Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Has anyone heard anything on the PF version?  I still haven't gotten a payment request from NY, and it is supposedly due out in two weeks.  I'm starting to worry this will be pushed back like the PF milia, which could definitely be an issue for me.

There was only a nine day warning before payment was due on Milia.  If that holds we should see a payment request sent out by end of this week or next weekend.

32 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

As always. :p

giphy.gif

:D

9 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I want to pay now, I have the money set aside for it and the longer it takes the more chances of me spending it something else. :lol:

NY? You could pay anytime.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have mine sharing a box with a VF-1A from NY, so I had to pay for them together.

Pay now, pay later, one way or another Macross continually takes all our money! And we give it up happily :p

25 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:D

NY? You could pay anytime.

True, but I always wait till the send the payment request because getting your money back from NY can be a pain if there are any complications. :D

Edited by Saburo

Yep, got the email from NY as well. April 28 it is. Chose to pay mine already. Might end up spending the money on something else. Hehe!

I still hope they did at least some detail work on Macross City, though the lack of any last minute prototype pics is making me keep my expectations low.

Just glad I'm able to get and afford this now. :D

I wouldn’t necessarily call this a delay. The original release date last year was set for the 30th. They pushed it to an earlier release date in the end

Now, Lets hope NY shipping release times doesn’t take forever.

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

Did they do anything to inspire hope of a TV version? I thought that ship has sailed but would love to hear it was on their radar... Certainly that would be a better seller than an sv51.

Towards the bottom of this interview, it is briefly mentioned.

Not a lot to hang your hat on, but at least there is some level of interest.

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

Did they do anything to inspire hope of a TV version? I thought that ship has sailed but would love to hear it was on their radar... Certainly that would be a better seller than an sv51.

Yes, there was an article last year where they said it is something they want to do.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/09/08/arcadia-talks-about-how-it-makes-the-best-macross-and-megazone-23-toys-out-there/#4f591401e974

“Even though we are re-releasing the movie version of the SDF-1 Macross, we do want to do the TV series version as well but that is still undergoing approval from the copyright holder. Personally, I really want to do it.

4 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

Yes, there was an article last year where they said it is something they want to do.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/09/08/arcadia-talks-about-how-it-makes-the-best-macross-and-megazone-23-toys-out-there/#4f591401e974

“Even though we are re-releasing the movie version of the SDF-1 Macross, we do want to do the TV series version as well but that is still undergoing approval from the copyright holder. Personally, I really want to do it.

Hmmm. Copyright holder. I think Arcadia will have that opportunity by 2021 then. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

Payment has been made.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Thanks @no3Ljm as always for the gif. The main gun should be firing 2 more times this month for my POs.  :lol:

Two times you say? There you go. ;) 

You're welcome by the way. Hope to create more soon. ^_^

Just paid my Nippon-Yasan bill for this bad boy.  Now my wallet is $500+ lighter.  I missed this the first time around and seeing the announcement for the Premium Finish this time around, got in a pre-order on day one.  Time to reorganize the display for this one!

Edited by Smiley424

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

You bought it, so I guess it wasn't too overpriced. :lol:

Hope it releases and gets to my door step before I leave town for the next few weeks. 

I bought it now even though it's way overpriced because it's likely that it'll become even more expensive later on. I don't know if there's anyone who will actually debate saying this toy is fairly priced for what you get.

Besides, I already sold off my Yamato SDF-1 in anticipation of this one.

Huh? Do you really believe that statement? If so, then I don't think you understand what you're saying. Something can be overpriced, but can still be afforded. Just because I am able to buy it doesn't change my opinion that it's overpriced.

Look at these Apple products. They charge 10x more for their accessories than other brands.

Edited by ArchieNov