Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

On 12/9/2017 at 8:36 PM, dragonstar1982 said:

Between work and children, I think this is as much detailing I'm gonna get for awhile. Used the old yamato glow in the dark decals.

20171209_233059.jpg

Nice! ;)

Imagine, how it looks in Premium Format. Centerpiece indeed. ^_^

I broke down and ordered a non Premium Finish SDF-1, and just got it today.  Those of you who commented on just how big the box is, you mofos weren't exaggerating in the least... no wonder shipping was such a hefty price.  But I finally have one and am thoroughly satisfied even though if left a sizable whole in my wallet.:)

Here's hoping that 2018 will either be easier on the finances or present us with some amazing items that we just can't do without, cost be damned... cough... 1/3000 SDF-1 TV version... cough... Arcadia, are you listening?...

10 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

Here's hoping that 2018 will either be easier on the finances or present us with some amazing items that we just can't do without, cost be damned... cough... 1/3000 SDF-1 TV version... cough... Arcadia, are you listening?...

I gotta say, KitzConcept is the one who did the listening. And they made it bigger at 1/2000.  ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I gotta say, KitzConcept is the one who did the listening. And they made it bigger at 1/2000.  ^_^

Actually, mechaninac was asking for a TV version SDF-1, not an upscaled Hasegawa half-assed DYRL retool...  <_<

bkn-20161215214306769-1215_00982_001_03b.jpg

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Actually, mechaninac was asking for a TV version SDF-1, not an upscaled Hasegawa half-assed DYRL retool...  <_<

*snip*

I know and I'm aware of that. :p I was just being sarcastic since Arcadia is always ignoring the pleas for a SDF-1 TV version. -_-

No harm no foul at all.

I'm not against the KitzConcept Robotech SDF-1, and at 1/2000 it would be a gigantic centerpiece item, but like no3Ljm intimated, I'll be damned if the HG licensed offering doesn't look like they just bought a Hasegawa kit, scanned it in 3D, printed the parts at 2x scale, and after sanding everything smooth painted the prototype in the most garish metallic paints they could find at the local auto-parts store; the overall shape isn't bad (Hasegawa wrong, but not bad), but it does scream corner-cutting plagiarism.  Still, if that thing actually gets released, with anime accurate coloring, and for a decent price, I'll bite.

Edit:  Be that as it may, I'd still prefer an Arcadia, or Bandai (don't really care which other than an Arcadia version would be more consistent with the DYRL? version in terms of details and execution), TV SDF-1 in 1/3000.

Edited by mechaninac

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'd rather see Arcadia release it. Bandai will probably make you buy the Daedalus and Prometheus as a TWE.

I second that. Also I would like to see a DX Elysion from Delta made by Bandai.

16 hours ago, tekering said:

PLEASE stop posting that horrendous photo...I have kids here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dragonstar1982 said:

The decals I used belonged to the 1/3000 build kit

Decal #8 is different. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like a subdued kaleidoscopes of colors in an L shape cut. Also, the panel covering 30 and 32 seems to go nowhere. Not even mentioned in the instruction sheet.

3.jpg

A poster Agamemnon from seibertron.com gave me a heads up on where the decal#8 is supposed to be applied. Trouble is, the "geniuses" at Arcadia "forgot" to downscale it:angry: Based on the 2010 videos of the first release, this decal (Macross City skyline) was never included but now that they did include it, Arcadia forgot to downscale it to 1/3000 as this was designed to fit the 1/2000 kit.........aaaaaaay caramba!

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

3.jpg

A poster Agamemnon from seibertron.com gave me a heads up on where the decal#8 is supposed to be applied. Trouble is, the "geniuses" at Arcadia "forgot" to downscale it:angry: Based on the 2010 videos of the first release, this decal (Macross City skyline) was never included but now that they did include it, Arcadia forgot to downscale it to 1/3000 as this was designed to fit the 1/2000 kit.........aaaaaaay caramba!

It’s weird cause it should come applied on the premium version so they should already found out such detail... let’s see what happen on the premium 

On 12/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, fenrir72 said:

Do you know where decal#8 goes to?

On 12/23/2017 at 5:22 AM, fenrir72 said:

Did you use panel co ver 30 and 32? Where do they attach to?

Sorry, I don’t have a regular Arcadia release nor previous Yamato release of 1/3000 SDF-1. I’m just waiting for the premium release this coming April. 

So the decal #8 is the Macross City skyline? I just hope that Arcadia applied that as well as part of the premium finish release. 

8 hours ago, wmkjr said:

The one fromm the assembly kit measures 1.4cm x 8.7cm at it's longest. How long is the Arcadia decal?

more than 8 cm. ....my point exactly. The skyline decal they used was for the 1/2000 kit.

Edited by fenrir72

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry, I don’t have a regular Arcadia release nor previous Yamato release of 1/3000 SDF-1. I’m just waiting for the premium release this coming April. 

So the decal #8 is the Macross City skyline? I just hope that Arcadia applied that as well as part of the premium finish release. 

Wrong quote/query. My bad. That should have been dragonstar. Also, good luck to your April grail. 

35 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

Sorry, nothing to report.  If there are places for them to go, I've completely missed them.

Even Amiami and hlj are no help in contacting Arcadia about those parts. Bummer!

Anyways, prior to assembling the set, I read 1 horror story that it was a pain to attach the ARMD carriers. It wasn't. All you need to do is just angle the connecting point and it pops in easy. Just make sure you haven't attached the bridge and positioned the rail canons away.