Sears/JCPenney Equivalent in Japan early 80's?

Shawn

This is sort of off-topic, but wanted to reach out to those who might know.

I picked up an early 80's Sears Wish Book catalog, and it was pretty amazing to browse the old toys they have listed inside. Got me thinking....

Is/Was there an equivalent type set of stores in Japan in the early 80's that would have produced a 'wish book' type catalog?

Would be interesting to see if such a thing exists.

Thanks!!

Shawn

I don't know what kind of those ones are and googled. My understanding is those are the catalogs which some department stores release for the mail order for their customers who cannot come to their own shops easily; like those of L.L. Bean, REI, Lands' End and so on.

Sorry, but I don't know such ones in Japan. My country is small compared to the U.S. and we can go to some shops easily. Besides, the image of mail order things was a little worse at the time. In such method of purchase we couldn't recognize the quality of the items on the catalogs and tend to avoid it in the past. Yeah, this is mainly my personal opinion, but some of my aquaintances said the same thing about mail order.

On 7/24/2017 at 11:48 PM, Shawn said:

This is sort of off-topic, but wanted to reach out to those who might know.

I picked up an early 80's Sears Wish Book catalog, and it was pretty amazing to browse the old toys they have listed inside. Got me thinking....

Is/Was there an equivalent type set of stores in Japan in the early 80's that would have produced a 'wish book' type catalog?

Would be interesting to see if such a thing exists.

Thanks!!

Shawn

Retailer wish book of sorts....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/34685-1983-takatoku-toys-catalog/?do=findComment&comment=1181494