Revoltech Everything

Mommar

On 12/28/2019 at 4:52 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

It's an existing transforming toy, just with the colors shifted and a unit 01 head attached to it.

Sadly, the transformable toy is quite profoundly lame.

shin-seiki-evangelion-shinkansen-henkei-

The upcoming Revoltech figure has much better proportions, but doesn't transform.

4537807090157_84fe2dc1498c2dfc03ba628ede

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 11:33 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

Sadly, the [Shinkalion x Evangelion] transformable toy is quite profoundly lame.

"Shinji, deploy the Adjustable Spanner of Longinus!"

"Sure thing, Misato -- as soon as I stop tripping over my own skirt-plates."

7 minutes ago, Lexomatic said:

"Shinji, deploy the Adjustable Spanner of Longinus!"

"Sure thing, Misato -- as soon as I stop tripping over my own skirt-plates."

Still, they're not as bad as those on the YF-21. It's why I prefer the shorter plates of the in-development Bandai DX, but I digress. I wonder if the Revoltech folks are prohibited from making this thing transformable, as that would step a bit on Takara's toes. It'd be cool if Takara made a fully transformable MP level fig of this, as a one-off. I'd be tempted. 

Personally, I've always thought an aircraft alt would be more suitable to the Eva, if one was to reimagine it as a transformable mech, especially with those large shoulder armor bits- nice little winglets.

3 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Still, they're not as bad as those on the YF-21. It's why I prefer the shorter plates of the in-development Bandai DX, but I digress. I wonder if the Revoltech folks are prohibited from making this thing transformable, as that would step a bit on Takara's toes. It'd be cool if Takara made a fully transformable MP level fig of this, as a one-off. I'd be tempted. 

Personally, I've always thought an aircraft alt would be more suitable to the Eva, if one was to reimagine it as a transformable mech, especially with those large shoulder armor bits- nice little winglets.

I wish I still had this picture to share of Evangelion VFs.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I love these Revoltech's.. There's really not much need for ver 2.0 actually, since current ones are already so good. But then again, when I think about how much prices have gone up even for straight re-issues, ver 2.0 look like the right move. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

I love these Revoltech's.. There's really not much need for ver 2.0 actually, since current ones are already so good. But then again, when I think about how much prices have gone up even for straight re-issues, ver 2.0 look like the right move. 

The first Spider-Man (No.002) is currently Y7800 at HLJ. So it's still cheaper than the upcoming Ver.2.0. However, aside from the price differences (probably due to the accessories), the Ver.2.0 design is based on the Parker Industries Suit.

Ok the current reissue is only about 10% more than the original release.

Still speculating though, with costs going up steeply, another straight reissue might be much pricier than the current Y7800. So they could be making it more palatable by updating it to a v2.

Although I wonder if they announced it too soon, as the current one was just only re-issued in July.

29 minutes ago, MKT said:

Ok the current reissue is only about 10% more than the original release.

Still speculating though, with costs going up steeply, another straight reissue might be much pricier than the current Y7800. So they could be making it more palatable by updating it to a v2.

Although I wonder if they announced it too soon, as the current one was just only re-issued in July.

My bad. I just realize that the first 3 releases including reissues were only Y5000 something. And on the 4th reissue which is the July 2022 one, price went up.

Yeah. Prices nowadays are getting crazier. Not to mention the additional shipping costs. :( 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

My bad. I just realize that the first 3 releases including reissues were only Y5000 something. And on the 4th reissue which is the July 2022 one, price went up.

Yeah. Prices nowadays are getting crazier. Not to mention the additional shipping costs. :( 

It feels like it wasn’t that long ago when you could get these for less than twenty bucks. They have gotten larger and more detailed though since then.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...