Jump to content

Model Kit Collection Show It Off!!!


ChristopherB
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's awesome to see everyone's collection, Grayson 72 you definitely have one of the largest collections I know of and I love the list you made.  You mentioned how much you spent so far in your message to me, and I can believe!  Great looking stage coach as well, your friend is very lucky.

I've been spending most of my time collecting, but I really want to start building as well.  I used to do everything from Tamiya 1/16 full option tanks (built/painted) to R/C balsa wood Super Chipmunks & a B17 Flying Fortress, Japanese gas powered helicopters, hovercraft, R/C cars/bikes to every conceivable type of plastic model.  I've never tried my hand with resin kits, but I hope to soon.

Here are some newly acquired resin kits:

1.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie Perfect Variable
2.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-4G Lightning III Valkyrie Perfect Variable
3.) Yellow Submarine 1/100 VF-1S/A Strike Transformable
4.) Project AG 1/100 VF-1J Armored Gerwalk
5.) Experten YF-21 Omega One With Fold Booster High-Comical Transformable
6.) CoryDoras Works 1/144 VF-3000 Crusader Valkyrie
7.) TECT 1/144 YF-19 Valkyrie
8.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 Grade Up #6
9.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 High Grade Up Parts #11
10.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
11.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
12.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter

 

Macross Resin Kit Collection (7).jpg

Studio HalfEye 1-100 VF-4G Lightning III Variable Kit 1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

I've never tried my hand with resin kits, but I hope to soon.

You've got a huge stash there. 

I did my first resin models last year, so as a fellow newbie I suggest you start with the smaller non-transformable kits. You'll feel like a pro after you have a couple under your belt. Plus they are addictive as hell. Just wear a gas mask and work near an exhaust fan, because you will have a lot of sanding to do and the stuff is noxious.

Edited by arbit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, arbit said:

You've got a huge stash there. 

I did my first resin models last year, so as a fellow newbie I suggest you start with the smaller non-transformable kits. You'll feel like a pro after you have a couple under your belt. Plus they are addictive as hell. Just wear a gas mask and work near an exhaust fan, because you will have a lot of sanding to do and the stuff is noxious.

I find using coarse sanding pads/sticks/sandpaper works best, as you get curls/scours of resin instead of dust.

but dust sized particles are unavoidable, so still wear a mask as Arbit suggests... I should wear mine more often...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, ChristopherB said:

It's awesome to see everyone's collection, Grayson 72 you definitely have one of the largest collections I know of and I love the list you made.  You mentioned how much you spent so far in your message to me, and I can believe!  Great looking stage coach as well, your friend is very lucky.

I've been spending most of my time collecting, but I really want to start building as well.  I used to do everything from Tamiya 1/16 full option tanks (built/painted) to R/C balsa wood Super Chipmunks & a B17 Flying Fortress, Japanese gas powered helicopters, hovercraft, R/C cars/bikes to every conceivable type of plastic model.  I've never tried my hand with resin kits, but I hope to soon.

Here are some newly acquired resin kits:

1.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie Perfect Variable
2.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-4G Lightning III Valkyrie Perfect Variable
3.) Yellow Submarine 1/100 VF-1S/A Strike Transformable
4.) Project AG 1/100 VF-1J Armored Gerwalk
5.) Experten YF-21 Omega One With Fold Booster High-Comical Transformable
6.) CoryDoras Works 1/144 VF-3000 Crusader Valkyrie
7.) TECT 1/144 YF-19 Valkyrie
8.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 Grade Up #6
9.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 High Grade Up Parts #11
10.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
11.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
12.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter

 

Macross Resin Kit Collection (7).jpg

Studio HalfEye 1-100 VF-4G Lightning III Variable Kit 1.jpg

I'll have to dig them up but I recently got sent some 1/144 resin ghosts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, kajnrig said:

20170815_162758.thumb.jpg.0dfe02ae61d2024a852b59d455d77ae7.jpg

Just got this in the mail. It's not all Macross, but in the bottom right is a nice ol' 1/72 YF-29 resin kit (recast from a very limited-production conversion kit for the Bandai VF-25).

