Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

On 6/25/2018 at 5:22 PM, no3Ljm said:

Here's what it says on their Terms and Conditions page: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=3

Name: Nippon-Yasan.com, Co. Ltd. (株式会社 Nippon-Yasan.Com)
Address: Kiyosumi 1chome 3-3
Postal Code: 791-8055
Prefecture: Ehime-ken
City: Matsuyama-shi

Hope that helps. And good luck. Hope it gets resolved easily.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully I will get the refund in a timely manner.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:18 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Just a question, did you give a shot at talking to Arcadia directly?

Looks like HLJ still has the PF SDF-1 in stock though, if you still want one after returning to NY.

I thought about that but I just got frustrated with NY and just wanted a refund.

Edited by neko878

22 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, at least it's recent enough to chargeback.

Ya thankfully!

I purchased many expensive toys from NY and only encountered this issue once.  I just expected better customer service especially since I have been a loyal customer.

Edited by neko878

On 6/26/2018 at 6:16 AM, neko878 said:

Hi everyone!  Here is my update on the missing part(s) on the SDF-1 from NY.

I initially emailed NY explaining I was missing a main part to this figure.  Their ONE and ONLY response back was "We will contact the manufacture and get back with you but no guarantee."  I patiently waited a few weeks but I still have not heard back from NY.  So I tried to contact them again for an update on the missing part but no response back.  Then a week later I asked for an exchange but no response back.  With numerous emails to NY and no response back I had to escalate this issue to Paypal because there is a certain amount of time you can submit a ticket for escalation. 

After waiting another week Paypal did rule in my favor and told me I am eligible for a refund.  I just have to mail back the figure to NY with tracking number.

On the Paypal return instructions it says to mail the package back to this address:

株式会社NIPPONーYASAN.COM

〒791-8055 愛媛県 松山市清住 一丁目3番3号 Japan

Can anyone tell me if I translated the return address correctly to english?  I am mailing out from the USA.

Nippon-Yasan
1chrome 3-3 Kiyosumi
Matsuyama, Ehime 791-8055
Japan

The regular version has a slot in the styrofoam bed that held the bridge. So the PF doesn't have that or was the bridge supposed to ship attached?

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

The regular version has a slot in the styrofoam bed that held the bridge. So the PF doesn't have that or was the bridge supposed to ship attached?

The head is separate from my PF version. It's in a plastic tray container. See Jenius' photo from his Anymoon website.

Arcadia-PF-SDF-1-2-HD.jpg

It's probably too late to be of use, but just as a heads up to anyone else that might be getting this:

My bridge (on the PF version) was in a plastic tray like the picture above, however either the tray was never secured or it came loose during shipping, and it had fallen down in with the rest of the main body.  So it is possible (probably unlikely) that your bridge is floating around somewhere in your box and/or Styrofoam tray.

On 5/14/2018 at 4:13 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Looking at the pics from @jenius's anymoon.com review, I think it is supposed to be less gappy.

Yamato-1-3000-SDF-1-4.jpg

I'm so appreciative of genius taking the time so scale the toys with the illustrations to point out the similarities/differences. So very helpful!!!

i got my yesterday and the stupid thing is the main guns don't come apart. some premium feature there.

it's like it can't fire unless it transforms into a robot. that is so stupid. all those people keep getting sucked out into space and dying. 

what's next? a pinpoint barrier punch like the 19 advance? could you imagine this thing having that gimmick?

11 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i got my yesterday and the stupid thing is the main guns don't come apart. some premium feature there.

This mold is what... almost 8 years old at this point?  I think there is plenty information out there about what the mold can and can't do.  

Were you expecting tweaks to the mold on the premium finish?

9 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it's like it can't fire unless it transforms into a robot. that is so stupid. all those people keep getting sucked out into space and dying. 

what's next? a pinpoint barrier punch like the 19 advance? could you imagine this thing having that gimmick?

Hey David. I can’t remember if the SDF-1 did fired its main bow cannons in Fortress Mode in the movie just like it did with the TV series.

10 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

This mold is what... almost 8 years old at this point?  I think there is plenty information out there about what the mold can and can't do.  

Were you expecting tweaks to the mold on the premium finish?

i think it was supposed to be a bit of sarcasm.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

HardlyNever hardly ever gets the jokes.  :lol:

wmkjr and tekering get itB))

3 hours ago, wmkjr said:

i think it was supposed to be a bit of sarcasm.

^_^ 

i should've thrown in: cousins get separated everytime.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey David. I can’t remember if the SDF-1 did fired its main bow cannons in Fortress Mode in the movie just like it did with the TV series.

hey Noel, you're correct. it was a joke for the hardcore...  movie sdf-1 was purposely designed that it can't fire in cruiser. 

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

In the TV I think it only did it the one time.

it fired in episode one and each opening.  

within the sdf-1 main reactor, the energy converter for the main guns are connected to the fold system via energy conduits but after the fold system disappeared, they had to restructure the sdf-1 in order to fire them and could no longer fire in cruiser.

if arcadia or bandai makes a TV version, it'll have a main gun mode in cruiser. (pre-fold)

14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'd be all-in for a TV SDF-1 with Daedalus Attack effect parts...

yeah, i would love a TV version:wub:  JVmacross has been waiting for one a long time

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update for anyone else that screwed their bridge in: 

I couldn't get the bridge screw cover off, but I went ahead and decided try to pack the SDF-1 with the bridge on.  I pre-emtively gouged out a little place in the Styrofoam lid for the brdige, but that is completely unnecessary.  There is plenty of space between the lid and the bridge, probably a quarter-inch or more.  I won't actually be moving it for several weeks, but I'm pretty confident it will be entirely safe.

I also have all the runner parts on, and they do not interfere with packing up the toy in any noticeable way, either.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Must resist...again. Wasn’t this 38000 at NY on release?

According to my records, NY had the PF version for 53,980¥  as a preorder.  So the HLJ sale is the cheapest I've seen it, personally.  

If the box weren't so big, I'd honestly consider getting a second one.