Kidslogic robotech SDF-1 statue

seti88

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Interesting concept, but i think it's absolutely hideous....:bad:

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at as well.

Colors are too dark and muted, so many bumps everywhere, and why the heck does it have a vacuum tube stereo module built in??

• 10 months later...
On 7/22/2017 at 6:57 AM, seti88 said:

I dont thk anyone posted abt this yet though its mentioned in jenuis's blog as a 90cm SDF-1 statue...

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=9672

DFOxKgiVoAQeMp3.thumb.jpg.93512994a92085ccbfc35b4d3c84bf01.jpg

I honestly don't really like this model. Sure, it has a cool system inside but the exterior looks too extra for me. I don't really like the texturing on it and it doesn't look smooth. If it was smoother and there was less panel lining on it, I'm sure it would be cheaper to produce and cheaper for us.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:03 PM, CoryHolmes said:

B-but... I wanna touch it... :unknw:

That's a really odd thing to say about something covered in genital warts 🤣

On 7/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, GalaxyExpress2199 said:

I honestly don't really like this model. Sure, it has a cool system inside but the exterior looks too extra for me. I don't really like the texturing on it and it doesn't look smooth. If it was smoother and there was less panel lining on it, I'm sure it would be cheaper to produce and cheaper for us.

Yeah; visually at that scale, you wouldn't really see all that detail anyways. Not to mention it makes it look too "busy" and really detracts from the statue.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:13 AM, jvmacross said:

Wonder if the KC 1/2000 TV SDF-1 has progressed any closer to an actual release....they had a lot of work to do...but no one else seems interested in releasing one

GenNGIP.jpg

This model is really nice! And... I smell a transformation sequence. If you look closely, the main gun is tilting downwards. The shoulder the Assault Carrier Daedalus is docked at is also crooked. I also see a joint between them.

1 hour ago, GalaxyExpress2199 said:

This model is really nice! And... I smell a transformation sequence. If you look closely, the main gun is tilting downwards. The shoulder the Assault Carrier Daedalus is docked at is also crooked. I also see a joint between them.

Not sure if the prototype (which seems based on the Hasegawa "TV" SDF-1 (which is more like a hybrid TV-DYRL) transforms or not, but I am sure KL will not waste anyone's time with a non-transforming SDF-1.  They said they should have some more info towards the end of the year.  Hopefully we will see a new TV accurate sculpt....Crossing fingers!

• 6 months later...
On 8/18/2020 at 12:13 AM, jvmacross said:

Wonder if the KC 1/2000 TV SDF-1 has progressed any closer to an actual release....they had a lot of work to do...but no one else seems interested in releasing one

GenNGIP.jpg

It's already 2022... I'm still waiting for a better paint job and a redo of the main gun.  (looks like they imitated Hasegawa's kit)