Jump to content

Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue


Darotower

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Well - hopefully they haven't been too ambitious with what they'd like to do with the Premium SDF-1. By that I mean is it proving too difficult to turn a profit on the release.

Although, it would have been wise to have all of that worked out before a product is even announced.

*sigh*

-b.

Agreed... I think they underestimated the amount of work. Panel lining shouldnt be too bad but all that glow in the dark stuff is a lot more work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was an interesting Facebook update. I take back my original estimate. I figure all bets are off at this point, and the update amounts to Arcadia's version of Valve's it'll be ready "when it's done" response. Nothing to do now but to wait for the actual pre-order whenever they get their stuff together.

Edited by technoblue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

bleh, I'm so torn over this... I really don't love the DYRL design but it really is looking beast with that premium version.  Imagine it displayed inside black glass with UV backlighting...

I feel the same. It would undoubtedly make a very nice display piece but I can get 3+ valks for that price! Decisions decisions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Astralith said:

How? I haven't seen a Valk for under $300 in months. 

eh?

Where were you looking? 

and which valk?

Ami and even HLJ had the non-premium Hikaru and Roy for under 20k-yen as recently as about a couple of weeks back.

Even the upcoming Super Milia is about 20k-yen on po currently, with a high possibility that it'll go even down at around 17k-18k yen after release due to the PF.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, treatment said:

eh?

Where were you looking? 

and which valk?

Ami and even HLJ had the non-premium Hikaru and Roy for under 20k-yen as recently as about a couple of weeks back.

Even the upcoming Super Milia is about 20k-yen on po currently, with a high possibility that it'll go even down at around 17k-18k yen after release due to the PF.

 

 

 

Did regular Hikaru or Roy drop in price later on? I think they just stayed available at original price for some time right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I feel the same. It would undoubtedly make a very nice display piece but I can get 3+ valks for that price! Decisions decisions. 

You meant 2 Premium Finish Valks, right? ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Did regular Hikaru or Roy drop in price later on? I think they just stayed available at original price for some time right?

They were both around 20k-22k yen, iirc.  Never saw 'em at full msrp at either shop.

The box-damaged were around 17k-19k yen. Especially at ami. 

I think the slightly-used (A/B conditions) were around 17k or thereabouts.

add:

I think it was only the Roy-PF that was at MSRP (31k-yen +) at hlj.

My Hikaru-PF was 25.8k yen from hlj.

 

Edited by treatment
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, treatment said:

They were both around 20k-22k yen, iirc.  Never saw 'em at full msrp at either shop.

The box-damaged were around 17k-19k yen. Especially at ami. 

I think the slightly-used (A/B conditions) were around 17k or thereabouts.

 

So, regular price with reductions for used/sub-par. That's pretty normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

So, regular price with reductions for used/sub-par. That's pretty normal.

 

Astralith was just saying he hasn't seen a valk under $300 in months.

Which is kinda weird since the regular Hikkie and Roy were available for around 20k-yen (ami) and 21.8k-yen (hlj)  until about couple of weeks ago.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, treatment said:

 

Astralith was just saying he hasn't seen a valk under $300 in months.

Which is kinda weird since the regular Hikkie and Roy were available for around 20k-yen (ami) and 21.8k-yen (hlj)  until about couple of weeks ago.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That part I get. There is also the 262 which has been on clearance. You were just saying the Milia might go down because of the PF, which we haven't sen happen yet other than the cases you just mentioned that don't have to do with the PF version. I was just curious if there was some other reason you thought the price for the regular would go down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That part I get. There is also the 262 which has been on clearance. You were just saying the Milia might go down because of the PF, which we haven't sen happen yet other than the cases you just mentioned that don't have to do with the PF version. I was just curious if there was some other reason you thought the price for the regular would go down.

 

I've seen the regular Strike-Hikkie dippped into the 18k-yen pricing with new/non-box-damaged status at ami when the PF was released.  Quickly snapped up, tho, so you better check on 'em regularly.

I'm anticipating the same thing will happen on the upcoming Super-Milia if it's still available when the PF gets released. 

Unless, of course, the various scalpers beat you to it...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, treatment said:

 

I've seen the regular Strike-Hikkie dippped into the 18k-yen pricing with new/non-box-damaged status at ami when the PF was released.  Quickly snapped up, tho, so you better check on 'em regularly.

I'm anticipating the same thing will happen on the upcoming Super-Milia if it's still available when the PF gets released. 

Unless, of course, the various scalpers beat you to it...

 

 

Haha ok. I'm not sure if I want another regular Milia and contemplating the PF...but good to know just in case. Now, just the wait to see how far I need to bend over for this PF SDF-1.:ohmy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Double Spy said:

Where is the preorder link on the site and they ship to USA?

  1. We are still waiting for Arcadia to post the pre-order information.
  2. Arcadia does not ship outside Japan.

You will need to use a proxy service to order direct, or you will need to order from an on-line shop that carries this version of the SDF-1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, technoblue said:
  1. We are still waiting for Arcadia to post the pre-order information.
  2. Arcadia does not ship outside Japan.

You will need to use a proxy service to order direct, or you will need to order from an on-line shop that carries this version of the SDF-1.

Historically, what all online shops have carried the Premium Finishes for Arcadia's Macross releases?  I'm hoping AmiAmi will, even though I'm unable to find on their website any Macross PFs they've ever sold before.  AmiAmi has always packed my items really well, and everything has always arrived in pristine condition for me.  (I live on the east coast, USA and always use EMS for shipping.)  I've received items from Nippon-Yasan that have arrived in both excellent and also dented/crushed conditions.... The same goes for HLJ as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TNT1120X said:

Historically, what all online shops have carried the Premium Finishes for Arcadia's Macross releases?  I'm hoping AmiAmi will, even though I'm unable to find on their website any Macross PFs they've ever sold before.  AmiAmi has always packed my items really well, and everything has always arrived in pristine condition for me.  (I live on the east coast, USA and always use EMS for shipping.)  I've received items from Nippon-Yasan that have arrived in both excellent and also dented/crushed conditions.... The same goes for HLJ as well.

Jenius has you covered. ;)

I've had the same experience with NY. Both my premium finish Hikaru and Roy Valkyries arrived with no issues, but Hikaru's box was mint and Roy's looked like it took a detour by the local football field. I like AE better for packaging, but they do require payment up front. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...