What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Why do 1/32 Super VF-1, when there's already a 1/20 Super/Strike VF-1? :rolleyes:

if we're talking 1/32 then I'd like to see Tamiya try it... I'd love to be able to pose all the flight surfaces or strip/open all the panels.

Transformation in that scale would of course mitigate any loss of extra internal engine detail etc :D

Hasegawa making more 1/72 Battroid kits for the following would be ideal. 

Fast Packs should be included if I had my way. 

VF-11B/C

YF-21 & YF-19

VF-31 (with optional heads)

YF-25 (with optional heads)

VF-171 (Armor & weapons set for sure)

Just my opinion, would love to see this happen! 

There are still loads of VF-31 variants to be milked (Supers + VF-31E) yet so it'll be a while before we see a brand new subject. By then the next iteration of Macross will probably be out. I also think Bandai are more likely to make an armoured VF-31. I doubt we will ever see a new battroid from Hasegawa. The last one was the VF-0, though if they do I suspect it would probably be the armoured Vf-1 since they can reuse a bunch of molds.

Just my opinions of course :D

- Brett

6 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

There are still loads of VF-31 variants to be milked (Supers + VF-31E) yet so it'll be a while before we see a brand new subject. By then the next iteration of Macross will probably be out. I also think Bandai are more likely to make an armoured VF-31. I doubt we will ever see a new battroid from Hasegawa. The last one was the VF-0, though if they do I suspect it would probably be the armoured Vf-1 since they can reuse a bunch of molds.

Just my opinions of course :D

- Brett

well, for a while there it didn't look like we were going to get any Gerwalks out of Hase... then it happened...

I'm just unsure if a new Battroid would be profitable enough [I see WAY more fighter-modes and gerwalks in collections than Hase Battroid models], and with Bandai making fully-transformable kits... the probability is low methinks.

• 4 weeks later...

October won't bee too productive for Hasegawa. No Macross-related content to be issued, out of only 11 items, as of today. Hopefully November will bring something really worthy of melting the wallet on it.

Capture11.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

CnP from the Draken thread:

Just now, kajnrig said:

That same advert shows (picture is blown up 2x)

- Egg Plane YF-19, October

- 1/48 VF-1 photo-etched parts, October

- 1/48 YF-19 photo-etched parts, October

- 1/72 Reactive Armored VF-0S, November 9

- 1/72 VF-1S Lynn Minmay Guard, December 16

- 1/72 VF-31A Kairos, December 26

2018NRSP_Rs.thumb.jpg.e305b61c11242bf64534bdf33c911f64.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, joscasle said:

Did Hasegawa drop the 1/48 Macross kits line? No new molds since the Super/Strike kits in 2013

I always wondered if the 1/48 line was pushing it... would be nice to get a YF-21 to go with the '19 though!

Edited by slide

They actually already released the 1/48 photo etched parts last month - I got my purchase notice for the VF-1 parts from HLJ on Sept 11. The VF-1 parts have already changed to Backordered status, so that batch seems to have gone quick. I’m waiting for the VF-1S/A model to arrive so I can have them shipped together, hopefully. It was due in October, so I’m not sure if they didn’t get enough to fill my order, or if they haven’t arrived yet.

• 1 month later...

Makina-Themed VF-31C and DD Ivanov's Sv-51 re-issue planned for late February. I'm actually surprised this VF-31C is returning to production very quickly. It must be peaking sales charts.

image.png.8b99537001d3ee0bfdcbc3773f691073.png

On 12/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, kajnrig said:

It sold out VERY quickly upon release, much more quickly than other, what I assumed would have been more popular, kits.

EDIT:

but also hasegawa seem to be doing second, third, fourth production runs more regularly recently

Although I didn't bleed money for this -31C, I'm super glad Hasegawa is doing more regular re-runs. It gave me the chance of getting kits that were cost-prohibitive on EBay. A good sign of higher sales... and a hint of more resources to be directed to new product development at some point in time. 

Still dreaming about getting the Moon Shooters' VF-22S. Luckily we'll have it this year (Kei Nagase's ASF-X is coming back to the shelves, so hopes are really high ! ).

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Whats this??

Couldn't help noticing it this morning as well, but Hasegawa hasn't announced the product line for March (nothing posted on Twitter either) as of this morning (EST).