Arcadia Premium Finish Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J

davidwhangchoi

silly me. i wasn't paying attention to this DP thing until you guys brought it up.

so out of curiosity, i clicked on "Summon Discount Power"  just to see how much discount i could get. to my surprise (and panic) there was no preview of what % that would amount to, and no confirmation screen at all to check that i didn't click on that button accidentally. it just went straight to lodging in my "request". now i'm thinking how many times i might have accidentally clicked on it in the past and let all those discount vouchers lapse.

anyway, i got 6%, but now i have nothing to buy as what i want are either already on order or on my watchlist waiting for availability.

i wonder if i can cancel my M&M PF and SDF-1 PF, then re-order them together and apply the discount? maybe throw in another VF-31C for good measure

23 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

silly me. i wasn't paying attention to this DP thing until you guys brought it up.

so out of curiosity, i clicked on "Summon Discount Power"  just to see how much discount i could get. to my surprise (and panic) there was no preview of what % that would amount to, and no confirmation screen at all to check that i didn't click on that button accidentally. it just went straight to lodging in my "request". now i'm thinking how many times i might have accidentally clicked on it in the past and let all those discount vouchers lapse.

anyway, i got 6%, but now i have nothing to buy as what i want are either already on order or on my watchlist waiting for availability.

i wonder if i can cancel my M&M PF and SDF-1 PF, then re-order them together and apply the discount? maybe throw in another VF-31C for good measure

The code is good for several months as I recall, so don't worry too much about it. You might be able to get the discount applied to an existing order via contacting customer support though.

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i got my coupon but it was only 2% i used it on both Max and miria premium edition to give me double the discount. 

I still need to figure out the dp and the level difference that will give you the maximum amount of discount .

38 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

Wow 6% , thats the highest i have seen.  For some reason i always get a 3 or 3.5%.

They should show the expire date too , normally its close to a year

45 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The code is good for several months as I recall, so don't worry too much about it. You might be able to get the discount applied to an existing order via contacting customer support though.

thanks for the tip! i'll try that and report back.

29 minutes ago, F360 said:

I still need to figure out the dp and the level difference that will give you the maximum amount of discount .

Wow 6% , thats the highest i have seen.  For some reason i always get a 3 or 3.5%.

well, it is my first time clicking on the DP button (i think) and i did have several $k purchases with NY, so the accumulated DPs probably did it. if anything, i felt i should've gotten more, but i think a lot of my shopping binges didn't earn DPs (or were at reduced DP) as they typically are sale items. can't complain though when the discount is 40% on high value items, particularly the Fewture stuff.

so i had 62DP and it seems they divide that by 10 then rounded down to 6%. but seeing you guys had 0.5%, they probably round down to the nearest 0.5, which means that if you had 1-4 or 6-9 DPs, might as well wait till you make the next 5 or 10 before claiming the discount.

still no idea on how the LVLs or EXPs factor into all these.

3 hours ago, recon said:

Damn why they did not started these changes when they release the strike/super sets for the VF-1S

Arcadia should've done this the moment they started reissuing and charge us more for those old VF-1's 4 years ago. ;)

I'm gonna be that guy and complain that they're not necessary.  The only thing screw covers ever accomplished for me was making absolutely sure I had to permanently damage a product before I could take it apart to adjust the tightness of a joint, or clean a jagged seam, or something. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

I am disappointed Arcadia only chose this time to roll out these fixes. They should really have done them when reissuing them from the start. As a collector I want all my valks to be standardized. And as macross collectors we are always looking for the "definitive" version of the toy. So with this little constant upgrades and with the "premium" versions it kinda leaves us collectors in a bad spot. I don't want to rebuy all the toys I've had before! Hence, I've decided to stop buying and following Arcadia unless they do a V3 version.

7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I didn't even notice that till you mentioned it. That really stands out now i know it's there. That's really going to bug me now.

Yeah. Like you, I didn't notice it before. And I did checked earlier and looks like it was there ever since. ^_^

5 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

What are the arrows supposed to be pointing at?

I read the blog entry that the pictures came from via Google Translate. I'll try my best to annotate each of the pictures. Someone with a better command of the language can correct me if necessary...

8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

arcadia blog has a sample of premium tampos on miria pictured below:

WjZCvXI.png

People have complained that the knee joint extension is kind of tight, and scary to extend. They've loosened it a bit while still retaining the locking functionality.

EtvizpR.png

People complained the backpack hook swung kind of loose. They tightened it up.

o1200090014031317833.jpg

This picture wasn't in David's post because it undermines his claim that these are all pictures of the tampo printing, but it purports to show how they made the intake covers more flush with the top of the intake shroud.

OEZBKpz.png

The text talks about the gap in an arm joint being reduced, but given where the arrow is pointing I'm guessing it's the gap between the two halves of the arm?

jLhaTaB.png

The leg super part attachment was made less wobbly.zK840Gf.png

The grip and the stock were both made less wobbly.