Kidslogic robotech SDF-1 statue

seti88

At HG's SDCC panel, they even said "more than 90 cm". I just measured the height of my shelves and I don't have any display area where it would fit. :( But given the price on their VF-1 cockpit, I will probably not be able to afford this anyway...

Limited to 800...1.1 meters tall....stupid gimicks....odd sculpt. Most likely overpriced like their 1/6th scale cockpit. 

No thanks...would rather use that money for an Arcadia or Bandai product. 

I thought it was cool, then I read "smoke effect" and had a bad feeling as I remembered an old high end toy train I used to own. That had a smoke thing where you had to pour water in it. I don't think that ended well and I found the train busted up in the basement.

This needs more details too like VFs and stuff from the movie.

I remember olde train sets which had smoke coming out too, except we didn't need to pour water in. And smelt of burning metal for some reason!

thanks for jogging the memory jetjockey...^_^

Back to the statue, perhaps the main appeal will come when this sucka is switched on at nite....i thk this would look great with over 200 Leds! And smoke! Lol...

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I remember olde train sets which had smoke coming out too, except we didn't need to pour water in. And smelt of burning metal for some reason!

thanks for jogging the memory jetjockey...^_^

Back to the statue, perhaps the main appeal will come when this sucka is switched on at nite....i thk this would look great with over 200 Leds! And smoke! Lol...

Yeah that's the smell. When I found it I thought the water went in the chimney. I didn't see any other spot. It had a light up coal area too.

Sometimes these effects are too much. Especially if something goes wrong and they stop working. I would like a good large scale Macross / Robotech piece though and I have a feeling a good one will come out in the future.

The smoke effect in this case is PROBABLY an ultrasonic humidifier. Just think of how awesome that'd be on those dry winter days!

5 hours ago, jenius said:

It's like they want to find sizes and prices that no one wants. If it was half the size it'd probably be something to consider.  

They only need to find a few takers to turn a profit.  Though those 800 units may be kicking around for a bit.

I do agree, though. It's pretty cool, but just too big.

I'm also generally cynical about "limited to xxx pieces" productions. In this case, that's probably taking the fact that they won't move many and turning it into a selling point.

Edited by JB0

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

Wowsers! 

Guys, guys. Settle down. This is just limited to the exclusive 800 'Robotech' fans. Did you guys see the footnote? ^_^ 

And we 'Macross' loyal fans are better than that. :good:  

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Nice lights!! Forget the christmas tree during christmas..just hang valks around it...

and whats with the HI-Fi component again, kidslogic sold speakers before?!

Probably the same speaker component they used on their 1/6th Cockpit. ^_^

On 7/26/2017 at 2:53 PM, JB0 said:

If you're gonna brag about having 200 lights, you should show them all lit up.

Be careful what you wish for...

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

200 LEDs could've illuminated a substantial network of tiny fiber-optic strands, giving the model an effective sense of scale:

stardf003.jpg

Instead, those garish colors and nonsensical placement give the model an effective sense of... holiday decoration.  

1citylights.jpg