Calibre wings robotech

seti88

image.jpg.bbd4f7049192d2ec2b9a7891de440dc1.jpg

Black aces vf-1 diecast macross tomcats recently were customised calibre wings F-14s.

And they displayed weathered tomcats in their FB page recently. I wonder if they are gonna release weathered F-14s in macross livery.

image.thumb.jpg.cea47dc2cb31075a50df6164c811fbec.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.fb7a55cdfe8f8090021e4c11ec9f4439.jpg

They added a date 20th july together with the annoucement post on fb. So perhaps there will be more details on wat will be released then.

Hold on to your wallet folks its gonna b a bumpy ride!

Edited by seti88

We will see whats to be released, but in calibre's fb page they originally listed the weathered f-14/vf-1's under the macross album.
So any mention of RT may indeed be for increased international coverage. It is what it is. Am sure everyone knows the issues.

Am not sure if am down for it, but if there is a weathered release, that may be a big plus.

Points to note;
- cal wings deal in diecast and jets of course aren't transformable.
- Cal Wings panel lines/thruster nozzles/details are top notch, but there have been fit questions on the canopy/armaments and glove veins on early vf-1 releases.
Depending on how much a stickler you are, you might consider them minor or major issues. On mine, the issues are there but only if you look purposely for it.
Cal Wings however have promised to improve any issues moving forward.
- They aren't that cheap but slightly cheaper/around bandai's frontier DX MSRP releases. Traditionally not cheap via AMI/HLJ doesnt even carry em. But it seems they are working out a distribution channel for it.

A part of me am wondering, if they are under a RT label, how much to wager on a die-cast legioss? :mellow:

12 hours ago, JB0 said:

A "Robotech" F-14 is actually kind of a cool homage.

<_< Someone at Project Aces is probably fuming quietly... considering they did exactly this as DLC for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon in partnership with Macross.

9 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

<_< Someone at Project Aces is probably fuming quietly... considering they did exactly this as DLC for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon in partnership with Macross.

It's not like this is the most novel or creative idea ever, so this can hardly be seen as a rip-off of the AC:AH DLC.

I have Calibre's VF-1 F-14A. It is easily the most accurate F-14A in diecast out there. There are some issues that will apparently be fix for the next 2 releases on. Canopy fit being 1. The glove vane issue was due to assembly line incompetence, worker and QC supervisor were apparently sacked do to that issue, so hopefully that will be a none issue too. I Pre-ordered the upcoming TopHatters F-14A that should have the fixes on it. 

Chris

^1/100 and/or 1/60.  1/72 is great for consistency with other die cast aircraft, but it doesn't fit with any of the **contemporary** Macross toys.  However, I'm sure they'll look perfect next to Bandai and Hasegawa kits.

18 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

What's a Macross? Is that one of those japanese Gundam games?

Thanks for the updates on cal wings jenius. http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=9672

Plus looks like fb photos are updated...Not sure its thats the actual grey you mentioned as it seems on the whiteish side in some of their FB pics.

off hand...

- A bit hard to imagine 2 pilots there for the schemes..

- am not a fan of the yellow missiles tips being too long (should be painted at the tips only).

-unweathered and just realised the new fokker version has stripes across the back..

whereas the old macross version at wonder festival doesn't..hmm i thk i prefer the wonder festival version decaling for roy...

DFPPXlFUQAE93DV.thumb.jpg.fc13d254b993b2f322d8107fac055a34.jpg

20155763_757039887831401_6902268999455861551_n.jpg.abe33cc4a310c7ea2edcccdce53ce079.jpg20292967_757039894498067_4249653539814637660_n.jpg.3f15fc2f75b73676a88cb8195f66ed5a.jpg

I do hope tho their production releases match their pre-productions...and its stated as 4th Quarter 2017 release, via santa clause perhaps? ie christmas.... 

still waiting for news on valk versions!!:p or unless this is their meaning of BOTH! sigh ya never know...:mellow: 

Edited by seti88

They are definitely hoping to do a true VF1 so that's pretty cool. I think the biggest difference in the F14 will be the box and the inclusion of a stand. The paint difference might require having both right next to each other to tell the difference. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

They are definitely hoping to do a true VF1 so that's pretty cool. I think the biggest difference in the F14 will be the box and the inclusion of a stand. The paint difference might require having both right next to each other to tell the difference. 

