Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

7 hours ago, JB0 said:

I'm wondering if that one with the, ummm, bulging cockpit might have been trying to do that from the wrong direction. The front end bears a passing resemblance to the Logan from Southern Cross/Masters Saga.

Now there's an idea... "let's make it look like a relative of a design that was considered a nigh-useless flying coffin both in the original Southern Cross AND in Robotech".

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Now there's an idea... "let's make it look like a relative of a design that was considered a nigh-useless flying coffin both in the original Southern Cross AND in Robotech".

Well, you know what they say. A million monkeys throwing spaghetti at the wall are bound to paint the Mona Lisa eventually.

7 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Well, you know what they say. A million monkeys throwing spaghetti at the wall are bound to paint the Mona Lisa eventually.

Yes...but not anytime soon.

Not to mention that HG is an insult to primates everywhere...

28 minutes ago, JB0 said:

It's also equally probable that they're going to make a nice replica of that "Monkey Jesus" mural, or wind up printing a page from the New York Times.  The odds of coming up with something that people actually want to see are not very favorable. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

Does the mecha really matter if they they aren’t really used much in the comic beyond token appearances? Nova’s mom supposedly pilots one, but can you really tell at this point?

Not after you've used the comic to paper the bottom of a birdcage, no.

47 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Given the quality of the comic, I'm picturing the droppings looking below them, and falling up instead, because of some quantum string shenanigans that has to do with overly-massive concentrations of the stuff.

True, landing on a copy of Titan Comics' Robotech is a dire fate even for bird feces... but gravity is a terribly harsh mistress who doesn't play favorites.

It's not like the comic is fit for anything else apart from, perhaps, kindling.  It's certainly not meant to be read, except outside of the countries where the constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment.

15 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Gives new meaning to the term "prepare for fold". :p

Reminds me of a line from Blackadder Goes Forth... 

"Ah, yes, without question my favorite magazine; soft, strong, and thoroughly absorbent."

21 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I'm no aircraft engineer, but would the vertical stabilizers even do anything with all that stuff in front of it?

See, while I can agree that's a good point to make, I believe all relevant discussions over whether it would work at all fall out of importance before the weight of just how ugly the thing is.

When you design a craft that operates 99% on "rule of cool" you have to at least make the design attractive, or the entire point of the thing falls flat on its face. (See also: the bombers from TLJ :p)

8 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I'm no aircraft engineer, but would the vertical stabilizers even do anything with all that stuff in front of it?

No... but then, this "aircraft" clearly keeps itself in the air through the ground's sheer unwillingness to touch something so profoundly ugly.

Just a pet peeve of mine but I hate it when people interpret the VF-1 as having stupid thick wedge shaped LERXs because that's what the old 1/55s had; as if the old toys where at all accurate, or even that sleek looking.

I think the funniest part is when people actually model the old 1/55 leg swingbars right into the airframe, as if that's how the show shows them working, let alone how they would work on a full-sized aircraft.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see fan art that included giant-sized foot-diameter phillips-head screws sticking out at various points on their aircraft.

I will say it’s interesting. Sure can hate on it and name call , but I’d rather just say..

It’s interesting how Macross is constantly being referenced in this interview. It really triggers me. RT is NOT Macross. Why is it that they keep sucking off it so? (rhetorical..) 

I get that BF is a fan of Macross and up to date on it , but when he says something like Dana Sterling is a child of hero’s from the Macross arc, I get annoyed . Just keep it RT and go watch Macross 7 you ***! Oops , name called..:p

I will agree that RT’s. Nova would have been a better representation of the Genius offspring than DS. That would have made a much more interesting arc..but you did your best with what you got. I could say meaner things, but won’t.

ultimately, I feel like BF is trying to do good by his contemporaries in this cluster F**k while trying to reconcile the fact that it’s all a rip off from other people’s original work. Well , while the pay check rolls in, keep on keeping on..

Something none of these people are acknowledging is that it doesn’t matter how many twists and turns they attempt to gymnastics through , it’s all a rip off ..:search:Just stay away from Macross already!

Good luck BF. I hope it works out for you.

Maybe it’s working for RT fans that never heard of Macross (or don’t care, I know there’s plenty that don’t). But none of this works out for (this) Macross (fan)fans. 

(I haven’t mentioned the other 2 shows even..)

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I get that BF is a fan of Macross and up to date on it , but when he says something like Dana Sterling is a child of hero’s from the Macross arc, I get annoyed .

In fairness, HG has spent years calling part one of Robotech "The Macross Saga", so ... he can't really be blamed for this one?

I can’t help but think that the staff at Titan Comics did interviews with similar talking points as this BF guy years ago as this series started.  It might end up the same way story and quality-wise despite the overly positive outlook the creators have.

Oof, don’t want to be in BF’s shoes when his comic comes out after the Floating Head’s statement.

Edited by Einherjar

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the latest issue of this abomination is out.  And well, yep old school Robotech tracery comics are back, and really badly too.  But there is one bright note.  The last page ended with the following words:  TO BE CONCLUDED

This horrid series is about come to an end.  Though it does give birth to the latest atrocity first.

2 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Well, the latest issue of this abomination is out.  And well, yep old school Robotech tracery comics are back, and really badly too.  But there is one bright note.  The last page ended with the following words:  TO BE CONCLUDED

This horrid series is about come to an end.  Though it does give birth to the latest atrocity first.

Yep. I forget to put somepages today, beacuse my work.

But, don't worry, I post tomorrow XD

(And Yes, Why this crap still publiched?)

21 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

Old_Nash, knowing you please don’t start a new thread for the next comic.  Just rename the thread to encompass this era of the franchise.  For instance, the “We Don’t Care Anymore Chronicles.”

You mean Robotech Remix?

(Man, Why Tita don't start with this comic? The art are Much Better!)

26 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I think that foreground valk is straight off of an old Hasegawa box.  And Iknow we've seen that Super Valk in a million other places.

Of course, they're just inverted animation model sheets.  The SDF-1 is a dead giveaway -- they obviously forgot it was asymmetrical.  :bigshok:flipped.jpg.b43b615fac9b273ec87a8c884620ac94.jpg

Edited by tekering

5 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Rampant tracing is a Robotech tradition!  They're just showing how well they understand the source material. ;) 

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Rampant tracing is a Robotech tradition!  They're just showing how well they understand the source material. ;) 

I thought they were supposed to trace stuff they couldn't legally include. How is tracing stuff they actually have a license for showing an understanding of the source?!

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Wait?  Ending already.  Has there been any of the interpersonal relationships Macross was famous for in the comic?  If so it must have been one or two panels between toothy grins.

I think any semblance of a love triangle and character development the main three were supposed to have died with Captain Global and replaced with too much plot exposition and Furmanisms.