1/72 Hasegawa Ace Combat

seti88

See, that's all I'm really interested in seeing.  They made the Shinden II kit, and I nabbed a couple of those, but I could care less about Ace Combat repaints of kits I either already have, or don't have any interest in otherwise.

Come on Hasegawa, give me my Falken, Morgan, and Nosferatu!! :p 

Hopefully with the release of AC7, we'll see the return of some (preferably all) of those original designs, and with the return of those, some new kit releases as well. Maybe time each one as a simultaneous kit/DLC release? And then of course there are the inevitable Idolmaster skins...

Ugh.. while I can't really completely hate on the Idolmaster kits, the only reason I've appreciated them is because they've allowed me to pick up a ton of otherwise fairly expensive Hasegawa kits at literal bargain basement clearance prices.  Like, we're talking cheaper than walking to my local hobby shop and picking up a Revell kit, even with shipping.  I can't help thinking it's because no one really wants them that badly.. but they keep releasing them anyway?  :huh:

But please.. they need to stop the nonstop torrent of DLC content in these games.  It's been nothing but overpriced add-ons ever since AC6 came out, and AC6 was only barely good enough to keep me from giving up on the series.

Edited by Chronocidal

The line is easy side money for Hase, just pop in a different mold color and a new decal sheet. But most of the AC designs are pretty cool (and more exciting than the lo-viz paintjob of the real life plane).

Since Bandai is in the game, too, I wonder if they pick up the ball one day on the more outlandish designs. Their Falken was a really good kit.

6 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Since Bandai is in the game, too, I wonder if they pick up the ball one day on the more outlandish designs. Their Falken was a really good kit.

I would go up front for the Nosferatu for sure !!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Per the Youtube channel Ace Combat Fan, Kotobukiya are working on a X-02 Wyvern model kit. It'll probably be the same 1/144 scale as the XFA-27 they released a little while ago.

EDIT: Apparently the XFA-27 hasn't come out yet, will be soon. Whoops.

cfAXPUucT2TR3lvqx1RVJ8OWlUy4d8_ynfShqe9Y

Edited by kajnrig

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 2:39 PM, anime52k8 said:

darn, I saw the thread title and thought Hase was making an X-02 kit or something.

Thought exactly the same thing!  Would love to get Hasegawa on board for some of the more futuristic aircrafts in the AC series!

21 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Oh thank god. I'd been scouring the internets and couldn't find it for less than 200% its RRP. I was just about to place a bid on one for ~$65.

Same here... this one was tough to crack. 

HLJ link is now active for "pre-order"

https://hlj.com/1-72-scale-ace-combat-asf-x-shinden-ii-kei-nagase-color-ltd-hsg64702

20 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Beware the Decal Hell!

Based on your warning and the below snip... uncertainty floods my brain about trying to tackle this model. I strongly believe I'll end up ordering another decal sheet.

image.png.98b9dd41a428e4c44821e4bef253c81b.png

Edited by ivorysniper

I love decals, its my favourite part of building the model - it was one of the original reasons I got this kit.  That's said, its sitting in my stash and haven't been built yet :P

On 11/15/2018 at 6:05 PM, Sildani said:

Very cool, thanks! Any idea what can be built to move and what gets glued into one position or another?

There are indeed more moving parts than expected: folding tails, TVC nozzles...

Hasegawa's assembly guides are self-explanatory for that matter, also flagging when there is an available option (Ex. 1-pc closed canopy vs. 2-pc open canopy) besides indicating when not to glue. Hobby Search has scans of the model's paperwork ( https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10198937). Just look for the highlighted icons as per below snip.

image.png.1fc7b6276893cfbc762763aee8b7ec4a.png

Edited by ivorysniper