Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

56 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

There are apparently multiple timelines and universes merging together, ugh.

Basically, it's reached the point where it is a literal bad crossover fic... Titan's big finish to this industrial accident at the sewage treatment plant is to throw in a reference to every major incarnation of Robotech over the years, including ones HG lost the rights to or disowned, so they're all parallel universes in one big multiverse.

It's like watching a beaten spouse wimper to their abuser that they can change if only the hitting stops.

12 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Basically, it's reached the point where it is a literal bad crossover fic... Titan's big finish to this industrial accident at the sewage treatment plant is to throw in a reference to every major incarnation of Robotech over the years, including ones HG lost the rights to or disowned, so they're all parallel universes in one big multiverse.

It's like watching a beaten spouse wimper to their abuser that they can change if only the hitting stops.

I predict, they will all end up merging at some point into "the only timeline that will survive" where everyone lives, the SDF-1 is fine and the Earth becomes an even bigger power then in the Macross sequels.  But, Rick will marry Minmei, Lisa will marry Karl (if he lives), Roy and Claudia will get their happier ever after, Max will marry his wingman girl instead (assuming they don't find a way to turn Myria), etc... add nausea!!!  (and yes I meant to write it that way)

35 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I predict, they will all end up merging at some point into "the only timeline that will survive" where everyone lives, the SDF-1 is fine and the Earth becomes an even bigger power then in the Macross sequels.  But, Rick will marry Minmei, Lisa will marry Karl (if he lives), Roy and Claudia will get their happier ever after, Max will marry his wingman girl instead (assuming they don't find a way to turn Myria), etc... add nausea!!!  (and yes I meant to write it that way)

Nah, status quo is god to Robotech... they'll just close the time loop they set up with the first issue and it all starts over again.

2 hours ago, Knight26 said:

There are apparently multiple timelines and universes merging together, ugh.

One from Robotech: The Movie.

Another of Robotech 3000

And the last from Shadow Chronicles.

Or, they use this temporal pileup to reboot the entire franchise in a future free from copyright infringement?

I know that's not what they will do, because it would fail hilariously, but I'd still love to see them try. :lol: 

I didn't realize how close this actually is to the one TNG episode where all of the alternate timelines merge, but because of how many sources Robotech has farmed its content from, it's more like that episode, but the sector full of Enterprises is joined by the Prime Universe version, plus the Kelvin version, plus a few star destroyers, a small fleet of whitestars, battlestars, and basestars, plus the odd squadron of space-faring Spitfires.

Edited by Chronocidal

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Or, they use this temporal pileup to reboot the entire franchise in a future free from copyright infringement?

I know that's not what they will do, because it would fail hilariously, but I'd still love to see them try. :lol: 

I didn't realize how close this actually is to the one TNG episode where all of the alternate timelines merge, but because of how many sources Robotech has farmed its content from, it's more like that episode, but the sector full of Enterprises is joined by the Prime Universe version, plus the Kelvin version, plus a few star destroyers, a small fleet of whitestars, battlestars, and basestars, plus the odd squadron of space-faring Spitfires. 

And a couple of Bucks Roger, one of whom is just shaking his head and going "Not this again.".

10 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Except I suspect that the noble institution of marriage may be at odds with the feminist subtext.

9 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

, status quo is god to Robotech... they'll just close the time loop they set up with the first issue and it all starts over again.

If the status quo was God to them then they've just wasted everyone's time, including their own.

All they had to do was seriously upgrade the art.

Edited by Podtastic

20 hours ago, Einherjar said:

... kill the idiosyncratic point.  I just saved you years worth of buildup.

In fact, just buy a copy of Orguss from Discotek.

This.  Just this.  Buy Orguss.  It's way better than this sad mess we're looking at.

Shiroi yami no naka de...

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Sounds like the setup for a Twilight Zone episode...

"In a world gone mad where cats bark, dogs meow, and Robotech develops its own original content..." :rofl: 

11 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Except I suspect that the noble institution of marriage may be at odds with the feminist subtext.

I don't think feminism is on the menu, considering the kind of people Titan's had working on the book.

If the status quo was God to them then they've just wasted everyone's time, including their own.

If you distilled the Robotech franchise's entire history down to four words, they'd be "just wasting everyone's time".  

They haven't accomplished a goddamn thing in 34 years, what makes you think they'd start now?

All they had to do was seriously upgrade the art.

Y'see, that takes effort... and if Titan wants to turn a profit on this turd, they have to do as little actual work as possible to keep costs down. :rofl: 

Spoiler Alert for Issue 19 May 2019

Spoiler

1.  Admiral Hayes fires the grand canon and destroys 70% of Dolza’s fleet.  Dolza folds out of harms way.

2.  Dolza destroys Brussels, Belgium.  The remainder of his fleet and mecha assault all of Earth for a smaller rain of death than in the original timeline.

