What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

On 9/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

BEHOLD! NEW MOLDS!

V4htpip.jpg

What's interesting is that I saw the kit number is 30 instead of the usual 5 digit number? So presumable the full kit number will be 65730. I just find it interesting that some kits get a two digit number on the box and most of the rest just have the normal 5 digit. I see no particular rhyme or reason for it.

In any event, woot!

I keep waiting for a 1/48 YF-21.. I know the YF-19 is more popular, but seriously. :lol: 

That 1/48 Black Aces kit looks beautiful, but I haven't built the Hasegawa Super/Strike kits I have already, and those boxes are massive.... Maybe just one.. :p 

Really though, practically speaking, I don't need to buy another VF-1 kit just for those decals.  I've planned on dressing up one of my kits in the old Monogram VF-142 markings for years.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

BEHOLD! NEW MOLDS!

V4htpip.jpg

With all the evil crap going on in the world, this is some cool news! Is it just me, or is this like a couple of decades late? Better late than never I guess. - MT

On 9/11/2021 at 6:56 PM, vsim said:

What's interesting is that I saw the kit number is 30 instead of the usual 5 digit number? So presumable the full kit number will be 65730. I just find it interesting that some kits get a two digit number on the box and most of the rest just have the normal 5 digit. I see no particular rhyme or reason for it.

In any event, woot!

Those with a two-digit number and a 5 digit item code on the box are regular release items, and those with only a 5 digit item code on the box are limited editions, AFAIK.

(Note that this being Hasegawa, almost all of their releases are limited editions, for a given definition of "limited" that usually means "less than usual, but still a lot")

Edited by Salamander

23 minutes ago, Salamander said:

Those with a two-digit number and a 5 digit item code on the box are regular release items, and those with only a 5 digit item code on the box are limited editions, AFAIK.

(Note that this being Hasegawa, almost all of their releases are limited editions, for a given definition of "limited" that usually means "less than usual, but still a lot")

AND a 90% chance they'll re-pop it next year or two ;)

4 hours ago, MechTech said:

With all the evil crap going on in the world, this is some cool news! Is it just me, or is this like a couple of decades late? Better late than never I guess. - MT

Lol. Definitely a few decades late..!

And yes! Better late than never !

On 9/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, vsim said:

What's interesting is that I saw the kit number is 30 instead of the usual 5 digit number? 

My guess is that this has been in the works for a while has retains the early kit designation. Hasegawa only have a small staff and have been kept busy with the Delta kits, Mechatro, MaK and retro anime releases too. I'd hesitantly guess that for whatever reason the GPB made it to the top of the list. 

Hasegawa pay attention to toy releases so perhaps they were hoping to cash in on the hype around Bandai DX GBP release for those that aren't into toys or don't have the spare cash. 

Want:

image.png.01c6dbca3cb49e6f50be39bd49449321.png

Can't tell if the hatches/missile covers are hinged or fixed.....guessing fixed. 

I hope Hasegawa fixed the hips on their battroids....oh, and shoulder joints too.

Looks like there won't be any legs under the leg armor (makes sense, why bother):

image.png.f013b314c746a2147e66556174c176d3.png

But you can tell the feet mount straight into an armor shell.  Would have been nice to at least see the the bottom of the legs, again, not something that's really noticeable unless you're looking directly for it or from the bottom view.

Overall, looks really good and I want one.

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

I wonder if it comes in pink...

(asking for a friend)

Lol. Ya sure buddy 😜

@peter Good eye. Yes i hope the hips and shoulders can handle the extra weight. I'm lucky with my 1/72 resin version that uses a Hasegawa batroid. It's nice and stiff!1637427D-31F6-4DBE-A30A-168BCD10E259.png.a7cc528726368e168f6459f15a6aff60.png

On 10/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, Duymon said:

Because I want to build unit 101 and 102 in both super a standard configs

:lol: at least I'm not the only one who suffers that affliction

:drinks:

Edited by slide

2 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Please Hasegawa, I'm awaiting your VF-4 more than anything else - even a VF-X would be good and VF-2SS why not?!  More planes please.

I'll take a VF-X please... that's an easy one Hasegawa!! it's practically a Gimme!!!

8 hours ago, slide said:

I'll take a VF-X please... that's an easy one Hasegawa!! it's practically a Gimme!!!

Well - for the VF-X they need to change the mold drastically. I mean, they need to update the panel line design, as the VF-X to VF-1 panel lines are super different.

There need to be new molds as well, for the arms. The VF-X had no arms.

VF-X

vf-x.gif.e59d4ca95459c9c40b0cb6b2740e159c.gif

VF-1

unnamed.gif.a87e819aac978a8902c5c4590d275f72.gif

On 10/9/2021 at 5:23 AM, Urashiman said:

why 4?

I want to do the same, to recreate this scene:

702acbbcdaf46be1275f94b1fbbaa359.jpg

I did it in 1/72 scale but I'm not sure if I can find the space to do it in 1/48.

IMG_20200701_135027.jpg

IMG_20200701_141034.jpg