Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

TY

Oh my goodness. That's a few bucks!:o That;'s a complete model that needs painting and assembly?

Seems like there is a need for 3D printed "blown up" booms for those with the Arcadia.

Yep, it needs assembly, painting and applying decals. Also comes with photo etch parts, glow in the dark stickers, and the aforementioned option parts. The base toy is otherwise the same as the Yamato/Arcadia non-PF release.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@sqidd You do know that before the1 1:3000 mold we all know and love from Yamato, there was the insane 1/2000 DYRL SDF-1 right???:ph34r: .... just sayin, if you REALLY wanna blow some money,  :spiteful:

That was something like $2000-2100 MSRP if I recall and I think made with HDP rather than ABS? The downside to it was I think it couldn't bend the legs at all. I don't recall if it came with decals or if you had to paint it all. Still, I would have loved to have that if I could afford to blow 2k on something like that.

Edit: For reference, found one of the old threads on a 1/2000 build.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

16 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Yep, it needs assembly, painting and applying decals. Also comes with photo etch parts, glow in the dark stickers, and the aforementioned option parts. The base toy is otherwise the same as the Yamato/Arcadia non-PF release.

I think the legs a bit less articulated than the 1/3000 toy we got also... like they learned from the 1/2000 a little bit.

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think the legs a bit less articulated than the 1/3000 toy we got also... like they learned from the 1/2000 a little bit.

The 1/3000 assembled toy and the kit are structurally identical. The toy actually came first before the kit did. In addition to the assembly instructions, it also came with the same transformation manual that the toy did. When I compare the kit and the toy, the range of movement, including the legs are the same.

9 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@sqidd You do know that before the1 1:3000 mold we all know and love from Yamato, there was the insane 1/2000 DYRL SDF-1 right???:ph34r: .... just sayin, if you REALLY wanna blow some money,  :spiteful:

5 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

The 1/3000 assembled toy and the kit are structurally identical. The toy actually came first before the kit did. In addition to the assembly instructions, it also came with the same transformation manual that the toy did. When I compare the kit and the toy, the range of movement, including the legs are the same.

Oh.....my......goodness! That;'s awesome. So big it has little Valks! It;s a good thing I can't paint and don't have the room.:p

Got the SDF-1 PF out today. I had the standard version before. I wasn't impressed and sold it right away. This is a whole different level! Love it!

Snagged a Hi Metal DYRL VF-1A Super Kazakaki and Max for the DYRL side of the shelf (even though the white of the HM's won't match the HMR's). Those will be here in a few days. I've still got my eye out for two Hi Metal Fockers (white) so I can use one without packs as a Roy for the SDFM side and the other with Supers as a Boobie Duck/Hikaru. Too bad there aren't any Hi Metal or Hi Metal R TV Max or Kakazaki.

130559468_SDF-11.jpg.d3497b118111253cdc99e66f86e9739f.jpg725825955_SDF-12.jpg.d4e8b9a8c7d19d2caf9af22f52061fea.jpg

1670523780_SDF-13.jpg.4ae3c9b34bc13bd4b3a205fe52207e31.jpg

28 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Only 800 will be made in the world too. FYI :) 

So, $1.68M worth of them.:shok:

30 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That feels like a lot of money. Until I suddenly realize how much I'm spending on the Hachette VF-1...

As I look over to my Fewture Ex Gokin shelf and realize there is $3500 in figures on it. $2500 on the one above that.:fool:

Good thing I don't have anywhere to put that monster!

Edited by sqidd

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

As I loom over to my Fewture Ex Gokin shelf and realize there is $3500 in figures on it. $2500 on the one above that.:fool:

Good thing I don't have anywhere to put that monster!

I just checked, managed to keep all my shelves (just) under the $2000 mark, street value.

So long as I don't count the shelves in my storage closet. Those are worse.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just checked, managed to keep all my shelves (just) under the $2000 mark, street value.

