Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

Well, I'm certain HG would never EVER try to legal against the mouse. The end results would appear next season on Law & Order: SUV...

2 hours ago, TehPW said:

Well, I'm certain HG would never EVER try to legal against the mouse. The end results would appear next season on Law & Order: SUV...

Man, that would be amazing, though.

Especially if we take it literally. They sue over that one Mickey Mouse toy that turns into Optimus Prime. Claim it is a ripoff of their patented veritechnology or some crap.

And then DARKNESS FALLS UPON THEIR REALM.

On 12/14/2017 at 3:02 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

The ghost dude, who is presumably the Robotech equivalent of Macross's Riber Fruhling.

Misa has several trippy hallucinations about Riber during her short visit to Salla Base in Macross the First.  You are correct that in the original Macross version, Mars Base Salla had been deliberately abandoned by the UN Forces and the fleet returning the base personnel to Earth was ambushed and destroyed by the Oberth-class space destroyer Tsiolkovsky on 8 September 2005, killing a total 3,055 people.  (Hunting down and destroying the hijacked destroyer was what made Global famous and probably got him a job commanding the SDF-1.)

The event badly-drawn Britai is referring to in the Robotech comic above is in a sidestory mini-comic that was included in the DC/Wildstorm Robotech: Invasion comic in the faint hope that having some Macross Saga stuff might prop up sales.  It told a version of Mars Base's abandonment that was very different from Macross's.  That comic, entitled Mars Base One, depicted an unrecorded-in-history conflict in which a single Zentradi medium-scale gunboat found the Sol system years before Britai's fleet.  The ship folded into Mars orbit and attacked Mars Base, and the base commanders ordered an evacuation which was brought rather abruptly to an end when the evacuation ship was destroyed and the Zentradi ship was destroyed in turn by a prototype Grand Cannon system, leaving Riber the sole survivor of the base and stranded on Mars indefinitely... at which point he wanders off into the Martian desert to die for no clear reason despite having working radio systems, a crapload of food and supplies, and life support that'd last years.

That side story was actually pretty cool  - focusing on the Zentraedi visuals that is. ( I didnt even notice the Riber thing because I don't give a damn about the humans.)

Some of those Robotech comics such as Warriors, Return to Macross and Love and War depicted the Zentraedi designs quite  nicely.

It just drives home how stunningly bad the current re-imagined-for-millenialtards crap is.

Edited by Podtastic
context

14 hours ago, Gerli said:

Midiclorians all over again....

Nah, "the shapings of the protoculture" makes midichlorians seem incredibly well thought-out and logical by comparison.  

(Let's just say there wasn't a lot of surprise when the "Jack McKinney" novels landed on HG's 2006 list of licensee-produced material being disowned from Robotech's official setting because it wasn't able to meet Harmony Gold's own post-reboot standards for quality.  When you consider that THIS unholy mess of a comic apparently meets those "lofty" standards, that says a lot about how utterly awful the novels were.  End of the Circle is right up there with the Star Wars Holiday Special for its cringeworthy nonsense factor.)

Considering how pants-on-head stupid this new comic has been, I can't imagine it's going to be all that much better... though at least they're ripping off something of actual quality (e.g. Macross the First).

11 hours ago, TehPW said:

In the legal system, spurious intellectual property lawsuits are considered especially heinous. In Los Angeles, the dedicated detectives who investigate these terminally idiotic offenders are members of an elite squad known as the Special Morons Unit. These are their stories.

Cut, print, sell it to NBC and tell them we found next season's flagship show.

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

That side story was actually pretty cool  - focusing on the Zentraedi visuals that is. ( I didnt even notice the Riber thing because I don't give a damn about the humans.)

Well, yes... I suppose if you overlook the awful story, the mediocre tracing-heavy art, and the lame premise, it could be mistaken for interesting... at midnight... on an unlit street... in the middle of a London fog... at fifty paces... if one was blackout drunk and wearing opaque sunglasses.

(Long story short, my dissenting opinion is that at my drunkest I wouldn't use that comic to wrap a street cart kebab.  No matter how suspect the meat, the kebab doesn't deserve to touch something that horrible.)

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

It just drives home how stunningly bad the current re-imagined-for-millenialtards crap is.

Very little has changed, really, apart from the art style.  They're still tracing like crazy, the art is dreadful, the writing is appalling...

Lucas apparently had the idea for midi-chlorians way back in ‘77. It was in the “universe” reference notes he wrote for authors of Star Wars novels. He didn’t think the first movie had enough runtime to properly mention them. 

15 hours ago, Sildani said:

Lucas apparently had the idea for midi-chlorians way back in ‘77. It was in the “universe” reference notes he wrote for authors of Star Wars novels. He didn’t think the first movie had enough runtime to properly mention them. 

They were mentioned a few times in the novels, heck Luke even had a device that detected force users in a novel done back just after the OT. I want to say it was in Splinter of a Minds Eye, but it doesn't sound right. Will wiki later.

2 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Because the Simpsons dental plan video would be too easy at this point, I think the big secret about this comic is that someone working on it has a teeth fetish (odontophilia).

I'm NOT gonna click that link... NOPE NO NUNCA NI EN PEDO....

