Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

On 1/16/2019 at 2:33 PM, Chronocidal said:

Lynn Kyle as played by He Man in a wig?

It's really hilarious, every time they put out a few good panels of mecha action, the characters turn into wax dummies.

Far as the story goes.... you know what this reminds me of?  As long as we're messing with stable time loops, I think they've decided to go the Sea Lab 2021 route, where every new iteration becomes further and further deformed.  Maybe they'll send off the entire Robotech universe by having every generation imprisoned in a gym and playing volleyball for eternity, while He Man Hunter and Minmay the Hutt make out under the bleachers.

That was a dude?  I thought it was a really badly drawn chick,

3 hours ago, BlackRose said:

The art style changes so much because of all the tracing it feels like the comic book version of Movie 43.

Artists’ availability varies so having the artwork change for a time doesn’t irk me. Just be thankful you don’t have to laugh at the story then puke at the artwork of a character looking like they’re having trouble using the bathroom. You can laugh and laugh some more at semi-tolerable artwork. 

On 1/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, Einherjar said:

For anyone taking this more seriously than they should, have you seen any Furmanisms in the comic book?

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Furmanism

What kind of a sadist are you, expecting us to read these a second time to look for Furmanisms?

(and no, I didn't notice any the first time through, but I wasn't really looking; I was too caught up in how far his writing has fallen)

On 1/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, Einherjar said:

For anyone taking this more seriously than they should, have you seen any Furmanisms in the comic book?

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Furmanism

Reading the dialog once was one time too many... 

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

What kind of a sadist are you, expecting us to read these a second time to look for Furmanisms?

(and no, I didn't notice any the first time through, but I wasn't really looking; I was too caught up in how far his writing has fallen)

I think it is a blackmail attempt. They wrote their own mess, and told Furman they'd put his name on it unless he paid up.

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Shouldn’t the fact that Furmanisms are a thing be a clue about the quality of a guy’s writing, even if fans are kind of crazy over there?  But to be fair, I looked into it to get an idea what kind of people would come up with my memorable quote from the comic so far.  It was probably, hopefully, not him.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:08 AM, BlackRose said:

I can't believe this book is still going.

The art style changes so much because of all the tracing it feels like the comic book version of Movie 43.

I saw the comic in a local bookstore and I was surprised. But considering this was shown locally as Robotech here then there definitely could be fans who don't know Macross who would  buy this. T_T

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Old_Nash said:

Another Month, another visual torture...

Robotech #17

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-robotech-17/

As gritty reboots go, this one was silly from the outset... it's lost the plot so completely that it's impossible to tell if they're doing this crap ironically or not.

Just now, Old_Nash said:

And again, who buys this comic?

Spoiler

Image result for cenobite hellraiser

It really is entertaining to watch, honestly.  I've probably quoted that Calvin and Hobbes strip with the airliner, train, earthquake, and gas leak all converging on a poor farmer's house here before.  This is kind of like that, but it's happening at a clown convention, the airliner is a C-5 full of cream pies, and the train is full of feathers and confetti.

I know I haven't read the last few issues, but in the summary,"The fight led to Miriya... unleashing Invid warriors on Macross City as a distraction..."

Huh?

If they've actually circled back around to self-deprecating humor about their own incomprehensibly unstable art, I have to give them slight credit.

Slight.

On the other hand, if they push the nonsense and fourth wall abuse much further, I fully expect the final issue to consist of Deadpool stealing Voltron to go back in time and kill Carl Macek before the entire mess happens.  I actually think that would be a fitting end to the franchise.

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I know I haven't read the last few issues, but in the summary,"The fight led to Miriya... unleashing Invid warriors on Macross City as a distraction..."

Huh?

Your reading this? 

You must be very well informed as to what’s ..going on..

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

On the other hand, if they push the nonsense and fourth wall abuse much further, I fully expect the final issue to consist of Deadpool stealing Voltron to go back in time and kill Carl Macek before the entire mess happens.  I actually think that would be a fitting end to the franchise.

Another great paradox in the making..

Sounds awesome!

3 hours ago, JB0 said:

No one has anything to say about letting the micronians "reap the whirlwind"? We've got a much-requested furmanism!

Ugh, so there are possibly 23 other stock quotes of his in this comic.  Any involving a knife is probably a given.

Looking at the wiki page again.  ”Worst case of indigestion (x) ever had.”  Seriously? :blink:

Edited by Einherjar
And I thought Tommy Yune was bad at dialogue.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Robotech-17-pg-2.jpg.1a4b8234256aa0959459f11e9f305782.jpg

Why is Professor X working for the Zentraedi? 

Don't you know? That's the Sh'iar empire he's helping.  Lilandra is getting a break down of Earth's defense against the Phoenix force.

14 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Don't you know? That's the Sh'iar empire he's helping.  Lilandra is getting a break down of Earth's defense against the Phoenix force.

Then Earth would have no chance at all.

Seriously, Dolza now knows about the Grand Cannon and it will surely be his first target.  I'd say its not looking good for the micronians...but this story is so warped from the original that I would just be speculating. MB the Invid will arrive to distract the Zentraedi or something.:blink:

2 hours ago, tekering said:

As the interior art improves, the Waltrip brothers' cover makes a mockery of it.

Robotech-17-Cover-C.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=

I view the cover as more of a throwback than a mockery. The writing, however... that's a different story (no pun intended).

22 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I view the cover as more of a throwback than a mockery. The writing, however... that's a different story (no pun intended).

I know if I saw a book with cover art that badly drawn, there'd be no way I'd be willing to pick it up.

Like the song goes, "it was acceptable in the 80's"... but today, you can find art of substantially higher quality from high schoolers on DeviantArt.  Someone who doesn't know who Jason and John Waltrip are would be left to wonder if they farmed the cover out to an unpaid intern.  Normally one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in comics the cover is what's supposed to promote the book.  It won't matter how good or bad the contents are if the packaging screams "this is amateur hour".

I mean, they are trying to market this book to someone besides just Robotech fans right?