So long as I don't count the shelves in my storage closet. Those are worse.

You just made me look at more shelves.............:shok:

I missed out on a 1/12 scale RX-78 Gundam because I thought the price was too high. It was for me then but not now.  I don't want to have that same regret on this. I do hope Bandai or Arcadia does make a proper TV style SDF-1 in the future but until then... this is it.

34 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I missed out on a 1/12 scale RX-78 Gundam because I thought the price was too high. It was for me then but not now.  I don't want to have that same regret on this. I do hope Bandai or Arcadia does make a proper TV style SDF-1 in the future but until then... this is it.

The Metal Structure? One even days I wish I had gotten one. On odd days I'm glad I didn't. Forgive my Gundam ignorance. I like some of the designs. I don't know a thing about them though.

That 1/1200 SDF-1 is amazing. I say go for it if you have the room. If I had somewhere to put it I would be thinking hard. But, if you get that you're going to need a fleet of HMR's!

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

The Metal Structure? One even days I wish I had gotten one.

No, dude... Gundams are big.  The HY2M Gundam is 1:12.

gundam1.jpg

My wife actually offered to buy me one, back when they were only a few hundred dollars... but I just couldn't justify the space.

Now, of course, they're a few thousand (if you can find them at all).

Still, I'm more tempted to spend the money on a huge Gundam than an SDF-1 half its size.  <_<

23 minutes ago, tekering said:

No, dude... Gundams are big.  The HY2M Gundam is 1:12.

gundam1.jpg

My wife actually offered to buy me one, back when they were only a few hundred dollars... but I just couldn't justify the space.

Now, of course, they're a few thousand (if you can find them at all).

Still, I'm more tempted to spend the money on a huge Gundam than an SDF-1 half its size.  <_<

Can I have a VF-1S Strike Focker in Battroid that size please!!!!!:hail:

That Gundam is awesome.:good:

And when Tekering doesn't have space.....it's huge!!!!

On 9/11/2020 at 11:46 AM, wmkjr said:

Thread with info: 

I bought into the 1/6 VF-1J cockpit and that looked good all lit up, but this is more appealing with the lights off.

Also, the grey would be nicer in a lighter tone.

Congrats to those who took the plunge! 

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to bring up a deadish thread, but  recently decided to clear coat my SDF-1 in matte, and it looks AMAZING, but with the rail cannons on the shoulders, the matte coat keep chipping and flaking off. does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it so it won't do that?

1 hour ago, Hikaru1234567890 said:

Hey guys, sorry to bring up a deadish thread, but  recently decided to clear coat my SDF-1 in matte, and it looks AMAZING, but with the rail cannons on the shoulders, the matte coat keep chipping and flaking off. does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it so it won't do that?

Did you apply the clear coat during cold weather? And did you dust off the figure before coating it? If not, I guess that's one factor too why the coat didn't adhere that much.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

@Hikaru1234567890 Cold weather (and I mean anything below 60 degrees) is a baaaad idea for clearcoats. Trust me on this...LOL. 

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Did you apply the clear coat during cold weather? And did you dust off the figure before coating it? If not, I guess that's one factor too why the coat didn't adhere that much.

I actually clear coated the figure in a warm temperatured area and made sure to dust off the whole figure entirely, the rest of the figure turned out fine with the transformation but its just those rail guns that don't like to be slid around at all in the shoulder. would sanding them be a good option to give them a rough surface to stick better too?

5 minutes ago, Hikaru1234567890 said:

I actually clear coated the figure in a warm temperatured area and made sure to dust off the whole figure entirely, the rest of the figure turned out fine with the transformation but its just those rail guns that don't like to be slid around at all in the shoulder. would sanding them be a good option to give them a rough surface to stick better too?

Maybe the surface area needs a plastic prep or adhesion promoter to help the paint bite onto those areas. Just mask off the areas you don’t want correct.

• 1 year later...