11 minutes ago, Gerli said:

I'm NOT gonna click that link... NOPE NO NUNCA NI EN PEDO....

First thing I did was obviously clicking that link!!! No need to worry, just google search engine with Urban Dictionary as first result.

This definition made me spill my coffe 1- licking your partner's teeth 

59 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

First thing I did was obviously clicking that link!!! No need to worry, just google search engine with Urban Dictionary as first result.

This definition made me spill my coffe 1- licking your partner's teeth 

I saw more this act in some MLP hentai fanarts...

On 12/18/2017 at 6:05 PM, Valkyrie Driver said:

Indeed. I wouldn't use this comic for toilet paper... Even in the desperate need of the same after Taco Tuesday at the chow hall...

It says an awful lot about the brand that this disasterpiece is being touted as a huge step up for the brand...

12 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Because the Simpsons dental plan video would be too easy at this point, I think the big secret about this comic is that someone working on it has a teeth fetish (odontophilia).

I'm just going to step into this corner and scream for a bit, do let me know when the horror has ended.

On 12/17/2017 at 12:00 AM, TehPW said:

ICE-T: They call it Protoculture. It's a mix of Ranch dressing and marijuana. Guy takes it and ends up running around saying that he's Scott Bernard, and looking for Rick Hunter.

On 17/12/2017 at 7:15 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Nah, "the shapings of the protoculture" makes midichlorians seem incredibly well thought-out and logical by comparison.  

(Let's just say there wasn't a lot of surprise when the "Jack McKinney" novels landed on HG's 2006 list of licensee-produced material being disowned from Robotech's official setting because it wasn't able to meet Harmony Gold's own post-reboot standards for quality.  When you consider that THIS unholy mess of a comic apparently meets those "lofty" standards, that says a lot about how utterly awful the novels were.  End of the Circle is right up there with the Star Wars Holiday Special for its cringeworthy nonsense factor.)

Considering how pants-on-head stupid this new comic has been, I can't imagine it's going to be all that much better... though at least they're ripping off something of actual quality (e.g. Macross the First).

In the legal system, spurious intellectual property lawsuits are considered especially heinous. In Los Angeles, the dedicated detectives who investigate these terminally idiotic offenders are members of an elite squad known as the Special Morons Unit. These are their stories.

Cut, print, sell it to NBC and tell them we found next season's flagship show.

Well, yes... I suppose if you overlook the awful story, the mediocre tracing-heavy art, and the lame premise, it could be mistaken for interesting... at midnight... on an unlit street... in the middle of a London fog... at fifty paces... if one was blackout drunk and wearing opaque sunglasses.

(Long story short, my dissenting opinion is that at my drunkest I wouldn't use that comic to wrap a street cart kebab.  No matter how suspect the meat, the kebab doesn't deserve to touch something that horrible.)

Very little has changed, really, apart from the art style.  They're still tracing like crazy, the art is dreadful, the writing is appalling...

There hasn't been a plot I considered worthwhile since the the SF and fantasy novels of the 80's.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:58 PM, BeyondTheGrave said:

ICE-T: They call it Protoculture. It's a mix of Ranch dressing and marijuana. Guy takes it and ends up running around saying that he's Scott Bernard, and looking for Rick Hunter.

He actually has nerd cred.  He worked on a Dungeons & Dragons audiobook.

• 3 weeks later...

Robotech #6

The most best art in this comic...

The cast (the most ugly art cast ever)

So... Realy that is rick?

Robotech Version of Ghost of "Carl" Macek

Sargent Mostard in the Street with hands

"General Kenobi, I need your help"

... why do people keep buying these comics?  If they really want to make themselves suffer, couldn't they just do something more sensible like get a minimum-wage service industry job, eat a bucket of laundry detergent pods, or swallow barbed wire, pull the other end out of their rectums, and floss themselves to death?

I swear the art is getting worse with every panel.

36 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

... why do people keep buying these comics?  If they really want to make themselves suffer, couldn't they just do something more sensible like get a minimum-wage service industry job, eat a bucket of laundry detergent pods, or swallow barbed wire, pull the other end out of their rectums, and floss themselves to death?

I swear the art is getting worse with every panel.

Ouch. Too gruesome. :lol: 

The artist's website
http://angryjim.com/?cat=6

I know, when I'm wanting to hire an artist for a mecha heavy comic I hire a guy who used to do Adventure Time level of artwork.  Some of his less cartoony line work looks ok, but then whoever they hired as inker and colorist killed it.

1 hour ago, azrael said:

It was never good to begin with.

Granted, but with panels from this cropping up here and on several Facebook groups showing the ongoing deterioration of the art I'm starting to suspect this is a clandestine project on Titan's part to build a summer house in the Uncanny Valley. :p 

I'm just waiting for Minmei's face in that mid-right panel to become a meme.  That expression is glorious.

Also, if I didn't know any better, I think the art problem they're having with the Val-.. uh, Veritechs, is that someone bought a VF-0 model as a reference. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Also, if I didn't know any better, I think the art problem they're having with the Val-.. uh, Veritechs, is that someone bought a VF-0 model as a reference. :lol: 

Someone did... the CG art they stole and later got retroactive permission to use was transparently modeled on a VF-0, to the extent that the original model has the VF-0B/D head.