What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That and color separation.

I wonder if they're trying to get some of the gunpla builder market? World of difference between that and a traditional model kit.

They have been getting into both color separation and snapfit recently... IIRC their MechatroWeGo kits were all/mostly snapfit and color-separated, as well as maybe another handful of small-scale kits the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was all practice runs for this release.

I was hoping for a little more detail, like smaller panel lines and rivets more like their 1/72 VF-1 instead of just the lineart lines.  I wonder how tall it would be built?

I think the lack of rivets is probably since those things were made using large automated factories without the idea of repair, that they would be just slap welded without bolts, screws or even rivets or possibly any major maintenance hatches or panels. I think the most maintenance they did was to make sure they had fuel and ammo, but maybe they only worried about ammo. If there would be rivets or bolts it’s possible that they would actually be massive and few and far between due to their size. Realistically for their size it may be more like a car body where they don’t show, but I’m not a giant alien mechanic 

Color separation and snap-fit assembly confirmed, at least according to HLJ. (Maybe this was already said somewhere, but first time I'm seeing it.) From their newsletter email just now:

The star of the week is a new kit of a classic "Macross" mecha, the Regult! This is Hasegawa's first kit of the battle pod, so it's an entirely new mold! It will feature snap-fit assembly, comes molded in 4 colors, and includes decals - in other words, you don't need paint to make it look amazing! It will be posable after assembly, and even includes a stand to allow mid-air display.

And from the item listing description:

.....It's jointed so it'll be posable after assembly; the left and right main rockets, the charged particle beam cannon at the upper front, and the laser anti-aircraft machine gun in the rear are all movable. The included stand allows you to display it in flight, too. And the legendary Hidetaka Tenjin is in charge of the package illustration!

I’m glad it’s doing well. If the demand is there then there’s more to come. The part separation and colors are neat, but there’s definitely gonna be some work for those that don’t like seam lines. Still can’t wait to see more pictures and definitely want to see how much this thing can pose. I also like that it has a lot of clear parts for the sensors 

Well pre-ordered my 4 kits.

If MEP Toy's oversized rightsized Gurab project backing had not wimped out, I might have ordered the maximum 20.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Now give us the scout, missile, N-ger, and Q-rau!

Yes!

11 hours ago, Big s said:

I think the lack of rivets is

as it should be. I like my alien mecha to look clean, curvy and high tech.

20 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That and color separation.

I wonder if they're trying to get some of the gunpla builder market? World of difference between that and a traditional model kit.

Hasegawa'a Crusher Joe TR-5 Harpy was the first "non-traditional" model kit I've ever handled from them... and it's a WONDERFUL kit. I assume the Minerva is similar.

1 hour ago, Urashiman said:

Unfortunately- they won’t ship it until a shipping service is selected. No surprise 😕

I did that once, putting it in the 'warehouse' and then shipping later. Ended up paying more for shipping then if I had bought/shipped at the same time.

52 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I miss one page of updates and whammo...a freaking Regult! Can't wait!!!
If it sells perhaps we could get the Quead and Nous down the line.
I still can't believe they are doing a regult-wow

Right? I'm also hoping maybe sometime down the line they may do some of the capital ships too (Zentraedi).

On 12/4/2021 at 4:04 AM, GMK said:

About 10cm/4” taller than the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1 Battroid. That’s a good size. 

Not really. My sculpt comes out to about 26.5cm when I pose the legs the same way. If a Zentradi is anywhere near the size of a battroid, the pod has to be bigger. This is the pitfall of officially licenced kits: you have to do what the licensor approves, and follow their nonsensical numerical values, even when those values violate logic and reason.

34 minutes ago, captain america said:

Not really. My sculpt comes out to about 26.5cm when I pose the legs the same way. If a Zentradi is anywhere near the size of a battroid, the pod has to be bigger. This is the pitfall of officially licenced kits: you have to do what the licensor approves, and follow their nonsensical numerical values, even when those values violate logic and reason.

To be fair, I said “good” size, not “correct” size. I take your point, however. 

16 hours ago, Podtastic said:

And why not armoured Zentraedi soldiers?

If snapfit works for Imperial Strormtroopers it can work for Zentraedi figs as well.🙂

I would absolutely love that idea. Give me articulated enemy soldiers in that cool armor and I would be the happiest bastard. It would be great standing next to any of the pods, power armors or even a gnerl. And speaking of gnerl, that seams like such a simple cool kit to go with the series