What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Too bad Hasegawa wouldn't consider doing some models from Macross II; I think either of the VF-2 versions, the Metal Siren, and definitely some of the enemy mecha along with ships from both sides.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

The Myung figure is new...

Probably it's going to be like the previous Egg Hikaru VF-1S and VF-1J that came with a Minmay 1/24 figure.

Also just a heads-up that the Egg YF-19 with 1/24 Myung is now available for PO at HLJ and HobbySearch for Y2560.

https://www.hlj.com/1-24-scale-myung-fang-lone-w-yf-19-macross-plus-egg-plane-hsg65872

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10774400

10774400b.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

The Myung figure is new...

Sorry, I meant to say that there are no new announcements, just showing off what they announced previously - ie Myung YF-19 and the repops. I was hoping against hope for a VF-171 reveal to compete against Wave, or maybe a Cheyenne II, or etc.

22 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Sorry, I meant to say that there are no new announcements, just showing off what they announced previously - ie Myung YF-19 and the repops. I was hoping against hope for a VF-171 reveal to compete against Wave, or maybe a Cheyenne II, or etc.

I think it's rather cool they are doing a Myung figure. If I didn't already have an eggplane YF-19, I'd probably go for it...but since I do.. and since I'm worse at painting figures than I am at the aircraft...lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, VF-1A Grunt said:

Just got my in stock purchase notice from HLJ for the Low Visibility 1/48 VF-1. Looking forward to seeing it in person, but I’m afraid to see what shipping will be for the two I ordered.

Please let us know how much shipping was. I'd like to have an idea as to whether or not I will order this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 12:29 AM, Photogirl said:

wish they would reissue the TV editions of the SDF-1
prices on those have shot up so high in the last year.

Right? I'd love to try the Storm Attacker one and see how it would turn out!

On 5/26/2021 at 1:02 AM, Gabe Q said:

Please let us know how much shipping was. I'd like to have an idea as to whether or not I will order this. 

Sorry, I forgot to reply back. I haven't actually had them ship my kits yet because I was debating adding another 1/48 weapon set. Always hard to know how much more one additional kit will increase the shipping...

Anyway, for two 1/48 VF-1 kits from Japan to Michigan, USA, it's estimating $28.98 USD for surface shipping (1-3 months!), $56.47 for EMS, $59.56 for DHL, and $59.66 for FedEx. I'll probably just go with surface shipping because I'm not in a rush, and I could buy another kit with that savings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bolt said:

Bandai might have something to do with that 😉

That's what I was thinking. 

These are way cheaper and for those of us who want even more detail than the DXs and seldom transform them anyway, it's way more economical to just build your own.

I'll be honest, my in-laws sent me the Roy with Strike packs and I just received my VF-1D, but I wasn't very excited about them.  I recently got back into models and all I could think of when I got these guys was ohh.....this shape isn't right, oh the markings are nice but look at all those seam lines, and where is the shading?

I don't mean to toot my own horn, my builds look like garbage compared to some of the artists here (ahem Mechtech, WM Cheng, countless others). 

IMG_20210812_232329.jpg.a47db937ffa651f934c4043da26f0cd4.jpg

IMG_20210812_232300.jpg.5c776d9cd109d661b419443ef30bc806.jpg

IMG_20210812_232345.jpg.f765873889c8177f4cd36da76c123348.jpg

But if I'm going to be honest, my little 1/72 Hasegawa builds spark more joy than the 1/48 toys. 

I have a 1/48 Strike Valk in my queue, can't wait to get started on it, but I just need to organize some more display space. 

My DXs are all back in their boxes, lol! 

LOL @peter - that is an absolutely beautiful VF-1 (I see you fixed the angle on the rear legs too - was that a hard fix?).  I do enjoy models too, but with my crazy work nowadays, toys provide me that "instant" gratification 😛.  I don't know when I'll be able to build again, and its such a long commitment at least several weeks to start, then I get obsessive about finishing it.   The Bandai DXs don't require much to get it up and passible, you can just do a quick wash to capture the panel lines and I do a light pencil rubbing with a smudge stick over some of the panel lines to weather it a bit, a day and you're done and back to enjoying (no swearing from the basement in the middle of the night :P).