What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

Just in time for the second movie, right?  Maybe we'll get some oddball add-ons like what happened with the Tornado parts for the movie version of Frontier.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a VF-171 though.  It's never been touched by any model kits (well other than garage type kits).

• 3 weeks later...

is it just me, or does it look like reina's bird is packing the standard gun/holo-generator weapons pod, instead of a folded ray-dome??

On 9/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, kajnrig said:

Definitely looks like it, and if that's the case, that's disappointing.

Depending on how the model is pieced together you could swap out the container with the dome from the standard 31E, you just have to repaint it.

Or just say frak it and repaint Chuck's 31E to Reina's colours once we have enough pictures to match correctly.

6 hours ago, Focslain said:

Depending on how the model is pieced together you could swap out the container with the dome from the standard 31E, you just have to repaint it.

Or just say frak it and repaint Chuck's 31E to Reina's colours once we have enough pictures to match correctly.

The issue is more that the regular 31E doesn't have parts for the "stowed radome." We were hoping this kit would have those parts, but it seems they've simply opted for the regular "stowed gun/charger pod," same as the other 31s.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 11:31 AM, KOG Water Dragon said:

Haha, I like it. Though the box art isn't my favorite from this Walkure series.

Any idea what color the VF-31S will be?

Since its using the color scheme from the last concert, VF-31S/Mikumo Unit 01 will sport a cool bluish violet color.

1966605377_Annotation2019-10-28210232.jpg.8b919ca7972e2524eead3301063b7988.jpg

On 9/27/2019 at 9:00 PM, slide said:

is it just me, or does it look like reina's bird is packing the standard gun/holo-generator weapons pod, instead of a folded ray-dome??

I would also like to point out that the concert clip intro features the VF-31J head on all 5 of them.

1405348186_Annotation2019-10-28210229.jpg.ab8c3c108ef060d0faf8492fe3c5eec5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hasegawa's announcement for January's production just came out. No new Macross items to pre-order though. The VF-0A/S w/ ghost and the SV-51 w/ Twinboosters will be -reissued and out on January 20th / 23rd.

image.png.0a38fce655fcaf91040c3628dade614d.pngimage.png.ccb875b95b1cb3b15a84b9d220dfce6b.png 

Can we get some enemy mecha in 1/72 please hasegawa? you already released a Battroid VF-1S, and a Gerwalk VT-102............. I need a Regult for my Diorama...

just saying...

and I can't afford to miss a mortgage payment for one of RTKF's excellent offerings..............*mutters about responsibility and adulting*

OH, and [obligatory] VF17's and VF-171's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by slide

30 minutes ago, slide said:

Can we get some enemy mecha in 1/72 please hasegawa? you already released a Battroid VF-1S, and a Gerwalk VT-102............. I need a Regult for my Diorama...

just saying...

and I can't afford to miss a mortgage payment for one of RTKF's excellent offerings..............*mutters about responsibility and adulting*

If Hasegawa made 1/72 Regults... holy cow my wallet would be pissed at me! 

48 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Just anything Macross 7 would be nice...

I would have thought the red VF-19 would be a no-brainer for them to do. It's not very different from the existing YF-19 kit, is it?

(But seriously, why hasn't Hasegawa done VF-31 supers yet??)

Edited by KOG Water Dragon

44 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

I would have thought the red VF-19 would be a no-brainer for them to do. It's not very different from the existing YF-19 kit, is it?

Theyre not very similar at all other than basic layout:yf-19-fighter.gif

VS

vf-19custom-fighter.gif

to make it "anime-accurate" it would require:

a new top/bottom fuselage [extended LERX, tailfins move to the wingroot, no visible head-unit in fighter mode], and canopy [different shape at the rear]

new canards [slightly differnet shape, certainly different than hasegawa's versions],

new tailfins [new shape, much bigger, have to move from the engine nacells to the wingroot],

new wings [trailing edge is different]

a sound-pod launcher instead of the gunpod,

and new leg/engine modules [much curvier, VF-31/VF-25 style ankle cuffs (thrust vectoring vanes?) and new feet/engine nozzles]...

YF-19 Macross Plus (Plastic model) Assembly guide5

That the YF-19's parts map... so yea, mostly a whole new kit.

so yes it would be quite different, but the step from the Basara's '19Kai to the VF-19S and VF-19F would be new wings, clever interchangeable part to add the S/F head units and to cover over the canards and replace them with thrusters.

vf-19s-fighter.gif

Also: they only need the speaker modules and a modified VF-19S Head-unit to make a '19P from Basara's Custom... so there would be definite re-use potential of the new moulds!

vf-19p-fighter.gif

I'd be on board for 1x '19Kai, 2x or 3x '19P, and at least 6x S/F kits................ did I mention how much I love the '19 series yet?:D

Edited by slide

4 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Thanks for the clarification. I've never watched Macross 7 or had any kits/toys of the red VF-19 so I didn't know it was so different.

No problem! I would also encourage a watch of Macross7... it is very campy, but I found it highly entertaining

To be honest: the list of what's different was even longer than I thought it would be...

it's akin to the differences between an F-35A and an F-35C... or a "Legacy" F/A-18 to a Superhornet:wacko:

Edited by slide

15 hours ago, slide said:

I'd be on board for 1x '19Kai, 2x or 3x '19P, and at least 6x S/F kits................ did I mention how much I love the '19 series yet?:D

You, me and a lot of other fellows over here are in love with the -19 !!  :wub:

It was a great explanation what you gave here, btw. Hasegawa should be taking notes. I'd join you on the shopping spree for -19 variants as well. 

Edited by ivorysniper

I'd love to see them get AWAY from Valk and do some other things that have never been done outside of garage resin kits and old 80's craptastic kits - Cat's Eye, Q Rau, the Zentradi Capitol Ships, etc.  So many things to choose from that need to be done with modern methods...

43 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I'd love to see them get AWAY from Valk and do some other things that have never been done outside of garage resin kits and old 80's craptastic kits - Cat's Eye, Q Rau, the Zentradi Capitol Ships, etc.  So many things to choose from that need to be done with modern methods...

Yes please, would love a kit of the stealth frigates from frontier/delta.

Lol.  Would love some of that action!

But remember folks, Hasegawa is mostly known for doing real world fighting machines (and cars and motorcycles). They've only , relatively recently, started doing Macross stuff. 

Edited by Bolt