Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

44 minutes ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

You know with the talk about regular and premium, I am a little confused. Is the premium going to be like the Yamato SDF-1 Kit that came with decals and two cannon parts and thruster parts? Plus I wonder if they fixed that issue with the arms, they are supposed to have the 90 degree arc featured in both DYRL and Macross Plus.

Premium is the same toy, with more paint apps and glow-in-the-dark paint.

SDF1 Comparison.jpg

SDF-1 Glowing.jpg

2 hours ago, gingaio said:

Premium is the same toy, with more paint apps and glow-in-the-dark paint.

SDF1 Comparison.jpg

SDF-1 Glowing.jpg

Then I am pre-ordering it, guess the Yamato is getting boxed.

2 hours ago, treatment said:

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Can the ARMD's be detached?

Chris

Well in the original Yamato the ARMD came already detached in the package so it's going to be the same

1 hour ago, dragonstar1982 said:

I bought my yamato sdf-1 from a member here early on this year and he gave me a sit of the glow in the dark decals. Is there a sit of instructions to apply these or  do I just use others as a reference?

20170809_141242.jpg

Holy crap! The time it would take to apply all those is definitely going to be worth paying the premium to have it all done better for me.

I bought my yamato sdf-1 from a member here early on this year and he gave me a sit of the glow in the dark decals. Is there a sit of instructions to apply these or  do I just use others as a reference?

20170809_141242.jpg

Never knew they even made these.  Cool!

53 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Holy crap! The time it would take to apply all those is definitely going to be worth paying the premium to have it all done better for me.

It's not that bad, if say maybe a week or so to panel line and apply eveything maybe longer If I have to guess we're they go. This way I can save money to buy more figures lol

It's not that bad, if say maybe a week or so to panel line and apply eveything maybe longer If I have to guess we're they go. This way I can save money to buy more figures lol

Yeah, it's great that this is out there for those who want it. I'm lazy though and over a week of work sounds like a lot of work to me.

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Here is a link MacrossJunkie posted in a previous thread for the assembly kit. Doesn't show where to put the glow stickers, just the installation instructions and warnings.

SDF-1  Assembly manual

Thanks for the link. I guess that week might be 2 now. Either way it's great to have in case I need to take apart my sdf to work on though.

Never saw that manual before but that's a nice bit of assembly required on that version of the kit.  In fact, I didn't even know this was offered in kit form!  Also, looks like the glow in the dark stuff are rub on transfer decals, not stickers and not water slide types.

I've been looking for generic glow in the dark decals similar to these for a long time. Anyone know where to find some?

Edited by arbit

Is the preorder date the 31st of August 2017 for the premium finish?

Seems like the closing date for the orders will be the 31st:

※ For "Premium Finish version" it will be our online limited item.

※ The closing day for orders will be until 2017 / August 31 (Thursday).

※ "Normal version" can be purchased at each retail store, net shop.

Edited by Scyla

7 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Is the preorder date the 31st of August 2017 for the premium finish?

I was reading that pre-orders end on August 31, but the machine translation could be incorrect on that point.

If it is correct, the window for ordering a premium version SDF-1 is going to be short.

Those last few pics are interesting.  Not quite like any glow in the dark paint/still ckers I've ever seen.  Or is it photoshop trickery making them look so vibrant?

I'll bet $500 before shipping.  This doesn't look si plain so despite my distaste for the DYRL version over the SDFM one this does look good enough I'll bite.

2 hours ago, erizai said:

This made me worry. Arcadia, please hear us for SDF-1 people preferred premium finishing than normal.

※ For "Premium Finish version" it will be our online limited item.

The VF-1S Hikaru, Roy, Lancer and Reactive armor assembly kit had the same statement but was available to purchase online outside of Arcadia's online shop.

30 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I am guessing if you order through Arcadia's online shop you have to pay for the pre-order up front?

Nope, when I ordered the Lancer they authorized my card and didnt charge me until release. However the Lancer was released like 2 weeks after preorders closed....

Just rewatched the anymoon review for the Yamato version (for 5th or 6th time) and I'm really torn about even purchasing the regular version.  

Seems like a very steep price for the level of detail and articulation. I understand it's the best sdf out there, at the same time I feel the cost is quite high for what you get.