some objective comparisons:

484570286_withBandai.jpg.51480d9e670cdd4f99282b3db1dbfe00.jpg

1047336123_variousbattlepods.jpg.467494847b0343931fdca6c2e26eeece.jpg

The eternal scale question:

1177424761_theeternalscalequestion.jpg.e73515f76673fe240b210052d488f37d.jpg

That last pic needs a Bandai regult in it. 
On that note, is the Bandai Regult slightly larger than the Hasegawa?

Thanks for the pics. How stable does it feel? Do the joints feel like they hold the weight well or is a stand something to consider?

Mine should be in by Wednesday, and at my pace it probably wouldn’t be finished until at least the end of the month. Just really excited about this kit more than anything else that’s been announced.

Another odd question is that I noticed that the included decal sheet seems to have quite a bit of little Zentraedi language decals. Is there a guide to which ones to properly use together?

Another thing I just noticed is when looking at the parts and instructions at hobby search, it looks like there are clear parts for the smaller sensors on the body but no explanation that they show on how those attach. The body looks like those are just molded in the plastic. Do they jut glue on top?