Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

7 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

Me too, except here the execution makes it look kind of trashy.

Well, it IS still the Titan Robotech comic. Pretty sure it is impossible for it to not look like some variant of trash.

12 hours ago, Keith said:

So Max & Milia are Eurotrash in this?

It's supposed to be a dream sequence, and supposed to be funny?  I don't know.  When the issue comes out play some dubstep in the background during the couple of pages that were wasted for this.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

Robotech #12

https://www.cbr.com/robotech-12/

And introducting  Rick Hunter The Chosen One!

Man, what'd we do to make you want to punish us with this stuff month after month? :p 

4 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

021_008.jpg

Sorry for my words, but...

MAS QUER PORRA É ESSA???

Ben has been killed by Miryia with a giant lance!!!!!

So everyone else gets a pilot suit made out of actual fabric, but Lisa's still rocking the body paint?

Also, did they forget to draw the temples on Max's glasses... or has this depressing dystopian spacefuture invented birth control pince-nez

The interior art has definitely improved, but it looks like they gave the old guy a cover as a farewell gift.  I wonder if the VFs will look any better with the new artist.  The Focker cover actually looks pretty cool.

13 hours ago, easnoddy said:

I died. Max has a soccer mullet.

Capture.PNG

I think they actually just flat out forgot to color in part of his hair there.

Also, for being able to see "EVERYTHING", Rick's magical technicolor vision sure is leaving out a bunch of details from the other panels... like the angular hallway they're in.. and the two people walking in front of him. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I think they actually just flat out forgot to color in part of his hair there.

Also, for being able to see "EVERYTHING", Rick's magical technicolor vision sure is leaving out a bunch of details from the other panels... like the angular hallway they're in.. and the two people walking in front of him. :lol:

Noticed that too did you?

13 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think you caught the big plot twist! He's not seeing the hallway and the people in front of him because he's seeing everything in front of him, and THEY'RE NOT REALLY THERE! It is all a VR simulation, and Ben is gonna come out of this JUST FINE for once!

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Did he just become The Lawnmower Man?

Yeah, that.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Is there some vague interpretation of the Geneva Convention that would qualify this comic as a war crime?  If not against the readers, than at least against the characters. :p 

Almost certainly.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Is there some vague interpretation of the Geneva Convention that would qualify this comic as a war crime?  If not against the readers, than at least against the characters. :p 

Well, Robotech is dead by any conventional standard of measure... the argument could be made that this sad mess of a comic constitutes boobytrapping a corpse.

18 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Well, Robotech is dead by any conventional standard of measure... the argument could be made that this sad mess of a comic constitutes boobytrapping a corpse.

But being Robotech is not the real reason its bad. 

The reason its bad is that its not even aimed at the  existing Robotech fans, but is instead just another totally warped and unnecessary reboot for Ztards. 

I'm pretty sure it's bad because it's Robotech. Just saying.

:edit:

Also, what the heck is a ztard? Some sort of derogatory slur against Zentradi fanboys? The technical term for someone who likes Zor?

Edited by anime52k8

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

But being Robotech is not the real reason its bad. 

Oh, being Robotech absolutely IS the reason it's bad... just not in the specific sense you mean.

Robotech is, by any reasonable standard, a failed 80's cartoon property that is long past its use-by date and is largely only remembered for its epic amounts of legal baggage.  Having a 100% failure rate in sequel and spinoff development over the last three decades left Robotech in a position where it has neither the money nor the brand awareness to draw competent people to the franchise.  The creative staff managing the franchise is understaffed, underfunded, and hopelessly untalented.  Consequently, the licensees the brand attracts are indie or incompetent, often both, and the few that aren't are totally phoning it in because Robotech just isn't a big enough deal for them to bother actually trying.

Titan is arguably in the latter category, as they're clearly not giving this comic their A-game... or their B-game.  It's actually come up a bit, but for the first dozen or so issues it was down around Q.

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

The reason its bad is that its not even aimed at the  existing Robotech fans, but is instead just another totally warped and unnecessary reboot for Ztards. 

Oh my, no.  No no no.  They are ABSOLUTELY aiming this comic at existing Robotech fans.

Existing Robotech fans are the only group that can be counted on to pick up this sad nostalgia circlejerk of a comic book under any circumstances.  The only other reason anyone would look up this dreadful tome is for topics like this, where we can go "Gather 'round, gather 'round!  Everyone look at the freak!". :p 

39 minutes ago, hachi said:

So, this comic has lost its 'grittiness'? :lol:

If the dialogue is any indication, that's a resounding "yes."

crud.thumb.jpg.9de4bd0816521947b42a0e939af68cac.jpg

"Piece of crud?"

At least the art has significantly improved.