3.  Khyron urges Azonia to execute a coup d’etat against Dolza.

4.  Minmei discovers she has the power to be taken completely literally and compel people to tell the truth.

5.  Minmei, Kyle, and Rick realize the three spies are requesting asylum.

6.  The micronized Breetai, Exedore, Kazianna, and Miriya travel to the SDF-1.

7.  Admiral Hayes ponders a mysterious person in a stasis chamber in Alaska Base.

19 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

Spoiler Alert for Issue 19 May 2019

... is it even possible to spoil a completely incoherent story?

What Titan Comics did with this series is the literary equivalent of a game of Calvinball.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

27 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

4.  Minmei discovers she has the power to be taken completely literally and compel people to tell the truth.

She threatens to sing to them

Yeah, I'm giving away a "spoiler"

Well, it's the Robotech Minmei, so it'd certainly be like...

make-it-stop.gif

Really don’t know how the comic book industry works, but I don’t think it’s a good sign that Internet promotional pieces are already spoiling the story breaking time/space shenanigans with the comic months/years before those actual issues come out.  Until now I assumed that the cast had already been transported to what might as well be called hell.

Edited by Einherjar

2 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Until now I assumed that the cast had already been transported to what might as well be called hell.

Given the horrendous "I'm passing a cluster kidney stone!" facial expressions on most of the characters half the time, I thought they've just been there the whole time.  Appropriate really, considering how the entire franchise seems to lodged in some demon's urinary tract.

11 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Really don’t know how the comic book industry works, but I don’t think it’s a good sign that Internet promotional pieces are already spoiling the story breaking time/space shenanigans with the comic months/years before those actual issues come out.  Until now I assumed that the cast had already been transported to what might as well be called hell.

The plot doesn't make any sense anyway... so what can they possibly spoil?  It's almost Dadaist in its complete devotion to being nonsense.

I haven't read this thread since Dec 2018. I just read up to present in the last hour. It was painful but i just could not stop reading like watching a train wreck. This comic is batshit crazy. I can't believe Simon Furman is writing this. When did he become such a bad writer? I loved his TF stuff. I'm going to bed. My mind id jello.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

I haven't read this thread since Dec 2018. I just read up to present in the last hour. It was painful but i just could not stop reading like watching a train wreck. This comic is batshit crazy. I can't believe Simon Furman is writing this. When did he become such a bad writer? I loved his TF stuff. I'm going to bed. My mind id jello. 

Either Furman is working under terrible editors, he's phoning in the absolute laziest work he's ever done for the paycheck, or this is all some bizarre blackmail attempt to ruin his name if he doesn't pay them one million dollars MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Read Furman's Transformers: Re:Generation One (or whatever it was called... from like 5 years ago, when he continued his original run from the Marvel TF at IDW, as opposed to his early world-building IDW stuff). He's been phoning in garbage for a while now.

31 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Read Furman's Transformers: Re:Generation One (or whatever it was called... from like 5 years ago, when he continued his original run from the Marvel TF at IDW, as opposed to his early world-building IDW stuff). He's been phoning in garbage for a while now.

Furman has never, ever had great work- true; his stuff has always been all over the place- absolutelyno structurein his writing or world building.

My favorite books of his was literally TF: G2 #1, that's it. 

For him to be taking on the mess that is Robowreck, just to make it more a disaster; I dont know what to compare it too. It's all just not good.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:37 AM, RavenHawk said:

I did; he pretty much ruined the G1 comic by trying to "continue" it. I simply dismiss his later "work" and don't bother with it.

1 hour ago, Einherjar said:

After all these years, I learned one way how to make an animated gif.

Enjoy, I guess.

isntsheNEAT attack.jpg

Has anyone noticed that Minmei looks like a dude in drag in this version? O.o

13 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Has anyone noticed that Minmei looks like a dude in drag in this version? O.o

Five'll get you twenty the picture they traced to do that panel was a dude.

1 minute ago, pengbuzz said:

ROFL!

That wasn't a joke... almost every panel in this sh*t-awful mess seems to be traced from somewhere.  Titan apparently doesn't think this series is important enough to bother actually drawing the characters themselves, they just trace over shots of models and stills from movies and TV shows, which seems to be why there are so many unnatural-looking poses and facial expressions.

Honestly, the face she's making there kind of reminds me of the laughing Tom Cruise meme.

8 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That wasn't a joke... almost every panel in this sh*t-awful mess seems to be traced from somewhere.  Titan apparently doesn't think this series is important enough to bother actually drawing the characters themselves, they just trace over shots of models and stills from movies and TV shows, which seems to be why there are so many unnatural-looking poses and facial expressions.

Honestly, the face she's making there kind of reminds me of the laughing Tom Cruise meme.

I know...that's why I'm laughing so hard!

It reminds me of the comic "artist" (tracer) Greg Land, whose work is essentially tracing model pics and simply altering them for his X-Men stints (amongst others).

Edited by pengbuzz