I am more interested in Yuki then M0.

I think it would be interesting to be able to compare the animation in both using "official" releases. So far i am pushing Yuki as better. It has a 'different' story too.

You have my Yuki support!

Unless the end sucks or it goes wierd like M0. Then I will flip flop. :p

• 5 weeks later...

It's out! It's finally out!! I'll soon have my 1/72 FA-2 Fand 2!!

After repeated delays, and a good 16 months since the last 1/72 Yukikaze release, Platz delives once again (better late than never) with another of their great kits.

Here's about all the pics and info I can find on it so far

Hobby Seatch - Lots of pics of parts and instructions

HpbbyLink Japan - Great finished model pics

Platz Homepage - More finished pics and some awesome CG profile views (click the pic)

I was really hoping for a good cockpit in this one, but it looks like I'm in for more of the same... From what I can tell, it's another solid, clear resin cockpit, with no interior detail, just like the Supersylph had. At least the Mave's cockpit was a step forward...

So I'm a bit disapointed in that respect, but it looks like the sculpt quality and esquisite detail alone will make it worth the money for me once again. I just told HLJ to ship it to me (via EMS, of course), so I'm quite anxious to get it :)

Also, Hobby Search has pre-orders for a bunch of pre-painted 1/144 Yukikaze kits... With pics, finally! These things have been delayed for literally a year now, so I'm very happy to see that they're finally going to see the light of day.

Among them are a few variants I've never heard of, including a Mave with dummy missiles (seen in episode 2), another Mave with the new engines (seen in episode 4), and the TS-X1 version of the Rafe (also seen in episode 2). However, still nothing on the FFR-31 Normal Sylph, which is the one I really want!

Have a look at em all here!

• 1 month later...

Reported on ANN,

Sentou Yousei Shoujo Tasukete! Mave-chan

(Battle Fairy Help girl! Mave-chan?)

http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/dbeat/mave/

Supposedly some kinda "parody spinoff" from yukikaze. Mecha-girls take on a new meaning? The figure is standing on top of a Super Sylph sillouete. Maybe she depicts the sylph's computer or something.....

• 4 weeks later...

For those of us that have been waiting more than a year for the Yellow Submarine planes....particularly the FFR-31 Sylphid, like me..........they appear to be delayed AGAIN!!!! :angry: According to HLJ. Now they show the date as Jan.!

Who thinks that'll happen. :rolleyes:

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, in case anybody wants to know when the next volume of Yukikaze hits stores, the official word from Bandai Entertainment is that they're waiting until GONZO finishes episode 5. That way, the next R1 DVD release will have eps. 3-5. It saves them money, it saves you money, and everybody will be happy in the end.

Now, can we have this f'n thread pinned so we no longer have to deal with redundant Yukikaze threads? :angry:

Last rumour I heard was that the delay with episode 5 was due to Lt. Rei Fukai & Major James Bukhar finally declaring their love for each other and had decided to stop fighting the JAM and move to San Francisco to get married. :p

Presently Gonzo/Bandai are frantically looking for 2 replacement characters to star in the final episode. :lol:

Graham

I often laugh at people who complain about anime titles costing too much. Fifteen years ago, people spent $40-50 on a single-episode OAV title on subtitled VHS. IIRC, the Bubblegum Crisis VHS boxed set retailed for $150. Now you can get the entire series on DVD for under $60.

In relation to Yukikaze, $20-30 for an R1 DVD with 2-3 episodes is a hell of a deal compared with $70-80 for a Japanese R2 DVD with just one episode.

So if you think anime prices are too high right now, then stop being a fan.

Okay, in case anybody wants to know when the next volume of Yukikaze hits stores, the official word from Bandai Entertainment is that they're waiting until GONZO finishes episode 5. That way, the next R1 DVD release will have eps. 3-5. It saves them money, it saves you money, and everybody will be happy in the end.

Now, can we have this f'n thread pinned so we no longer have to deal with redundant Yukikaze threads? :angry:

Actually, the official word now from Bandai quoted to me by Jerry Chu is that they'll be releasing a DVD with eps 3-4 so that people don't have to wait longer. As a bonus/make-up, episode 5 will be released with the Mave-chan spinoff.

• 1 month later...
Actually, the official word now from Bandai quoted to me by Jerry Chu is that they'll be releasing a DVD with eps 3-4 so that people don't have to wait longer. As a bonus/make-up, episode 5 will be released with the Mave-chan spinoff.

So now it's gonna be 3 discs? In that case, how come eps. 3-4 haven't been released yet?

I forgot, what was the whole point of this series? I've seen all 4 episodes that have been released and fansubbed yet I still have no clue as to where this story was suppose to go or what the point of it was. Sure there is a war between Earth and the other world but we've never seeing a major offensive on either side, nothing really explained about either side and all we are mostly presented with is the angst filled, adult pilot. I thought all that angst was suppose to go to teenage pilots?

• 3 weeks later...
I thought all that angst was suppose to go to teenage pilots?

That angst actually applies to 99% of lead-anime characters...

The home page is also rather neat-o....

Edited by myk

Wow, I just watched Yukikaze..

Ugh.... the story was just so horrific...

The animation in "Operation 1" was pretty iffy too. The scenes near the end were rendered way better than the first big fighter battles.

It's based on a book right? I hope the story just "suffered" in the adaptation.

Thought, I must say, I can see what all the hooplah was about - those fighter designs are just gorgeous beyond words!

I especially loved The FRX-99, absolutely beautiful! Best fighter design since the YF-19.

• 1 month later...
I'm guessing I should put this post here:

Has anyone picked up the completed models(?)/display pieces from Yellow Submarine yet? Just wondering about the quality and whether or not they are worth importing.

Yellow Sub FRX-00 Mave Ramjet Flying Type

312142[/snapback]

I'd like to know this also. Plus what the hell is taking them so long to release the FFR-31 Sylphid? I love that design. It's my favorite!

Chris