Wow, Harmony Gold is playing nice or is Calibre unaware of what the price will be to make these yet?

Chris

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

*snip*

Why are they using the Wonderfest version?

So these are unweathered versions with a different color base with the striping along the chest for Roy?

These include figures, display stand, different colored phoenix missiles x6, and collector's box with card correct?

The SDCC promotional pics show weathered (slightly), non stripe across the fuselage and with black missiles..
But physical product teased in FB and @ SDCC are non-weathered, stripe across the fuselage and yellow tip missiles.

Cal wings seem to be making the same mistake of showing something and delivering something else.

Anyhow, I would wait and see if their next f-14 releases, (tophatters and ghostriders) come out as advertised before committing....

14 hours ago, Dobber said:

Wow, Harmony Gold is playing nice or is Calibre unaware of what the price will be to make these yet?

Chris

Well seeing at how the release date is in Q4 i would think that the pricing should have been worked out since we are already in the 2nd half of the year.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Well seeing at how the release date is in Q4 i would think that the pricing should have been worked out since we are already in the 2nd half of the year.

I was talking more about a VF-1 then just the logo's on an F-14.

Chris

Ah right, you were referring to the valk VF-1. 

Whatever the situation is with licensing tho, their F-14's already premium priced among other diecast manufacturers, any additional licensing cost may well be a real turn-off.  

And underlying all these, one word answers in FB give me pause, if Cal Wings are just trolling in "answering" the tomcats or valkyries question!

Thanks for the info Blackaces!

@seti88, yeah I hear ya' on the prices for Calibre. I have their VF-1 Wolfpack (squadron) F-14A. Like I said above, it is the best diecast Tomcat out there but needs some improvements that Calibre has said they will be implementing on their next 2 Tomcats. I'm interested in these U.N. Spacy liveries, but like you said...they are already at a premium price for regular Navy squadrons. I am definitely interested in seeing what they can do with a diecast non-transforming VF-1 Valkyrie....er.....Veritech (since this is Robotech) ;)

Chris

Calibre just posted the suggested retail for these on their FB page. $135. That's what their standard releases are, so not bad.

Hi @blackaces and thanks for dropping in with the updates! It sure does answer questions and even sheds details on what would the F-14 RT release would entail.

Perhaps correct to even say 'you read it here first folks!'

Since i did only just frequent the DAC, m putting 2 and 2 on together on who you are! ;)

Cant wait to see how cal wings diecast valks err...veritechs would b turning out now!  And i guess you do know the anticipation you will create but merely mentioning mecha in these forums!! Hmm DETAILED diecast mecha?! Yes pls... 

whatever it is, hope you folks stay true in keeping the passion alive for detailed models. Die cast + true blue details if you can pull it off will be one to take note of and be the differentiating factor...

Will track your releases w much anticipation.

p.s. get into macross plus please!!! And also if you can... A diecast macross zero colored F-14 will be an insta buy!!

@dobber, get your credit card warmed up is all i can say haha...

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Hi @blackaces and thanks for dropping in with the updates! It sure does answer questions and even sheds details on what would the F-14 RT release would entail.

Perhaps correct to even say 'you read it here first folks!'

Since i did only just frequent the DAC, m putting 2 and 2 on together on who you are! ;)

Cant wait to see how cal wings diecast valks err...veritechs would b turning out now!  And i guess you do know the anticipation you will create but merely mentioning mecha in these forums!! Hmm DETAILED diecast mecha?! Yes pls... 

whatever it is, hope you folks stay true in keeping the passion alive for detailed models. Die cast + true blue details if you can pull it off will be one to take note of and be the differentiating factor...

Will track your releases w much anticipation.

p.s. get into macross plus please!!! And also if you can... A diecast macross zero colored F-14 will be an insta buy!!

@dobber, get your credit card warmed up is all i can say haha...

Yeah no kidding, I already have their VF-14 TopHatters on pre-order, plus HM's Su-35 'Red 06' is coming out around then too. OUCH! :p

Chris

Blackaces, will these releases have the D variant chin pod that you used on the WF releases, or will it just be a straight up repaint of their B model release?

Chris