Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

I'd honestly re-sell it, unless you plan on displaying one in each mode (which would take a ton of room). 

For me, the only reason I ever sprung for any SDF-1 at all was because the PF version came along, and the combination of centerpiece potential with rarity pushed me over the edge.  It's not that I don't like the design, but it's a lot less mechanically interesting to me than most other Macross designs.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The premium finish ones were supposed to be made-to-order, rather than normal retail sale, right?

Maybe HLJ just ordered too many?

or they only ordered enough to cover their preorders along with some extras BUT then most of those people might have CANCEL their preorder near release date:mellow:

7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Broke down and bought the PF Sdf-1. Ended up being 580 CAD. Will probably get dinged at customs as well. But after nearly 10 years finally have it. Always regretted not getting it back when Yamato first released it. 

Congrats! SDF is a must have center piece for all Macross fans!

54 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Always regretted not getting it back when Yamato first released it. 

Don't regret for not getting the one released by Yamato. That one is not Premium Finish. ;) 

45 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Congrats! SDF is a must have center piece for all Macross fans!

Ah. But which version of SDF-1 is the question, right? ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Broke down and bought the PF Sdf-1. Ended up being 580 CAD. Will probably get dinged at customs as well. But after nearly 10 years finally have it. Always regretted not getting it back when Yamato first released it. 

Looks like good timing, HLJ is now out of the Premium Finish SDF-1, finally.

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like good timing, HLJ is now out of the Premium Finish SDF-1, finally.

Good! 

Now I won't be so tempted to blow a mortgage payment on one :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, jenius said:

Private warehouse

Ahhh, thanks.  How long can you keep something in HLJ's PW?

P.S.

@jenius has a new video up on YouTube.

I feel like there needs to be an anymoon/scorched earth toys thread on MWF where people can post feedback, review suggestions, etc. 

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

18 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ahhh, thanks.  How long can you keep something in HLJ's PW?

60 Days

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Just pw that until the new VF1 comes out :)

100% this.. always PW first with HLJ. 

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

48K yen including EMS shipping. Ouch, it hurts, it hurts!

Item Name Quantity Price Total
Price
  1/3000 SDF-1 Macross Premium Finish 1 ¥42,703 ¥42,703
  Merchandise Total: ¥42,703
  Shipping: ¥5,310
  Total: ¥48,013

like what Jenius said,  leave it in your PW untill the VF-1 gets release and then ship them together for the combine shipping discount.  HLJ is one of the few stores that give very good combine shipping discount.   I brought the SDF-1 PF also along with the RIOBOT NERV vs. Godzilla Anti-G Weapon Shiryu Prototype Unit 01

The combine shipping price is 5920 for ems.  

You can even play around with the estimate for items you havent brought yet.  I place a 1/3000 sdf-1 and add in a (big and Heavy) soul of chogokin figure and the shipping comes to around 7770 yen for ems.

5 minutes ago, F360 said:

100% this.. always PW first with HLJ. 

like what Jenius said,  leave it in your PW untill the VF-1 gets release and then ship them together for the combine shipping discount.  HLJ is one of the few stores that give very good combine shipping discount.   I brought the SDF-1 PF also along with the RIOBOT NERV vs. Godzilla Anti-G Weapon Shiryu Prototype Unit 01

The combine shipping price is 5920 for ems.  

You can even play around with the estimate for items you havent brought yet.  I place a 1/3000 sdf-1 and add in a (big and Heavy) soul of chogokin figure and the shipping comes to around 7770 yen for ems.

Good to know for the future. The SDF-1 PF is already shipping, but I will definitely keep the warehouse in mind next time.

The private warehouse hold is usually long enough to overlap multiple releases between some companies.  I was able to bundle a YF-19 and Messer Movie Version together that I'm picking up today.  I haven't made any really big orders in a while though, so I forget what the shipping gets bumped to when you get their jumbo-sized box. :p 

Congrats on the pickup though, that's probably about $200 off when it first released. ^_^ 

I usually never make it to the next release for PW to be useful to me. To add insult to injury, the PW expiry is usually the week before my next release so I end up waiting to ship for 60 days just to end up shipping it alone. Might as well just shipped it right away instead of waiting 2 months.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bringing this long dead thread up to the top again..

I've had my PF SDF-1 in a box  since purchase but I've been wanting to put it on display and 'show off' the glowing paint job on it. To do this, I've been thinking about using a black light in conjunction with a regular LED RGB dimmable light strip to make this thing glow.. Has anyone tried doing this? Is there any potential that the black light could damage/weaken the plastic like direct sunlight would?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 7:06 PM, Grey728 said:

Sorry for bringing this long dead thread up to the top again..

I've had my PF SDF-1 in a box  since purchase but I've been wanting to put it on display and 'show off' the glowing paint job on it. To do this, I've been thinking about using a black light in conjunction with a regular LED RGB dimmable light strip to make this thing glow.. Has anyone tried doing this? Is there any potential that the black light could damage/weaken the plastic like direct sunlight would?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

UV light will damage the polymer strains in plastic and cause it to become discolored and brittle the same as sunlight.  Blacklight is UV light, so even if you use LEDs, it's just as damaging.  If it were me, I'd install blacklights but leave them off 99% of the time and only turn them on for visitors, parties, photos, etc..

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a problem with the front part not sitting flush together? I’m thinking of getting this one but seller posted that he can’t have it stick together. So there’s a gap between the two “arms” in ship mode.

4C37EF9D-C774-4FC8-8F63-AC588F879DEB.png

There's a gap between the main body and the rail guns (it comes from Arcadia like this). It's not an issue but the paint/matte finish makes it a little hard to get them to connect flush with the main body. Once that's achieved it should be easy for the rail guns to meet at the tip as there is a magnet there that would hold them together... unless that magnet is backwards pushing the two sides away of course. 

37 minutes ago, Checkmate said:

Does anyone have a problem with the front part not sitting flush together? I’m thinking of getting this one but seller posted that he can’t have it stick together. So there’s a gap between the two “arms” in ship mode.

4C37EF9D-C774-4FC8-8F63-AC588F879DEB.png

That looks like a manufacturing error, specifically they installed the magnets (which sit at the ends of the booms) the wrong direction.  There are two magnets that are supposed to attract each other, and they look like they are repelling.  Or somehow the polarization of the magnets got switched...

It could be some other issue, it is hard to tell without having it in hand.  But it really looks like the magnets are repelling each other in that pic.  I don't have that issue.

• 3 months later...

I suppose this is the best place to post about this.  I was on HLJ today and they are promoting a 1/2500 city building system.  I'm thinking it would scale OK with the SDF-1 and may be a good way to make a diorama of the city on South Ataria island.  Though, the name that was chosen for this system could have been better.  LOL! 

https://hlj.com/geocraper

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...