The resin quality is quite stellar for being a recast. I wish I could remember who the original sculptor was; I know E2046 makes and sells recasts of the original kit, but I got mine from shop2000, which includes the necessary VF-25 parts as resin recasts as well, making their version a complete kit.

http://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p17157810

and the E2046 version is SOOOOO bad mines still sitting in a corner while I try to decide of I'd be better off getting a Bandai VF-25 and just using the resin bits needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, NZEOD said:

and the E2046 version is SOOOOO bad mines still sitting in a corner while I try to decide of I'd be better off getting a Bandai VF-25 and just using the resin bits needed.

That's actually a pretty good idea.  Would the Hasegawa version work as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW!!!! Totally jealous over here!  I have wanted that Roy and the Southern Cross Red Bioroid and "Dana" for years but never found them cheap.  Also I want the "Flash Clapper" model, but it's not cheap either and hard to come by. I have built the Misa and Minmay figures.  That Glaug was a hellish build! Gotta love old 80's soft plastic..beware the arm attachment points!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of odd ducks...I have NEVER seen this before... it's on EvilBay right now..very interesting!  Looks like they tossed WWII kits and a Spartan kit in a box, made a new box and sold it back in the 80's!  

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARII-1-100-1-72-Macross-Diorama-Destroid-Spartan-Model-Kit-Robotech/232628115369?hash=item3629b757a9:g:~AEAAOSw9V1aWG24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2018 at 12:34 AM, derex3592 said:

I have NEVER seen this before... it's on EvilBay right now..very interesting!  Looks like they tossed WWII kits and a Spartan kit in a box, made a new box and sold it back in the 80's!

Oh yes, Arii made a whole series of 'em.

ar313-26b.jpg

ar312-24b.jpg

ar311-22b.jpg

ar314-28b.jpg

I'm surprised you haven't seen 'em on this site before, actually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 1:35 PM, Duymon said:

Maybe we should rename this thread"  Show off your backlog" :D

 

 Which I don’t think was the point of this tread..

So, let’s see if I can revive it some..

A663AFF9-6B86-45F2-A79C-A1DEA77D7F40.jpeg

B10DA1ED-ADBE-4023-B903-0ECC7EEEBD1C.jpeg

1A2B6B98-B390-4623-979C-86796AAB8085.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My collection

 

Brand Scale Model Kit State
Hasegawa 1/48 YF-19 Stach
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0B Stach
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25F/S Stach
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1 S/A Strike/Super Valkyrie Stach
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Max/Millia Super Valkyrie Stach
Hasegawa 1/72  VF-1J Hikaru  Gerwalk Stach
Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 TV Edition Crusier Mode Stach
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25G Super Mesiah Stach
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Valkyrie Stach
Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 Movie Edition Attack Mode WIP
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Valkyrie WIP
Hasegawa  1/48 VF-1S Skull Squadron WIP
Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 TV Edition Attack Mode Stach
Wave 1/72 VF-4 Stach
Bandai 1/72 Zentradi Regult Stach
Hasegawa  1/72 VF-11B Thundervolt Finised
Hasegawa  1/72 VF-11C Super Thundervolt Finised
Hasegawa  1/48 VF-1J Vermillion Squadron Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Type DYRL Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A Valkyrie Canon Fooder Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Super Batroid Max Type TV Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Batroid Hikaru Ichijo Type TV Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Miria TV Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Hikaru TV Finised
Hasegawa  1/4000 SDF-1 Movie Edition Crusier Mode Finised
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, joscasle said:

My collection

 

Brand Scale Model Kit State
Hasegawa 1/48 YF-19 Stach
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0B Stach
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25F/S Stach
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1 S/A Strike/Super Valkyrie Stach
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Max/Millia Super Valkyrie Stach
Hasegawa 1/72  VF-1J Hikaru  Gerwalk Stach
Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 TV Edition Crusier Mode Stach
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25G Super Mesiah Stach
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Valkyrie Stach
Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 Movie Edition Attack Mode WIP
Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1J Valkyrie WIP
Hasegawa  1/48 VF-1S Skull Squadron WIP
Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 TV Edition Attack Mode Stach
Wave 1/72 VF-4 Stach
Bandai 1/72 Zentradi Regult Stach
Hasegawa  1/72 VF-11B Thundervolt Finised
Hasegawa  1/72 VF-11C Super Thundervolt Finised
Hasegawa  1/48 VF-1J Vermillion Squadron Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Type DYRL Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A Valkyrie Canon Fooder Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Super Batroid Max Type TV Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Batroid Hikaru Ichijo Type TV Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Miria TV Finised
Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Hikaru TV Finised
Hasegawa  1/4000 SDF-1 Movie Edition Crusier Mode Finised

