Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

After the excitement of seeing the POs open for the SDF-1 regular version.  I went back and processed a picture of the Yamato release.

Sorry this SDF-1 is right out the box and is plain compared to kyekye and MacrossJunkies custom SDF-1.

Thanks for the pic, Saburo. Even though it looks a lot plainer in comparison to the Premium version, I would wager most collectors were more than happy with this version until the recent news. Things are always peachy until something better comes along. 

Edited by gingaio

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Kyekye's and Macross Junkie's are awesome ones for me to aspire to. Macross Junkie's SDF-1.

SDF-1_Cruiser_01.jpgSDF-1_Cruiser_night_02.jpg

Ooooh. I forgot about MJ's SDF-1. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

After the excitement of seeing the POs open for the SDF-1 regular version.  I went back and processed a picture of the Yamato release.

Sorry this SDF-1 is right out the box and is plain compared to kyekye and MacrossJunkies custom SDF-1s.

36360134905_6b71ad652c_h.jpg

You call this plain??? :rolleyes:

This ship can shoot WALLETS!

aWnZf0a.gif

I think Arcadia is surprised by the response....

Premium one is more popular then the regular one this time. (or may be all the time premium one is always doing better, hmm?)

Probably since already biting bullet, might as well biting a grenade? :p

My personal justification, for VF-1s I am good for the none premium, but if I can only afford one premium, SDF-1 is the pick.

Here's some of the links for the preorders so far

36800 yen 

hlj.com/product/ACA82134

36800 yen  (earn 1104 points) 

www.1999.co.jp/eng/10482662

35690 yen + 5000 yen for shipping (upfront payment)

www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/19438-macross-do-you-remember-love-sdf-1-macross-13000.html

36800 yen + 5200 yen shipping (earn 1104 points + 1400 bonus points)

bonus points offer applies to order placed between August 4 and August 13, 2017 (UTC+9).   After that date , bonus points will be only 700

www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-244663

I didn't put amiami because the price is above msrp.:p

Cdjapan is looking like the lowest price right now due to all those extra points that you can use for future purchase.

30 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

36580 JPY shipped at NY but I'll see how much the PF version will be.

Shipping by boat? I'm not convinced that I might be better off using HLJ and shipping it with my vf2SS.... NY is not cheap by air and they don't offer much of a break for combining.  Decisions decisions. 

50 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

sh9000, would you know if NY is able to insure the package for the full value if using ferry?  Shouldn't be more than $6 if the rate table is correct.

I checked but couldn't see anything else except that it includes tracking and insurance.

Edited by sh9000

In my experience the cost of registered SAL at NY is still close to other online retailers but once you go EMS they add a hefty markup to the cost of shipping.

The lower sticker price is usually more than enough to makeup the difference but it seems like a wash in this case because the price at HLJ, BIJ, and CDJ isn't that bad.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

The NY price is a good deal if you are a patient and calm collector, have special customs requirements, and don't mind waiting two weeks to a month for items to arrive. I picked up Masterpiece Artfire earlier this year and it took one month to ship from them, using registered SAL. It looks like my premium Roy is going to have similar hang time.

If you are not patient or calm, or you know that your local post office is rough with packages, then it might be better to wait for another store that has a good deal on EMS, FedEX, or DHL.

The regular version really doesn't look that bad.  Ofc, those pictures are designed to make the toy look as good as it can look.

Like most people here, I'm going to hold out for the premium version.  But if the regulars somehow find their way to discount bins by March/April next year, I might just settle for a discounted regular version (I doubt it will happen, but you never know).

Edited by HardlyNever