 

Have you shared all your finished builds with us? If not bust out the camera and start posting buddy!  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well, and there have been some great posts.   Let's keep it going, I'm enjoying seeing all the pictures!  Yes, this thread is for built Macross models and/or your collection of plastic/resin/vinyl kits.

I've been working on obtaining a few new items each month as my finances permit.  I'm really happy to have acquired some very rare Experten, I.H.P., Tanmen originals and Orange Collection resin kits.  Speaking of the Experten recast question, they were made in 1/100 scale previously although he's now switched to 1/72.  The kits have a lot of small fragile parts, so a recast wouldn't be very easy.  They're also still in business, so people try to only recast kits from companies no longer around.  With that said, there was a recast of the I.H.P. 1/100 YF-19 by a MW member.  Later there was a Liquid Stone version by the same sculptor, but not sure of the similarity to the Experten 1/100 YF-19.

Also, after many years I finally have my 1/100 VF-1 Armored Gerwalk, plus two built on display.  I'm almost finished with a list of my Macross model kits that I hope to post soon, and will try to include a group picture too.

Sincerely,

Christopher :hi:

PS: I previously posted the 2.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-4G Lightning III Valkyrie Perfect Variable , but I was able to obtain another.  That way I have one to build and one to save.  haha  The same goes for the S.H.E. 1/100 YF-19 & YF-21.  :lol:

 

Macross Resin Kit Collection (5).jpg

Edited by ChristopherB
Update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Club M 1/72 YF-19 commission, I hope you like it.  The clear parts included with these kits tend to yellow over time, so they had to be recast.  Fold booster and weapons can be removed/added as desired.  The last picture is from Club M to give a comparison.  Thanks!

Club M 1-72 YF-19 Finished 1.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-19 Finished 2.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-19 Finished 3.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-19 Finished 4.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-19 Finished 5.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-19 Finished 6.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-19 Original Picture 2.jpg

Club M 1/72 YF-21 commission.  The last pictures show the under armor and missiles painted the correct colors.  Enjoy!:

Club M 1-72 YF-21 Project 3.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-21 Project 8.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-21 Project 9.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-21 Project 11.jpg

Club M 1-72 YF-21 Project 12.jpg

Edited by ChristopherB
Additional model
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

My resin kits.

Have not build any resin kit before, not sure which one will be the first. Will continue with plastic injection kit until I have more experience to tackle one of these.

I also have the 1/72 monster and UD VF-1j 1/48 G-system recast. Those two are my Mount Everest. 

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 4:12 PM, kkx said:

My resin kits.

Have not build any resin kit before, not sure which one will be the first. Will continue with plastic injection kit until I have more experience to tackle one of these.

I also have the 1/72 monster and UD VF-1j 1/48 G-system recast. Those two are my Mount Everest. 

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

Nice !!

WOW! 1:72 Monster! I missed out on that run. Thing is huge!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Bolt said:

Nice !!

WOW! 1:72 Monster! I missed out on that run. Thing is huge!

Not sure if  I will ever build that. Need to find a good place to display it first. The dream is to add a lot of surface details and weather it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 10:51 PM, arbit said:

You've got a huge stash there. 

I did my first resin models last year, so as a fellow newbie I suggest you start with the smaller non-transformable kits. You'll feel like a pro after you have a couple under your belt. Plus they are addictive as hell. Just wear a gas mask and work near an exhaust fan, because you will have a lot of sanding to do and the stuff is noxious.

Just wet-sand everything (also gives a smoother finish). You only need a small bowl of water to dip the sandpaper into now and then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...